CrazeD
+368|6663|Maine
So, I had the free, crappy version of Fraps. I wanted the registered version, so I..."acquired" a version. I uninstalled the free version, and installed the registered version. I double-clicked the shortcut, and it acts like it wants to load (I get the hour-glass an' all) and then it just stops and doesn't load.

WTF?! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it like 50 times, downloaded like 5 different setups....nothin. I even removed every trace of Fraps that I could find in the registry. But yet, it won't work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really want my Fraps.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6525|Valhalla
Go out and buy it
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK

loonitic wrote:

Go out and buy it
QFE
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6549|AK101 Factory

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

loonitic wrote:

Go out and buy it
QFE
QFE
CrazeD
+368|6663|Maine
Yeah, I'm going to spend 40$ on a program that doesn't work.

Right....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

Shouldn't be like that. I would try acquiring another version to ensure it was indeed full.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6549|AK101 Factory

CrazeD wrote:

Right....
Perhaps if you bought it it WOULD work, instead of some bootleg version
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6697|67.222.138.85

CrazeD wrote:

Right....
lmfao

If you buy it yourself I'm sure it would work. It isn't "your" FRAPS at all, and if you did get it and it still didn't work you could actually talk to beepa about getting it to work. Don't pirate software asshole.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK
I think what makes me chuckle the most is that for some reason he sees this as being the software's fault.

Pony up the dough you cheapskate.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Don't pirate software asshole.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
RaVeN.sco
+15|6525|Scotland
lmfao
Zaitik
+3|6567
fraps sucks.. dont bother
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6685|Vancouver BC Canada
LOL Fraps doesn't even fit on a floppy...

Had to use one today though, buddy fucked his new HDD with a linux/windows dual boot, had to zerot he drive...Who says its dead technology...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

I don't even have a floppy drive..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6685|Vancouver BC Canada
Really? They are still quite essential for doing any boot sector work...
I paid $5 for the drive and $10 for 10 disks. LMFAO

Last edited by the_outsider38 (2006-11-06 05:26:30)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

the_outsider38 wrote:

I'm sure I'll grab one the day I need it. I thought I would have needed one when I was running from MS memory diagnostic on this machine (It says you must boot from floppy). But I burned it to disc. Since my boot priority is optical drive first,I read from it first and there was no problem. The only time I will need it is if I run into a situation that requires me to write to the media prior to windows (For instance if someone was going to hook their Xbox 360 up to their machine and hack the firmware )
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CrazeD
+368|6663|Maine
Wow..... I'm trying to restrain myself from just going all out here.

First off, when the f*** did I blame the software? Learn to frigin read. I said Fraps doesn't work..how does that imply that there is a problem with the software? It's likely a problem with my system, which is why I want help.

Second, even the free version doesn't work - so there is no way I'm paying for it if it's not going to work for me.

Third, who said I pirated it? I said I acquired it. Maybe my friend bought it, and gave me his name? Ever think of that? Hmm...

Geez, ask a simple question and get flamed by a bunch of illiterate douchebags.
stickjackal
+0|6569|NZ

CrazeD wrote:

So, I had the free, crappy version of Fraps. I wanted the registered version, so I..."acquired" a version.
Think about how that sounds...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

CrazeD wrote:

Wow..... I'm trying to restrain myself from just going all out here.

First off, when the f*** did I blame the software? Learn to frigin read. I said Fraps doesn't work..how does that imply that there is a problem with the software? It's likely a problem with my system, which is why I want help.

Second, even the free version doesn't work - so there is no way I'm paying for it if it's not going to work for me.

Third, who said I pirated it? I said I acquired it. Maybe my friend bought it, and gave me his name? Ever think of that? Hmm...

Geez, ask a simple question and get flamed by a bunch of illiterate douchebags.
Somebody needs a hug.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England
i think you have to completely uninstall it, or "acquire" it from another place.
happened to me, i had to "acquire" it from somewhere else
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6693|New York

the_outsider38 wrote:

Welp thats why you can make bootable CD-R's for now. havent used a floppy for 2 years and still havent needed one for sector work of flashing of any kind. Just need a good boot disc. Granted you have to pay a small fee for them sometimes to make one, but well worth it when you can make endless copies.

BTW to the OP, what kind of vid card you have? If you download ATITray tools It has a FPS and a recorder built in and takes Alot less resources. If you have a Nvidia, they have a Nvidia Tray tools. Go here to the downloads section and goto Overclocking and tweaking utilities.

www.guru3d.com
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

Kmarion wrote:

I don't even have a floppy drive..lol
CrazeD
+368|6663|Maine

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

the_outsider38 wrote:

Welp thats why you can make bootable CD-R's for now. havent used a floppy for 2 years and still havent needed one for sector work of flashing of any kind. Just need a good boot disc. Granted you have to pay a small fee for them sometimes to make one, but well worth it when you can make endless copies.

BTW to the OP, what kind of vid card you have? If you download ATITray tools It has a FPS and a recorder built in and takes Alot less resources. If you have a Nvidia, they have a Nvidia Tray tools. Go here to the downloads section and goto Overclocking and tweaking utilities.

www.guru3d.com
Why would I download Fraps for FPS marking? I want it to record videos.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6456|Life in a vacuum sucks

loonitic wrote:

Go out and buy it
u cant duh!
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6762|Rotherham, England

CrazeD wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

the_outsider38 wrote:

www.guru3d.com
Why would I download Fraps for FPS marking? I want it to record videos.
Read the highlighted section before you accuse people of not reading you're opening post, Douchebag

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard