Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
unnamednewbie13
+1,905|5767|USA

So anyway I had an opportunity to touch on MacNamara stuff with one of the usual boomers (never forget that "boomer" is now a "bad word" regardless of the context in which it's used; they'll get defensive about that, but of course they're allowed to use "millennial" any way they want). Their defense was that he gave up a lot to assume the position because he was a responsible patriot and felt obliged. "Worked his butt off to the detriment of his family!" as if that somehow makes his performance and contributions sacrosanct. The rose tint is practically stained brown sometimes when it comes to this sort of personality nostalgia.

Further defense when pressed went into skirting around r-mac's avoided topics (he had a lot to talk about, after all), and generalizing "all politicians" as evil actors (except, of course, ones they admire - and if one of those has done bad things, then at least "he's was our bad guy").

Reeeeeally interesting opinions sometimes. I'll watch the MacNamara interviews with interest, but not rapt adoration.
uziq
+399|2447
i never expressed rapt adoration for him. he’s a stooge of disastrous american foreign policy ffs. but late in his life he did give some extremely candid interviews, which are highly revealing (including yes, of course, a psychological profile — including all the evasions and self-deceptions he has to tell).

his life trajectory was pretty wild.
unnamednewbie13
+1,905|5767|USA

I was pretty much operating under the assumption that you were watching it because it was interesting, mostly the same reason I do? Making specific complaints about Macnamara was my sidetrack.
lil_droo
+18|490

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is why we lost the war in Iraq.
https://i.redd.it/gx8nnj6vrlc71.jpg
Is this for real or are they hurt? That shit is really bad for our image if they're legit cuddling
gang shit
Larssen
+69|883
It's actually something you're taught to do if it's very cold, to make sure you don't die from hypothermia. Going by the terrain that looks more like Afghanistan to me, which can be absolutely frigid during winter, esp. at high altitudes.

Also, going by uniforms and the gear lying around I don't think these are americans.

In any case they're not doing it because it's fun, but that should be glaringly obvious....

Last edited by Larssen (2021-07-22 12:27:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+473|2715
Statistically at least one of them is enjoying it
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+560|5709|Purplicious Wisconsin
Well, they are marines...
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
lil_droo
+18|490

Larssen wrote:

It's actually something you're taught to do if it's very cold, to make sure you don't die from hypothermia. Going by the terrain that looks more like Afghanistan to me, which can be absolutely frigid during winter, esp. at high altitudes.

Also, going by uniforms and the gear lying around I don't think these are americans.

In any case they're not doing it because it's fun, but that should be glaringly obvious....
Well I was never in the military so it's not obvious to me. That makes sense if they're doing it cause of the cold. Gear looks american to me but once again not an expert on military shit

Either way not a good picture to post from any military. Other people see that shit as a sign of weakness. Not saying I agree with that but it's true
gang shit
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+763|5680|United States of America
Strong military be like
uziq
+399|2447

lil_droo wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Well I was never in the military so it's not obvious to me. That makes sense if they're doing it cause of the cold. Gear looks american to me but once again not an expert on military shit

Either way not a good picture to post from any military. Other people see that shit as a sign of weakness. Not saying I agree with that but it's true
i’m sure america’s enemies are going to be emboldened now they’ve seen soldiers trying to keep warm in freezing temperatures. the nukes, aircraft carriers and attack helicopters aint shit. these guys are fags!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,741|5101|eXtreme to the maX
Probably losing more heat into the ground than they're gaining by snuggling.

Should have taken their MLP groundsheet.
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
+1,905|5767|USA

lol, your house is pretty glassy to be chucking stones at military teens and their cartoon-pattern groundsheets.
Larssen
+69|883

lil_droo wrote:

Larssen wrote:

The sacred band of thebes was famously full of gays. The greeks were convinced that men who love eachother will fight harder, droo. You see weakness, I say: dont drop the soap

Last edited by Larssen (2021-07-23 04:03:56)

unnamednewbie13
+1,905|5767|USA

The fiveheads of reddit who hide three-inch overbites and double-chins underneath a scraggly layer of facial hair probably think stuff like that picture is a sign of weakness. Not exactly primo sources.

But droo's right, soldiers should go back into their borg alcoves when resting so as not to tarnish the military image.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard