cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6701
A Message From the DICE Live Team

Greetings!

There is a lot happening in the Battlefield Universe. Our work with the update has now moved into active Closed Beta testing with the Combat Studios team to verify the fixes in a live environment. We wanted to add a few more items to the listed fixes for 1.05 for everyone to review prior to release:
Assault Rifle Improvement: We have made slight adjustments to the deviation of the Assault rifles to increase the accuracy of short burst fire. Long duration full auto fire will still create significant deviation. These changes will help the assault burst-fire performance in medium range fire fights.
Server Stability Improvements: We have made some improvements to the server stability. These improvements are currently being Beta tested by our ranked server partners in an effort to have a solid final release. We will continue our effort to provide increased stability with each new BF2142 Update
Fixed an issue with the Silver Titan Destruction Badge not being awarded when core is destroyed
Fixed an issue with the ground defense kills not being properly counted towards the Ground Defense Ribbon
We would also like to thank the entire crew at Combat Studios and Multiplay.co.uk for their tremendous efforts in helping with our Beta Testing of 2142. If you would like to help out with future Beta Testing of 2142 Update releases please sign up here.

For our European Clan Players the Battlefield 2142 Cup is beginning. Your clan can sign up until November 18th at the Clan Base website for your chance to win great prizes. We look forward to watching the competition and cheering you along.

There have been some questions regarding stats sites for Battlefield 2142. We will be allowing these stat sites to provide the services many of you have enjoyed with BF2. However we are currently taking steps to ensure that the activity of these sites, specifically the additional traffic they create for the Stats Database Servers, does not negatively impact players in game. Over the course of the next few weeks we will be finalizing the steps needed to ensure a quality experience for all players.

We will also be finalizing patch 1.41 for Battlefield 2. More information regarding the content and final release date for this patch will be released next week.

To wrap this up we also wanted to note that the next round of the Battlefield:2 ModLight is coming up with its review of the BattleRacer mod. Please join us in appreciation of another great BF2 mod!

Be sure to keep your eyes on this space for all your official Battlefield Updates!

-Your DICE Live Team
http://battlefield2142.ea.com/battlefie … 10906.aspx

No update on the gliching for 2142 but a BF2 1.41 patch next week!!!

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-11-09 11:33:35)

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6649|Devil's Perch
Oh my god.
WTF?
Seriously.

This feels... strange.
I somehow feel... sick? Weird? Dizzy? No, it's something different... Could it be... I feel informed?
Could it be this message does actually hold some content and not only blathering?
While I do not agree with and am actually not happy-in-advance like some others will be about some of the stuff in there, I really think this is a good, solid newsletter to keep the players informed.

Right now, I say DICE Live team FTW. Go! Go! Go!

I won't comment on the content any further right now, I'll let things settle first.
Proud member of a dead community.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic
As above, coupled with a feeling of hope for the future of this game.

I'm also enjoying the fact that we seem to be getting one of these newsletters every week, even if it is just to say they are looking at a small problem it's important to know.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6701
And everybody thought there would be no more BF2 patches post 2142.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6633|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
looks like my glitching is untouched..

must tell more people about it, get it fixed.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6582|Your attic

cheshiremoe wrote:

And everybody thought there would be no more BF2 patches post 2142.
Yep, they done good on keeping the support up, although a 0.0x patch is only a bug/change patch, no new content will be added.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6649|Devil's Perch

spawnofthemist wrote:

Perhaps they're trying not to draw any more attention to this.
I actually played Titan on a few servers today where people weren't glitching, so there are either still people who don't care or don't know.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6611|Cork, Ireland
Excellent news!
spawnofthemist
Banned
lol.. you're lucky, every server i've been on.. someone's doing it..

oh wait..

it's me
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6649|Devil's Perch

spawnofthemist wrote:

lol.. you're lucky, every server i've been on.. someone's doing it..

oh wait..

it's me
OMG!!! WTF??? PADDER!!!!

SCRRRNR
MDKThePriest
+6|6554
STATS!!! w00t
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6586|Iceland

spawnofthemist wrote:

lol they not gonna say ''We fixed dthe glitch where u could get 5000+ points by hovering over the titan and.....'' but they will fix it.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-11-09 11:57:29)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6752
They're going to unbalance the game with this assault thing. The accuracy is very good already with burst fire - the only weapon I would change is the Baur (give it more accurayc but keep the recoil). A Voss can take down people at pretty much anything medium/short range already - it doesn't need long range as well.

Next thing the support will get less accurate...
CackNBallz
+45|6734|Toronto, Canada

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Perhaps they're trying not to draw any more attention to this.
I actually played Titan on a few servers today where people weren't glitching, so there are either still people who don't care or don't know.
This might be true in fact.  It would indeed draw more attention to this and possibly cause more people to do it (even moreso then the many posts by spawnofthemist) before the patch is released.

If this upcoming patch fixes that glitch, then they will release the information that the issue was there.  There's also no mention of the ammo stat padding on the titan guns.

I really like that the Ground Defense ribbon is fixed. I have had many kills with that sweet piece of machinery, only not to be rewarded 500 points for it.

Is it just me or are the AR rockets add-on not being properly recorded in the weapons stats area.  I have also had quite a few kills with that weapon, but there are only zeroes in BFHQ.
spawnofthemist
Banned
i'll accept that when i see it.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6767|EUR
Nothing on the titan glitch?
eagles1106
+269|6575|Marlton, New Jersey.
Dont know why, but after all the complaints, something tells me Dice is going to make 4.41 a dirty beast.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-11-09 12:59:33)

Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Good news although I would like to see some other glitches fixed as well.

And uh oh... More Baur wielding maniacs will pummel me after the patch.
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan

Talon wrote:

Next thing the support will get less accurate...
As it should be. They've got the sentry gun to make up for it.
spawnofthemist
Banned
the support guns are one of the only things they coded like they said they would.

leave them alone.
Doktorbob
+26|6480
Why would they mention the glitch issues?  They won't want anyone knowing about their screw-ups.  They may even try and fix it(?)   But, let's not get over-confident!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6553|Southampton, UK

spawnofthemist wrote:

Doesn't this mean we should tell everyone on the bf2s forums about it? And how to do it?
If so i will gladly say
Let's screw EA over like they have done to us for several years.

Last edited by Knightnifer (2006-11-09 13:02:14)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
They're going to unbalance the game with this assault thing. The accuracy is very good already with burst fire - the only weapon I would change is the Baur (give it more accurayc but keep the recoil). A Voss can take down people at pretty much anything medium/short range already - it doesn't need long range as well.
That's the gun they're talking about. Each class in 2142 is basically two packs put together. They're talking about increasing the accuracy for the Assault side of the Assault kit, not the Medic side of it. The Medic gun is already accurate enough... the Baur sucks.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|NÃ¥rvei

Wtf ?

Nooooooooo, not another patch for BF2 *sigh* ... damn morons
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
eagles1106
+269|6575|Marlton, New Jersey.
Like I said, something tells me 4.41 will actually be good and will be done right.  Idk why, but it will just be awesome.

It's gonna be a dirty horse.

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-11-09 13:09:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard