-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6590|Melbourne, Australia.
Sorry if this has been posted, search didn't return the same article

DICE wrote:

Greetings!

There is a lot happening in the Battlefield Universe. Our work with the update has now moved into active Closed Beta testing with the Combat Studios team to verify the fixes in a live environment. We wanted to add a few more items to the listed fixes for 1.05 for everyone to review prior to release:
Assault Rifle Improvement: We have made slight adjustments to the deviation of the Assault rifles to increase the accuracy of short burst fire. Long duration full auto fire will still create significant deviation. These changes will help the assault burst-fire performance in medium range fire fights.
Server Stability Improvements: We have made some improvements to the server stability. These improvements are currently being Beta tested by our ranked server partners in an effort to have a solid final release. We will continue our effort to provide increased stability with each new BF2142 Update
Fixed an issue with the Silver Titan Destruction Badge not being awarded when core is destroyed
Fixed an issue with the ground defense kills not being properly counted towards the Ground Defense Ribbon
We would also like to thank the entire crew at Combat Studios and Multiplay.co.uk for their tremendous efforts in helping with our Beta Testing of 2142. If you would like to help out with future Beta Testing of 2142 Update releases please sign up here.

For our European Clan Players the Battlefield 2142 Cup is beginning. Your clan can sign up until November 18th at the Clan Base website for your chance to win great prizes. We look forward to watching the competition and cheering you along.

There have been some questions regarding stats sites for Battlefield 2142. We will be allowing these stat sites to provide the services many of you have enjoyed with BF2. However we are currently taking steps to ensure that the activity of these sites, specifically the additional traffic they create for the Stats Database Servers, does not negatively impact players in game. Over the course of the next few weeks we will be finalizing the steps needed to ensure a quality experience for all players.

We will also be finalizing patch 1.41 for Battlefield 2. More information regarding the content and final release date for this patch will be released next week.

To wrap this up we also wanted to note that the next round of the Battlefield:2 ModLight is coming up with its review of the BattleRacer mod. Please join us in appreciation of another great BF2 mod!

Be sure to keep your eyes on this space for all your official Battlefield Updates!

-Your DICE Live Team
Spiers.ckz
+10|6538

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

We will also be finalizing patch 1.41 for Battlefield 2. More information regarding the content and final release date for this patch will be released next week.
hmm, i like the game the way it is now. I hope they include a new map. Maybe a PLA vs MEC map?
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6397|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Spiers.ckz wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

hmm, i like the game the way it is now. I hope they include a new map. Maybe a PLA vs MEC map?
I wouldn't get your hopes up, most likely they will be nerfing more things, for example the mp5. Because so many people bitch OMG the MP5 IS TOO L337 NERF IT MORE.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
I doubt there will be a new map..

..all I want fixed is the rego .
Spiers.ckz
+10|6538
one can always hope, i really think they owe the players a few more maps to keep the game alive. I know they probably would make more money developing "BF 1242 - return of the rampaging vikings", but i would still like a few more maps.

Last edited by Spiers.ckz (2006-11-09 23:57:03)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6547|Internetfitlerland

Looks interesting.  If they are releasing the date next week, then you would assume that the patch will follow within 1-2 weeks.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6580|USA
all i can say is, don't be surprised if it does something gay, like get rid of the stats system.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin

~Smokey~ wrote:

then you would assume that the patch will follow within 1-2 weeks.
ha! you wish...

They will say it will be released in 1-2 weeks, when really, like 1.4, it will be released 2 months later
DRKillusion
+10|6485|glued to my chair
bring it on.!
i vote new map.!

Page up      YES

Page down  NO
turkeybacon
+50|6455|Dragon Valley
All I hope is they fix the J-10 imbalance, its ridiculous. All the F35B is good for is a high speed ride to go steal the enemy J-10.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6538

turkeybacon wrote:

All I hope is they fix the J-10 imbalance, its ridiculous. All the F35B is good for is a high speed ride to go steal the enemy J-10.
I think i remember a chat or an interview with someone from DICE claiming that messing with the J-10 would involve way to many other things and therefor it wouldn't be done. But i think all BF2 players can agree that it would be nice to even the balance a bit.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6796|Bulgaria
It's great that they are still doing something for BF2, I love this game
But I am curious to see what this patch will include... No details yet.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England

~Smokey~ wrote:

Looks interesting.  If they are releasing the date next week, then you would assume that the patch will follow within 1-2 weeks.
It took them 1-2 months after doing the last beta test dont build your hopes up there fella .
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6590|England

Ender2309 wrote:

all i can say is, don't be surprised if it does something gay, like get rid of the stats system.
You really think they would get rid of stats system when so many of us buy ranked servers every month ??Its EA we are talking about the love the money .
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6729|Melbourne, Australia

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

and revert back to 1.12
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6683|Houston, Texas

Spiers.ckz wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

That'd be nice. I've been putting Feedback on EA's forums for over a year requesting this.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6539|UK
There modding guns short burst guns
kiss goodbye to the M16
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

kiss goodbye to the M16
The M16 isn't available in BF2142 though...
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6539|UK

Sambuccashake wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

kiss goodbye to the M16
What does this have to do with 2142, its a BF2 patch.
Delphy
+45|6594|Bristol, UK

Spiers.ckz wrote:

turkeybacon wrote:

I think i remember a chat or an interview with someone from DICE claiming that messing with the J-10 would involve way to many other things and therefor it wouldn't be done. But i think all BF2 players can agree that it would be nice to even the balance a bit.
They don't need to change anything in the code, all they need to do is switch all the F35s for F18s. J10 is still better than an F18, but it can at least dodge missiles.
Longbow
+163|6656|Odessa, Ukraine
I have terrible feeling that they will nerf both AK101\G36E b.c. of complainers ...
Sambuccashake
+126|6620|Sweden

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

kiss goodbye to the M16
What does this have to do with 2142, its a BF2 patch.
The first section in the update is all BF2142.
(Note the words "listed fixes for 1.05")
Only the stuff after the bold text have to do with BF2.

So... The burst rifles they are talking about are in BF2142 and not BF2.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-11-10 02:43:32)

SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6830|Delaware

I.M.I Militant wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

and revert back to 1.12
1.12 for the win.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6766|Hell, p.o box 666

hm, sry but there is already a topic with more replies about it, so I´ve closed this one here.

Please use this topic to discuss...

cheers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard