yes, only high rankers can be good.2%2% - 10
yes, becasue with time comes expirence.35%35% - 135
no, i judge by their skill in game.38%38% - 146
no, becuase alot of times people are on second accounts9%9% - 37
i dont judge.12%12% - 48
Total: 376
switchbladezz
+48|6627
I just felt like posting this because some guy started talking shit to me on xfire today. we got into an argument that was sort of about this topic, and it gave me the motivation to write this thread. anyways here is the story if you want to read it:

so i was practicing helis with a guy that i thought had alot of potential (_.:duel_kill:._ http://bf2s.com/player/78268473/ ) then i get an xfire message from =tsc= mt.androo askign me why we were scrimming in a ranked server. so i told him that we were just practicing in a low ping empty server. some how the convorsation turned to him telling me that i was a shitty player becasue i only had 8k points. he was refering to one of my 20 accs |switc2k6| - http://bf2s.com/player/73972928/ . so i tell him that that was my crap acc and that if he wanted to see some alright stats he should look at my newest whore acc I3izrek - http://bf2s.com/player/82580733/. as you can see that acc has alright tank kdr and spm and a really good heli kdr considering that half the heli deaths are from getting tked.

This is were the convorsation turns to him judging by rank. he tells me that i suck at bf2 because im a corpral on that account. I rofled to myself at this point. then i told him that i had been reset as an lt. col. (on my switchbladezz acc, ask patton or stryyker to verify this) and apparantly he didnt belive me at all. so he starts telling me that i suck becasue of those two ranks. so i ask him to 1v1 me in helis or anything else. HE TELLS ME:

"No one over a 2nd lt. can be good at BF2"

I shit you not. i start laughing my ass off and then tell him that ill log 1v1 him on any of my 15 accs that are below a 2nd lt. and own him at anything 1v1. and he tells me that he will easily beat me unless im on an acc over a 2nd lt.. ROFL what a tool this guy is. so i ask him if he knows who khemist is (Khemist is widely thought of as the best gunner in competeive play, he was in eviscerate but now he is in ill). this guy bing the tool that he is doesnt know who he is ( i was asking him becasue khemist has alot of second accs like me, yet hes one of the best bf2 players out there). so that just further proves how much a noob him and his rank are.

then just to see if he has any skill i ask him if he has been in any competetive leagues. he tells me

"my clan is in CAL-i"         (rofl wtf is this guy on) 

so i ask him what cal-i is becasue there is only two cals which are cal-o (open) cal-m (main). he tells me that it was cal-o but his clan calls it cal-i (lol nub clan i guess). so i ask him what place he came in and he tells me second, i quickly check www.caleague.com and see that he is lying. I rest my case that he is a noob.

and for those of you that are interested here are my other accs

crap accx2 - roflcopter_snipe http://bf2s.com/player/70627529/
spm acc- |switchbladezzv2.0| http://bf2s.com/player/72577857/
and then the two ones up there^^^
then my old clan acc -=21stTou=-switch2k6 http://bf2s.com/player/78270095/

if you add up all my points plus the 135k that i lost in my reset i think that i almost double this guys global score

here is his acc
mt_androo http://www.bf2s.com/player/63424490/

Last edited by switchbladezz (2006-11-05 15:28:38)

Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

When I see a Colonel or Major int he game, I try to add them to my squad. But that's after I see how good they play.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6668|BC, Canada
i only judge people if they use the word noob....
even myself for using it just now.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6760|Chicago.
I judge based on weither or not the person has the ability to kill me.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6489|Purdue
I bet I could pwn him.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland

BigmacK wrote:

I judge based on weither or not the person has the ability to kill me.
switchbladezz
+48|6627
HAHA found his stats, and i almost do double his global and i own him at all kdrs and spm.

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
Why would your or anyone else have their stats reset? And why the fuck do you need 15 accounts?
switchbladezz
+48|6627

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Why would your or anyone else have their stats reset? And why the fuck do you need 15 accounts?
ohh i just like the names, and a wise man (nastie_butler) once said "if you start a new acc everything you do will be leet because you have a low rank"

i got my stats reset for playing k&p

Last edited by switchbladezz (2006-11-05 15:32:25)

turkeybacon
+50|6454|Dragon Valley
use 1 account you pussy
switchbladezz
+48|6627

turkeybacon wrote:

use 1 account you pussy
why would i want to do that?
I am untouched by the corruption of ranks.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6599|Reisterstown, MD

Rank doesn't mean anything.  I judge someone by their game play, not by their virtual rank.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica
wheres the, "it depends if they are idiots" option?
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6492|woodbridge, VA

switchbladezz wrote:

HAHA found his stats, and i almost do double his global and i own him at all kdrs and spm.

And almost 500 point BRS for USMC and MEC. That's not suspicious in the least bit.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6566
usually only when it comes to vehicles like jets and helos....i wont get in an attack chooper with wich a private or some other low rank is in and i will shoot or do something by some other means to a complete noob whos trying to get a jet just to be cool only to die within 30 seconds

yesterday...4 privates/private first classes waiting for jet or sitting on the carrier shooting by eachother with pistols...2 waiting for the jet...i shot one and the other got the jet....beginning of round....the private dies even before the next jet appeared
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6680
If there high rank and are sucking it up.  Everyone has a bad day.

If they are high rank and are being fucking morons, I will judge them as... well.. a fucking moron.
switchbladezz
+48|6627

Stealth42o wrote:

If there high rank and are sucking it up.  Everyone has a bad day.

If they are high rank and are being fucking morons, I will judge them as... well.. a fucking moron.
i disagree, i have seen a few high ranks that are just people that play all day but really arent very good. but every one has their opinion.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

I'll tend to trust a 3 star general to fly my chopper over a Sergeant. Unless I know the sergeant personally and know he's good, or know he's in a very high-profile CAL-M team, or one of those fancy Euro teams like Magnificent or Dignitas.
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6517|Indiana
That guy posts here.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6491
I treat everyone the same

like the pieces of shit they are (in the game)
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6693|United States of America
Usually I try to get the high rankers in. At least the chances are better that they can shoot worth a damn. They usually don't go around as your gunner in a heli shooting when nothing is visible or TV-ing ground forces. The high ranked players are better at often more reliable than lower ranked, but that's just how it's been towards me in the past. The LTCs and stuff don't, for example, get in a buggy alone and leave 4-5 teammates to walk 600 m under fire like some Lance Corporals do.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone
My initial reaction to a low rank will be one of concern. A higher ranking player, all though may not be the best, has at least proved they have played for long enough to know the basics to the game and are usually skilled enough to help. I'm a Lieutenant Colonel and I know I'm not the best in a plane and never will be, but I can fly without crashing, shoot choppers and planes down and hit my targets when bombing a lot of the time. My point is that a high ranked player will most probably know how to use most vehicles well and help more in infantry battles, knowing the maps enemy and what every kits equipment does.

Low ranking people are not necessarily bad at anything, but they don't have the rank to show they have played the game. If I get into a chopper/bomber with a low ranking person, I'm apprehensive and will keep the eject button close to hand, but if they show skill with the particular vehicle then there rank means nothing and I'll judge them on there proformance in game.

I've read in these forums about high ranking assholes TKing for vehicles and just other wise being arrogant assholes, but in servers I play in these things just never happen. Its seems 90% of the time the officers are the most civilised and helpful and its the skilled people with there new account (low rank) that are the assholes who TK in the attempt to pad their scores (the reason for starting the new account). Then there's the low ranking noobs who don't know how to play and wont revive/heal/resupply you, can't use any vehicle and are just a detriment to your team.

So my initial reaction is officers or higher ranking players are better, but I'll give everyone a chance and judge them by there actions in game.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-11-05 17:48:50)

MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6605

switchbladezz wrote:

I rofled to myself at this point.
That's where I stopped reading.
Longbow
+163|6655|Odessa, Ukraine
Half of high ranked players can atleast do something well on battlefield , while good\skilled lowrankers are very rare . Yes , I judge by rank b.c. it is a sign of expereinced player .

edit : very simple example : can you expect a player below 1st Sgt. picking up random medic kit near your body to revive you ? - No. I never saw such , unless it's guy's 2nd account .

List may go on .

Last edited by Longbow (2006-11-05 18:15:23)

pwned7
+53|6587
i judge ppl by what guns they use. if they constantly use guns like PKM's, g36e's, nades, i categorise them as noobs. When i see people using the sniper rifles and having good shots on targets, headshots, and quick reflexes to targets, they are good players.

i see full generals that absolutely suck on the battlefied when in infantry mode, and i also see low ranked players trying their best, which are even better then these generals.

higher ranks do not mean they are better than lower ranks. it means that have a higher chance of being better than lower ranked players.

owww and yes. i also rate clanners very low cause they have the gheyest tactics (eg: mass nades, PKM snipers, revive spamming... and soooooo on)

Last edited by pwned7 (2006-11-05 18:25:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard