Fearnight
+0|6727
After playing my first SF game I disconnected and found that I have a new weapon unlock. I'm still 1k points from a rank up, however. Did they change the rank requirement for unlocks? (I'd guess private first class gets the first unlock instead of lance corporal)
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
If you before the expansion have a certain rank, will you get to keep it or are you forced to restart?
You continue from your current rank and if you already have a very high rank you can even get unlockables directly since you have worked your way up in advance. I don't have the exact points in my head, but there is some room to play even for the high ranked players.

When you install and play the expansion you continue to build on your current profile. As you advance in rank you will gain access to weapons from the expansion to use in BF2. This means that there are no unique unlocks in the expansion but you unlock the possibility to use weapons from the expansion in the original game.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9210
Boogie
+1|6738
Yeah I can uderstand the SF unlocks, but I know have another BF unlock without ranking up.  on my stats page it shows that I have 6/7 unlocks without getting to first sgt.  is this the norm? or is it a glitch in the feed, and I only unlocked it for SF and its showing up wrong?
LoaderX
+-1|6750|Tucson, Arizona
I got 3 right off the bat after my first round...
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas

LoaderX wrote:

I got 3 right off the bat after my first round...
So did my brother... he started clicking shit... didn't realize he was unlocking weapons! Dumb-ass!

( He reads my posts here, let's see if he can find this one! )
ILLSeaBass
+0|6724
Same thing happened to me. I was able to unlock 3 weapons..  Maybe it's an award for buying the expansion pack
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Now check this out, guys. Take those new unlocks and run regular BF2. You now have two levels of unlocks in that game
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra

chuyskywalker wrote:

Now check this out, guys. Take those new unlocks and run regular BF2. You now have two levels of unlocks in that game
yeh the new spec ops gun is pretty good on normal bf2, i got team killed just so the guy could get it!!
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6747|The Netherlands
i dont think you can grab a SF weapon when you don't have it.
and if i don't get free unlocks i feel like i m punished for the fact i made it all up to 1st sgt.
LTD_SpikE
+0|6757
The 1.12 patch makes it possible for non-sf owners to use the new unlocks.  So anyone can have the new mp7 if they find a engi pack on the ground.  I can see alot of people running around picking up kits trying to find one they like.

SpikE
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

fdcp_elmo wrote:

i dont think you can grab a SF weapon when you don't have it.
and if i don't get free unlocks i feel like i m punished for the fact i made it all up to 1st sgt.
yes you can.

and most people with higher scores will get all SF unlocks when they log in. I don't know exactly what the point requirements are but I saw one First Sergeant post that he got all unlocks. I'm pretty sure the official requirements will be coming out shortly though.
LTD_SpikE
+0|6757
I recieved 4 or 5 unlocks.. all but 1 after one round of SF.  This is the same number of unlocks I have in reg bf2, so any that you have now, you will be able to unlock the same number after 1 round of SF.  Sgt Major or higher will have all unlocks.

SpikE
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6773
how many unlocks does SF have?  I got 4 and only have one more rank to make...so I'm assuming there's only 5 unlocks in SF then?
-TAC^Opie-
+2|6798
So, if I have this straight, the new weapons do not need to be unlocked to use them on SF maps, but they do need to be unlocked to use them on regular BF2 maps, right?

Last edited by -TAC^Opie- (2005-11-23 07:36:54)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
Here's some info I found buried in a readme file:

UNLOCKS
- By playing on a Battlefield 2™: Special Forces map, you will gain the priviledge
  of being able to unlock some of the Battlefield 2™: Special Forces weapons for use
  in regular BF2 maps.  These unlocks are considered to be tier 2 unlocks, where as
  the original unlocks are considered to be tier 1.  You must first have unlocked
  the tier 1 weapon for a particular kit before you can access and unlock the tier 2
  weapon.  As an example, if you must unlock the G3A3 for the assault kit before you
  can unlock the F2000 for the assault kit.
Adonlude
+2|6771
God I want to play SF so bad, and it will be on my doorstep by the time I am off work today! Too bad I have to drive 5 hours away to my parents house for Thanksgiving weekend as soon as I am off work. I wont get to install until sunday! My freaken parents only have dialup and I am not moving my entire setup to their house just to play single player SF for 3 days.

What the hell is an F2000?
-TAC^Opie-
+2|6798
So I guess that means that all the Special Forces weapons come enabled on SF maps, but are only enabled on BF2 maps after you have unlocked them.

Last edited by -TAC^Opie- (2005-11-23 07:57:45)

wensleydale8
+81|6761|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
i am gettin SF in a couple of days but there is one thing in mind that i have the f200 has a n00b tube i think.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
TripleKo
+2|6772|Sweden

Adonlude wrote:

God I want to play SF so bad, and it will be on my doorstep by the time I am off work today! Too bad I have to drive 5 hours away to my parents house for Thanksgiving weekend as soon as I am off work. I wont get to install until sunday! My freaken parents only have dialup and I am not moving my entire setup to their house just to play single player SF for 3 days.

What the hell is an F2000?
F2000 is the new Assault unlock weapon. Looks like Jackhammer (at least I think), but it's automatic.
-xDookiex-
+0|6774
The F2000 is the new assault gun for SAS forces, and a unlock in the original. Its a pretty damn good gun. Beats all the other assault kits!
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6786|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Yeah, I got the same thing and now I would like to know how to get the rest of the unlocks?  When you rank do you get two unlocks now or what?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard