Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

StevenBullen wrote:

Well I will post my list later... (GER)Gunde would be the first. All I can remember at present.

But as this topic will get out of hand.... the word POINTLESS comes to mind.
Unfortunatley. But the word pointless comes to my mind if I see 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 posts reporting padders (especially the ammo thingy), and filled with nothing but I dont care every day.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
I like slayers edit.

And on a sidenote, all your 2142 sections belong to us.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-11-07 05:02:14)

']['error
Banned
+630|6615|The Netherlands
can i report myself as an haxx0r?

https://img468.imageshack.us/img468/6892/omfghaxjpegkk3.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
2142 you nub.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6628|Devil's Perch

StevenBullen wrote:

So the other half who do care about stats. Get one topic... lol I like the way your mind works.
I will avoid any comments on your mind as you obviously STILL didn't get the most basic idea and message of this topic:
BF2s.com CAN DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about padders, so there's ABSOLUTELY NO POINT in "reporting" them or posting about them here.

Is there any point in posting about such people at all? No. If that bothers anyone, report them in the appropriate places. They'll be examined and probably their stats will be reset.
Beyond that, nothing else matters.
If you have the time post excessive reports about "suspicious activities" all over the web AND still play the game as long as you really want, it is quite likely you're not being fully challenged by other parts of your life. Same applies of course if you have the time and will to READ and THINK about such reports.

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2006-11-07 05:21:02)

Proud member of a dead community.
StevenBullen
+1|6764
Its not always about getting them wiped or banned. Its the reputation in a great place like BF2s.com that might may change some peoples minds. Also from some players point of view. Especially the younger ones... they might feel a little better when reporting a padder.

and YES I do get the point that BF2s.com cant do anything.. but as I said before its not always about the final result. I just hope that EA will wipe many players stats when the patch comes along. If they dont people will be screwing....
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6613|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

StevenBullen wrote:

. I just hope that EA will wipe many players stats when the patch comes along.
why?

and they wont be "just screwing" if they didnt.

it's their own fault for releasing the bug in the game.
StevenBullen
+1|6764

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?

Why not?

I am sure they wiped a huge amount of BF2 padders. did they not?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

StevenBullen wrote:

Its not always about getting them wiped or banned. Its the reputation in a great place like BF2s.com that might may change some peoples minds. Also from some players point of view. Especially the younger ones... they might feel a little better when reporting a padder.

and YES I do get the point that BF2s.com cant do anything.. but as I said before its not always about the final result. I just hope that EA will wipe many players stats when the patch comes along. If they dont people will be screwing....
Go to totalbf2142 if you want to report padders.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
spawnofthemist
Banned

StevenBullen wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?

Why not?

I am sure they wiped a huge amount of BF2 padders. did they not?
you tried to answer my question with a question..
and failed.

answer my original question.
StevenBullen
+1|6764

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?
To make it fair on people who earnt rank. So you think they shouldnt wipe all the supply padders when its fixed?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

StevenBullen wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?
To make it fair on people who earnt rank. So you think they shouldnt wipe all the supply padders when its fixed?
It's all fair, you can earn your point however you want, if your padding, so can everyone else, not like it's saying only specific people are padding. It's called working smart, not hard.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

Hm, I completly disagree. When 2142 came out I ran around on the titan, there was a guy deploying his ammo. I gave him resupply and flew away in the talon then. Later I´ve seen that I get resupply points all the time (must been around 50-60), because it was near the consoles. Eh, so you see it wasnt my intention to padd something. Its simply a coding failure and nothing that deserves a players stats wiped!

And ffs EA wont reset all those stats, neither with the next patch. If so, well, my loosy 2900 points are screwed. I would find another game or just continue to play, because points, ranks, badges, unlocks, pins etc. dont count anything. Otherwise how would you explain that a crappy private can own high ranked players?

I´ve earned all my points in BF2 the hard, eh regular, way, also those badges n stuff, but I absolutley dont care if there are players that enlarge their e-cock by padding, or with their ranks. I guess I own most of those nerds in real life anytime.

Ranks are nothing! Fun is everything!
StevenBullen
+1|6764

Sl4y3r wrote:

Hm, I completly disagree. When 2142 came out I ran around on the titan, there was a guy deploying his ammo. I gave him resupply and flew away in the talon then. Later I´ve seen that I get resupply points all the time (must been around 50-60), because it was near the consoles. Eh, so you see it wasnt my intention to padd something. Its simply a coding failure and nothing that deserves a players stats wiped!

And ffs EA wont reset all those stats, neither with the next patch. If so, well, my loosy 2900 points are screwed. I would find another game or just continue to play, because points, ranks, badges, unlocks, pins etc. dont count anything. Otherwise how would you explain that a crappy private can own high ranked players?

We will see... I would put good money that a fair amount of people will be wiped... in fact just wait and see.

Doing it once is fair enough... doing it every single round is something different.

EDIT:
Plus why the hell would anyone be out of ammo on your own titan? especially where the enemy cannot get you.

Last edited by StevenBullen (2006-11-07 06:04:12)

spawnofthemist
Banned

StevenBullen wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?
Statpadding is described as "the act of repeating a single action to gain points quickly"
so by.. say, running around with the shuko LMG and killing people with only that weapon for the whole round, surely, going by the above definition, that is statpadding?

if all you do is go around holding out a med hub to keep your squad alive, or an ammo hub to keep them resupplied while they do the shooting.. that's not statpadding, it's helping the team..

what point does teamplay become statpadding in that sense?

example.
i myself play a LOT of support kit in BF2142 and i resupply my team as i know it helps them and gains me points.. due to this i have a high amount of ammo points.. so if EA comes along and resets everyone with a large amount of ammo points, are they going to reset me too because i play for the team by resupplying?
i think not.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-11-07 06:04:16)

StevenBullen
+1|6764

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

why?
Statpadding is described as "the act of repeating a single action to gain points quickly"
so by.. say, running around with the shuko LMG and killing people with only that weapon for the whole round, surely, going by the above definition, that is statpadding?

if all you do is go around holding out a med hub to keep your squad alive, or an ammo hub to keep them resupplied while they do the shooting.. that's not statpadding, it's helping the team..

what point does teamplay become statpadding in that sense?

example.
i myself play a LOT of support kit in BF2142 and i resupply my team as i know it helps them and gains me points.. due to this i have a high amount of ammo points.. so if EA comes along and resets everyone with a large amount of ammo points, are they going to reset me too because i play for the team by resupplying?
i think not.
You can see who supply whore by just looking at peoples stats. You can work out by going into a very good server with good players and having a supply crate perm out that you will not get the same points as that padder.

Fair enough once or twice but I am on about the serious padders who are just wanting rank or unlocks and to gain the leaderboard.

You go around with your LMG and I will sit on the guns padding I will double if not triple your score... Thats my difference.
spawnofthemist
Banned

StevenBullen wrote:

You can see who supply whore by just looking at peoples stats.
this is why you fail.

you care about others stats.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Sl4y3r wrote:

I´ve earned all my points in BF2 the hard, eh regular, way, also those badges n stuff, but I absolutley dont care if there are players that enlarge their e-cock by padding, or with their ranks. I guess I own most of those nerds in real life anytime.

Well true you feel you earned something the hardway a lot better, but all I can say it's a good feeling indeed, hell my points in BF2 are hard earned, but do I bitch about padders? No. It's funny when people care so much about a game.
StevenBullen
+1|6764

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

You can see who supply whore by just looking at peoples stats.
this is why you fail.

you care about others stats.
I have not looked at anyones stats lol. My point is you could..........
You come on our server and place a crate on the guns you will be banned. Its warning when you enter server and is posted regular during round.
spawnofthemist
Banned
This sounds like a case for IndianShit

BFROE|IndianScout would possibly have wrote:

you can't enforce that rule. that's restricting gameplay.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

spawnofthemist wrote:

This sounds like a case for IndianShit

BFROE|IndianScout would possibly have wrote:

you can't enforce that rule. that's restricting gameplay.
The ROE contradicts itself, you can't do that it's restricting gameplay! but we also restrict you from being too 1337.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6628|Devil's Perch

StevenBullen wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

StevenBullen wrote:

why?
To make it fair on people who earnt rank.
Who "earnt" a rank? The guy who teamkilled others for a vehicle, to get the capture strategic point score or titan console/core destruction point and by that maybe a badge? The guy who never captures any silos just to make sure he's the first one to defend the titan and gets 2 points per kill instead of just 1 and even additional 20 points after 8 of them? The guy who never gets away from the titan guns (without supplying) just to make sure he doesn't die and so to earn 10 points (5 for the kills, 5 for combat efficiency pin) for 5 kills instead of just 5 he would have earned outside the titan?
Does the guy who exclusively plays Titan mode earn his rank more than one who does not or not exclusively play Titan mode, perhaps because he doesn't want to or perhaps because his rig can't handle it or perhaps because he's sick of the lag when two smart commanders tried to make their titans copulate?

Believe me, from the perspective of someone who tries to play as many aspects of this game as possible: Many players don't actually EARN their rank. Whenever I see my squad being ripped into pieces by a walker or tank and find my so called squadmembers repeatedly spawning as support or sniper instead of something that might actually do some damage to the enemy armor, I know that I'm dealing with people who didn't earn their rank.
Rank should mean experience and expertise. It should mean the person at least has a certain level of knowledge of how the game works and how to deal with a situation in the best possible way.

As said: Just because someone didn't pad for their points does by far not mean they actually earnt their rank.
It's not been like that in BF2, it'll never be like that in 2142 or any other game. There'll always be people who just have too much time on their hands to rack up enough points for a certain rank. 

StevenBullen wrote:

So you think they shouldnt wipe all the supply padders when its fixed?
Most of us just don't care, as it doesn't affect us.
Not least because we are fully aware that the most efficient publically known form of padding, supplying the titan guns, is totally and absolutely a very bad and embarassing coding mistake on DICE's side that should never have existed in first place.

[Dramatization]
If someone needs to be punished for something like that, they should fire one or two programmers at DICE plus the project leader who let this slip.
[/Dramatization]

I'll point to a comment I made on this topic a few days ago:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=931377#p931377

After all, do I think padders should be reset? I've seen people do it in 6 or 7 succeeding rounds which makes me believe they do it all the time. I'm talking about people who never participated in any other action and still finish the round with 100 or even more points. That annoys me, yet it doesn't really bother me. Do I think those people should be reset? At least I wouldn't mind them being reset.
In the end, it depends on how excessively they were doing it, at least in my picture. People who do it exclusively have nothing to lose.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6628|Devil's Perch

StevenBullen wrote:

You come on our server and place a crate on the guns you will be banned. Its warning when you enter server and is posted regular during round.
You know that supply boxes ANYWHERE on the titan are being consumed by the titan guns? No? Why not? You think you have any right to accuse others of statpadding and report them all over the internets and still are not aware of all yet known exploitable bugs in 2142?

Please, post your server name here, just so everyone can avoid it.
StevenBullen
+1|6764

AmbassadorofPain wrote:

You think you have any right to accuse others of statpadding and report them all over the internets and still are not aware of all yet known exploitable bugs in 2142?
Yes I do...
Who said anything just about padders.. this is a padders topic thats why I only said padders. We all know there is many more exploits but you use them as well you will get kicked. Spawning in the titan core once or twice by mistake is fair enough. But aiming to do it is something tottaly different.
spawnofthemist
Banned
what AoP is trying to say:

https://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/GTFO.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard