Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6668|Sydney, Australia
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4812

While the article isn't very comprehensive, it does show a huge 92% performance increase over the 1950xtx in half life 2!!!! Also, the power consumption isn't as bad everyone made it out to be. Only a 24% increase over the 1950xtx in idle and 4% increase under load.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York
Christ look at the test rig, Id like to see the bench on a practicle rig the average gamer would be useing.

Ill wait until its out and then everyone will get there articles out for a comprehensive comparo. Plus the mere fact there compareing Old card to a new card is not a good indication of HEY go buy our $700 card now, then come to find out, ATI releases a beast that spanks the hell out of it soon, that already has the Tech behind it to handle the new DX10 shader Arch. more efficiently.. Ill pass and wait for the first battle to be fought.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6585|Finland
I want one of theese 8800gtx throught the price is MASSIVE.
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
I will waight till quad core processers and second genetration DX10 cards come out befor i up grade from my 3700+ and my x1650
Des.Kmal
+917|6618|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
what is the price?
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

Des.Kmal wrote:

what is the price?
Upwards of $700 beans. 

I agree on the upgrade. Ill be waiting till both players have there second revisions out(or atleast see what ATI comes out with) then Get a Core 2 Duo Extreme and a card. Wont go quad because By the time i need it, the things will be so much different than what they just came out with, Ill have a dinosour already for a grand.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6470|New York
Ouch, that price tag just kicked me in the balls. I'm looking to upgrade...tremendously, and this card is insane...but around $700 is...out of the question?
Maj.Do
+85|6752|good old CA
Nice but ill wait to see what ATi releases before getting a new graphics card
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

Maj.Do wrote:

Good Move. Wait until you see what both have to offer. You cant judge this nvidia card against a X1950 card that is old Tech. Its just not a fair comparision. Until the ATI card comes out for a heads up test. Nvidias Numbers are stacked. Impressive? Hell yes, Impressive against what ATI Might have? Probably not. So Wait and see, bu that time, you either A) Get the Nvidia cheaper by then. Or B) Get the ATI if it whoops butt. In the end you win.
ssonrats
+221|6645
Impressive, too expensive though, i'm gonna get a x1950xtx then upgrade when they are cheaper in a year or so.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

Good Move. Wait until you see what both have to offer. You cant judge this nvidia card against a X1950 card that is old Tech. Its just not a fair comparision. Until the ATI card comes out for a heads up test. Nvidias Numbers are stacked. Impressive? Hell yes, Impressive against what ATI Might have? Probably not. So Wait and see, bu that time, you either A) Get the Nvidia cheaper by then. Or B) Get the ATI if it whoops butt. In the end you win.
Still such a fucking HUGE improvement.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6402

Maj.Do wrote:

Yeah good idea, now that AMD has aquired ATi, AMD's said to be "Quad-father" is whatever, their X2's are good enough..we'll see what AMD/ATi can conceive

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard