Driller[SV]
+1|6832|Slovenia
Holy Cow! I bought a stick just to see if all this yaddayadda is true -> I will never fly again a jet without the proper "tools"!
Hansim
+1|6890

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

...Thx tips...
Zen, i hope you are able to help out :? Your videos and tips were a very delight and an big inspiration for me. So i played, played and played in SP - but sucks - on empty servers, but on the PLA-Maps most vehicles are missing, so finally i did a lot of practice on unranked servers. With the unranked ones i´ve been very lucky, because it is more easy to get into a jet and there are mostly notso many `hey, get outit´s my jet´people LOL.

To come short, recently i played some ranked servers again and did quite well on the easier maps.
But e.g. ´Dalian Plant´ gets me totally ill, sick and will bring me for sure to death...
WTH e.g. if you grab the PLA-Jet it will be so easy to get almost out of every trouble caused by AA and the lame US-Jets - BUT - HOW TO BOMB or SHOOT DOWN HELIS on this map? Well, after some hours again on unranked servers i am near delirium (( - Dalian Plant is sooo narrow, too many cranes, too many one can crash into...
You have no ´space´to clearly find a way (and time) to attack the choppers. So i hunted the US-Jets and tried to achieve better dogfight. Yes, of course, the map is made for helicopters gunning the hell out of infantery, but is there no way to achieve also good bombing runs with the Jets?
Hmm...today i saw some ppl. base-bombing the US-Carrier again and again, but that´s not what i am looking for. I would like to become a decent BF2-pilot who does not need to hunt for the cheap kills.

So Zen, do you have any good and useful tips, maybe a video for maps like Dalian Plant or other PLA-Maps except Wake 2007 (LOL)? Any tips for bombing tanks, flag-points and strafing helis down on those difficult maps are welcome!!!

Greets and happy flying
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864
well i didn"t play on dalian that much so can't help you a lot

but look at the map.. see how area near the PLA base is all mountain?

so when you fly and try to hunt choppers/jets, go out to carrier side or any sides that opens up (like sea)

and come fly back inland and loop back out

and the way to kill choppers = MG all the way

just get on jets and realized where the MG goes (since there are no definite crosshair) and just shoot at choppers

don't expect to kill them with 1 fly over... take your time and finish them (i suck at killing choppers lol)
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

I have moved on from Wake 2007 now back to Sharqi, I don't expect to be doing any more jet whoring any time soon - I am playing more CS and AoC again

J10s can dominate Dalian Plant by bombing vehicles and neutral flags. Just do bombing runs over and over to rack up your score, the helicopters are more difficult to take down because of the lack of airspace (crane, cargo unloader, mountains, cooling towers) all so close together pretty much makes it helicopter territory.

Chasing other Jets on dailian is a waste compared to bombing the ground troops and vehicles - Dailian has a high flag turn over so just bomb bomb bomb. The helicopters present good targets sometimes, being 2 per team, but I don't whore the helicopters on Dailian like I would on Wake.

Zen.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864
omg zen no more bh whoring with nick? i loved it..

anyway what server?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

washow wrote:

omg zen no more bh whoring with nick? i loved it..

anyway what server?
Looking for 24/7 Sharqi servers, so far we've only found two or three Kark & Sharqi, but no pure Sharqis Mashtuur isnt quite as fun as wake, and Kark is boring now, Sharqi still has that solid infantry appeal though. You can see where were playing on my xfire.
Hansim
+1|6890

washow wrote:

...but look at the map.. see how area near the PLA base is all mountain...so when you fly and try to hunt choppers/jets, go out to carrier side or any sides that opens up (like sea)...lol
Thx washow . Yes tried it but i still suck 'cause can't handle it. Maybe i am pushing the J10 too fast, but that ´don´t reduce speed´was one tip Masta Zen gave as a preliminary tip (as far as i remember it) - omg, yes speed has to be adjusted due to the environment ...
That attack sequence from the sea or somewhat from the more open sides i've had also in mind, but then i got heavy and happy AA-fire from the US-carrier - the guys over there fired from both AA-Turrets like crazy maniacs, maybe they trained for New Year's eve - heavy fireworks - LOL.
And yes, to boom the helis out of the Dalian Plant sky - hard, hard, extra hard - at least for me .

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

I have moved on from Wake 2007 now back to Sharqi, I don't expect to be doing any more jet whoring any time soon - I am playing more CS and AoC again
Arrrgggghhh. . Bad, bad news, Masta. You'll leave? Who will be then our ´Obi-Wan Kenobi´or `Yoda`. I really hoped to be able watching some new, cool and stunning jet-videos from you, soon. . I hope you don't leave jets totally - you see i am really keen on some new jet-videos and flight tips.
Zen, it seems to be really hard to find equivalent quality video-tips for those difficult maps. So if you feel bored with CS - assume it is Counter Strike - and AoC - have no clue what it is, 'cause BF2 is my first PC-Game, too old for too much gaming LOL - i would be glad to watch you again!
Again Zen, tHx for your tips and - as always - fun in game-play!!!
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864
one tip for dodging USS Essex missiles

just do a loop LOL

we have to take an advantage over the crappy AA system in game.. all you gotta do to avoid missiles is not to go straight when missiles' coming at you..

just pitch up/down fast when missiles on your rear (50m?) and the missile will go and hit their friendly lol

so when you'r adjusted to this, all you gotta do is just jerk the joystick up and down and you'll dodge all of the missiles

and the missile on carrier's about 1/2 power of normal AA. so even if you do get hit by one, it's no big deal

just go back to base (watch your rear! some pilot could be aiming MG at you) and repair
Masta_Daco
+39|6889|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

washow wrote:

j10 got no vertical line?? lol can't even remember and i just flew 30 min ago

anyway set a key for "rear view" and everytime you bomb, press the button and see where bomb drops

do that for sometime and you will KNOW when to drop bomb at whatever angle you are by second nature

just practice on singleplayer or empty server.. you have to know it by second nature and practice is where it's at
thx what a simple idea i have never thought of that i will try it on a server ok thank you very much
yUP|Patriots
+7|6814
Nice post Zen, I enjoyed reading it.
AppeL
+0|6819
I will receive my Stick in few days. I'm going to set a key for rear view and one for normal view. On Keybord there are F9-F12 for the views. Is it possible that i can set a key for Cockpit view, but without the HUD (the plane controls)?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

No, you have to press forward view twice. Also set the keys on your joystick for view, you dont want to have to reach for F# keys or you will crash and burn.
yUP|Patriots
+7|6814
I tried binding the fly by view to my joystcik unsuccessfully. How can I do this?
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864
just go to control option in game and press the slot you want to assign the key and press the button on your joystick

it's just like assigning keyboard keys
yUP|Patriots
+7|6814

washow wrote:

just go to control option in game and press the slot you want to assign the key and press the button on your joystick

it's just like assigning keyboard keys
yes, I know how to bind a key. However, I cannot locate the bind to assign the "fly by view" in the controls options.
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6909|Longueuil
Good work on the guide i'll had 2 little things !
1: When your bombing dont follow the level of the ground come from high in the sky going to the ground and go back high after your bombs are dropped will leave you more time to plan your next target, a better rear view of the area you just left and Its easyer to line up a single bomb + when your high in the sky its harder for other jets to find you...

2: If your in a f-35b out of afterburners and you have to a good mig-29 pilot with a joystick on your back start praying...
(saving your afterburners and using the trottle properly in turns is the key to stay alive

And it is easy to kill a jet driver inside the jet with MGs in turns (depending on the situation) if you know how, i guess this comes with training and experience...
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864

yUP|Patriots wrote:

I tried binding the fly by view to my joystcik unsuccessfully. How can I do this?
you mean like instead of just rear view mode, pressing ctrl and look around with mouse??

i guess you can do that if you can set your joystick's POV buttons to work as mouse like mine

but just assign key for rear view.. better that way
yUP|Patriots
+7|6814

washow wrote:

yUP|Patriots wrote:

you mean like instead of just rear view mode, pressing ctrl and look around with mouse??

i guess you can do that if you can set your joystick's POV buttons to work as mouse like mine

but just assign key for rear view.. better that way
no, I'm referring to when you press the C key 3 times to get a "fly by"  view. I want to bind the fly by to my joystick. I'm not sure if it's possible.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6864
"rear view" i'm referring is that "fly by view"

go to control - aircraft

and there's camera section with 4 or 5 buttons

first one is cockpit and third one is the fly by view
yUP|Patriots
+7|6814
Got it,

thanks for your help.

Last edited by yUP|Patriots (2006-02-09 11:44:24)

d3x74
+14|6799|NY
Using the JoyToKey utility posted earlier it is possible to drop single bombs from the jets.

Just set your bomb button (on the joystick) to the same as the fire button (mouse1, map it in the Aircraft controls menu) and set the frequency to 2 per second. This presses and presses the bomb release button rapidly causing you to release a single bomb.

Otherwise get a Thrustmaster Top Gun joystick and download thier Thrustmaster software. It has a macro feature for programming buttons to fire at a specific interval.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

Yes, thank you very much.

I haven't checked this thread in a while because the blackhawk nerf made me not want to play USMC on wake anymore. So China is still fun, but going back to USMC every second round is brutal. Playing Sharqi now, looking less like a whore every day rofl.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

Poncho wrote:

I made a new image for you:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/h.gaastra/joystick_setup.gif
Could you change button 7 from forward view, to Voice Comm. I use that now and it is much better for talking to copilots, or bombing where your squad needs ya.

Thanks bro this is nice!
pasngr
+50|6797

Poncho wrote:

And i also got a question. im sorry if it was already asked but there are alot replys to read...

the question is; i'm thinking of buying a joystick too (thanks to you, lol) but im thinking of the

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

image: http://images.google.nl/images?q=Logite … gen+zoeken

it will cost me around 30 to 35 euro. what do you say?
3D Pro is a good one.  Here's a link to a joystick discussion.  Hope this helps.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=18884
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6898

Thanks again - as for what joystick to buy all I know is that they don't make the one I use anymore so better to talk to people about what they like.

I will say that in the joystick department, you get what you pay for!! If you only play a little and aren't sure what you want, get a middle of the line. If you love flying get a really good one. If you buy a cheap one, you will be disappointed, especially with how they "feel" - the spring loaded ones are absolute shit and the control is not very smooth.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard