destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6619|Canada
Ok, so sum ppl dont want to believe in this, but just read bout these weather changes. shit, B.C. just got a months worth of rain in a few days. ppl who lived there for 50+ years have never seen this. flooding is insane, shit i dont even live there, but it is probably on its way to my province.

we, the human race, need to fucking wake up and stop being blind/selfish/greedy and do sumthing! why do people keep making excuses for what is happening?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
We just had one of the strangest months in years. The hottest October on record for... I don't know how long, including the hottest (31C, a fair bit abouve the average of ~21) AND coldest October days (13C) in... a while.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

Spark wrote:

We just had one of the strangest months in years. The hottest October on record for... I don't know how long, including the hottest (31C, a fair bit abouve the average of ~21) AND coldest October days (13C) in... a while.
Well in Sydney:

http://www.bom.gov.au/announcements/media_releases/nsw/20061013.shtml wrote:

Temperatures in Sydney City today climbed to 36.7°C, the 6th highest value for October and some 15 degrees above the average for this time of year. Even hotter conditions are possible on Saturday. Two October days in a row with temperatures this high have never been recorded in close to 150 years of record. It is rare for this to occur at any time of the year.
And that was on the coast, It reach 40+ in the west and its was only the 2nd month of Spring (October 13/14).

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-11-06 21:58:32)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Not another one of these.....................
ts-pulsar
+54|6495
Hell, I'm kind of enjoying it.  One of the coolest summers on record in my area, and a rather mild winter, got a lot of rain, but very little snow.  Been getting a lot more precipitation in the past few years than we did in the past 20 on average, nice having all the rivers and lakes full.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
Hint, Hint Bush, global warming doesnt have any thing to do with ice creams

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2006-11-06 23:07:52)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6638

Bubbalo wrote:

Not another one of these.....................
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
And now it's raining, which is a miracle in itself. The past few days have seen the first rains (at all - sprinkles included) in months!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6760

Spark wrote:

And now it's raining, which is a miracle in itself. The past few days have seen the first rains (at all - sprinkles included) in months!
report out today that the Murray catchment is the driest in 1000 ears. John Howard instantly dismissed it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Yeah, 1000 ears is a long time.........................

The water issues in Australia don't have a whole lot to do with global warming, they have more to do with the fact that the population is growing.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

See Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". For a movie that's nothing more than a powerpoint presentation it's bloody good. He's in New Zealand next week giving it. Strictly invite only. My Dad get's to go.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
It's a natural cycle goddamit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Despite the fact that it specifically doesn't fit the historical cycle, ay?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Bubbalo wrote:

Despite the fact that it specifically doesn't fit the historical cycle, ay?
Yes but no. I heard were out of the cycle by 600,000 years?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

We spend billions educating boffins, scientists and experts across the world, then when they tell us something we ignore it. Nice
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

JahManRed wrote:

We spend billions educating boffins, scientists and experts across the world, then when they tell us something we ignore it. Nice
Welcome to the world of greed. In reality countries only care for the good of their economy, I am impressed with New Zealands tactics on enviromental protection, if you own a factory, the more pollution it gives out, the higher your fines/ taxes will be.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yup, it is. But we've given the environment a big push in the wrong direction on that cycle.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Welcome to the world of greed. In reality countries only care for the good of their economy.
Hence Blairs new tactics, telling everyone we need to do something about global warming or it will damage the economy.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

Bertster7 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Yup, it is. But we've given the environment a big push in the wrong direction on that cycle.

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Welcome to the world of greed. In reality countries only care for the good of their economy.
Hence Blair's new tactics, telling everyone we need to do something about global warming or it will damage the economy.
Blair only smelt the coffee when a new report stated that, millions would be killed, 100s of millions displaced, half the world in famine and the only new bit of information in the report, the world will loose 20% of its wealth. Now he clambers for the solution when money is at stake. It just affirms my position, that governments don't really serve the interests of their people, they serve the almighty dollar/pound/yen etc.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-11-07 02:18:38)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

JahManRed wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Hence Blair's new tactics, telling everyone we need to do something about global warming or it will damage the economy.
Blair only smelt the coffee when a new report stated that, millions would be killed, 100s of millions displaced, half the world in famine and the only new bit of information in the report, the world will loose 20% of its wealth. Now he clambers for the solution when money is at stake. It just affirms my position, that governments don't really serve the interests of their people, they serve the almighty dollar/pound/yen etc.
Of course. But I think it's quite a good idea, showing the problem from an economic angle. It might help get investment in some forms of prevention.

Companies always leap into action when their profits are at stake, a few lives - who cares, but profits....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Actually, there's a polititian down here who has the perfect solution: if we all turn our air conditioners on at the same time, it should solve the problem.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, there's a polititian down here who has the perfect solution: if we all turn our air conditioners on at the same time, it should solve the problem.
Now I wanna bitch slap him. AC's produce heat on the outside am I right?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Ah............wouldn't the more serious issue be the whole "we run on electricity from coal power plants" thing?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Bubbalo wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Ah............wouldn't the more serious issue be the whole "we run on electricity from coal power plants" thing?
And that too lol I forgot aus's electricity is mainly from coal Taiwan got like 3 nuclear power plants.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Yes, and I'm sure the Chinese will enjoy exploring them

Sorry, couldn't help it.  We do have Lucas Heights, but that's for research (and is soon to be replaced).
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Bubbalo wrote:

Yes, and I'm sure the Chinese will enjoy exploring them

Sorry, couldn't help it.  We do have Lucas Heights, but that's for research (and is soon to be replaced).
Lol Yeah Lucas Heights is in sydney right? I would say aus should use nuclear energy, better for the enviroment, and Aus has a shitload of KM of deserts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard