Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland

Gillenator wrote:

I, for one, think it is bullshit not to remember the German fallen of WO II.
Not all German were Nazi's back then you know. Most were just ordinary people like you and me.
Just because they started WO II, doesn't mean they should be forgotten.
I respect the german soldiers of WWII as much as our own soldiers. They were helping Finland to defend against invading Russia. With out Germany, Finland might not have made it out independent.
Though they were ordered to burn down northen Finland when the alliance was broken and they were leaving the country.

OT: Must have been pretty weird for the finnish jews fighting alongside the german troops and the other way around.
They even had fieldsynagogas in the war.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6728|Charlie One Alpha

Gawwad wrote:

Gillenator wrote:

I, for one, think it is bullshit not to remember the German fallen of WO II.
Not all German were Nazi's back then you know. Most were just ordinary people like you and me.
Just because they started WO II, doesn't mean they should be forgotten.
I respect the german soldiers of WWII as much as our own soldiers. They were helping Finland to defend against invading Russia. With out Germany, Finland might not have made it out independent.
Though they were ordered to burn down northen Finland when the alliance was broken and they were leaving the country.

OT: Must have been pretty weird for the finnish jews fighting alongside the german troops and the other way around.
They even had fieldsynagogas in the war.
WW2 was all kinds of fucked up like that.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

B.Schuss wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Reading over this thread,and from messaging, you may get the impression that I do not respect Americans, that's not true at all.  I respect your fallen, as you probably respect our fallen. Anyone that dies defending freedom (with the exception of the Germans) deserves to be remembered as a hero.
WTF ???!!

Care to elaborate ?
Germans are poopyheads.  Clearly.

I think he meant to say anyone who dies defending their nations, and forgot about all those other countries whose soldiers defend them but who are...........morally questionable.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Reading over this thread,and from messaging, you may get the impression that I do not respect Americans, that's not true at all.  I respect your fallen, as you probably respect our fallen. Anyone that dies defending freedom (with the exception of the Germans) deserves to be remembered as a hero.
WTF ???!!

Care to elaborate ?
Germans are poopyheads.  Clearly.

I think he meant to say anyone who dies defending their nations, and forgot about all those other countries whose soldiers defend them but who are...........morally questionable.
There you go again, defending the undefendable.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580
How was I defending the undefendable?  I was arguing that he confused his statement, rather than the statement is reasonable.  Even then, I didn't say I agreed with the revised statement.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Regardless of ATG's Iraq additions...

I've been to the Makati and Manila locations.  Interesting feeling you get when you are actually there.  My father first-hand witnessed the brutality that was the Japanese soldier.   Beheading of civilians to curtail collaboration with the resistance.   Even though I never lived through it, to this day, I still thank the good ole USofA for "I shall return".
ATG
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

I've been to the Makati and Manila locations.  Interesting feeling you get when you are actually there.  My father first-hand witnessed the brutality that was the Japanese soldier.   Beheading of civilians to curtail collaboration with the resistance.   Even though I never lived through it, to this day, I still thank the good ole USofA for "I shall return".
Are you dishonoring our fallen in Iraq?

'Cause if so, you are the lowest of scum.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580
I think he was saying "regardless of whether this was politically motivated, I've visited some WWII sites and.............."
ATG
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

I think he was saying "regardless of whether this was politically motivated, I've visited some WWII sites and.............."
I think I'm saying...stop stalking me you freak.   
The_Mac
+96|6244
"It is foolish to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived."
-Patton

As for the person who said America is arrogant: The problem with that mentality is that people who are jealous or arrogant feel the need to tear more successful countries down. It never occurs to them that they should try and help build their country up to their competition's standards.
ATG
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

You know what?
Maybe you need to learn to read:

The Earth is soaked red with all the blood Americans have shed for the world.
This weekend we honor our war dead.
Lest we forget.

This was posted on Memorial Day weekend.

What part of that requires your snide ass comments about Iraq?

American ( and other ) nations are losing people there every day.

Are you and Lizzard that simple?

Jesus.

Last edited by ATG (2007-06-06 22:06:15)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

ATG wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I think I'm saying...stop stalking me you freak.   
But you look so hot in the shower...................
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6580

ATG wrote:

You know what?

Lest we forget.

Jesus.
Because Iraq wasn't about helping the world.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

Ahem... Chill Pill...

Ilocano wrote:

to this day, I still thank the good ole USofA for "I shall return".

ATG wrote:

Last edited by ATG (2006-11-09 19:15:58)
Thank you:

Bubbalo wrote:

I have complete respect for all military folk.  I am thankful for all the sacrifices they have made throughout all the conflicts in history, even those now serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Props to GS.  Pasadena FTW!!!.

I have an uncle who served as a Scout under Douglas MacArthur.  I have a few uncles and in-laws who have served in the US Navy.  My brother-in-law was in the US Navy.   Many acquaintances in the military.  Two cousins who were "medic-whores" in Europe.  One brought me a piece of the Berlin Wall.  I probably have more military relations than you do.  I actually honor Memorial Day for what it means, not just some BBQ time.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-06-07 10:37:44)

ATG
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

You know what?

Lest we forget.

Jesus.
Because Iraq wasn't about helping the world.
The thought that it was was why the American people supported it. Those that did support it did not do so out of some imperialist desire.
The idea was if the people were free they would stop blowing shit up.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6686

ATG wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Are you dishonoring our fallen in Iraq?

'Cause if so, you are the lowest of scum.
Where's my retraction?
ATG
Banned
There is no retraction required as it was posted with escape clause.       

But if I misunderstood you,    sorry 'bout that.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6546|London (At Heart)

Nicholas Langdon wrote:

ATG wrote:

He's refering to Americans dying in far off places, all those countries you list owe their existance to those men under the grass in the photos.
dying is dying, wherever it is.
and no the world does not owe its exestance to the united states
I agree with this completely.

I can't believe that you are essentially saying ATG, that noone elses deaths matter?

Wow, you won't believe how much you have just pissed me off.

God bless ALL of those that died, it wasn't them who wanted the war, it was the leaders of their country, remember that.

-----------------

I know that posts a year old, but I didnt want to read 17 pages before posting.

Now I will get back to reading

Last edited by Shem (2007-06-07 12:41:48)

ATG
Banned
You need this Shem.

I never said that.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

He's refering to Americans dying in far off places, all those countries you list owe their existance to those men under the grass in the photos.
America has not fought absoloutely everything in this world.

America does not offer up these most important sacrifices for nothing.
Of the 10 Million dead, on the eatern front of World War 2, not even 1 percent of these were American, 10,000,000 russians did not die so that people such as you say that america did it all.

Every country has not.
Props to Canada, but your wrong.
Allied Powers     Population Millions     Military Deaths     Civilian Deaths     Total Deaths     Military Wounded
Canada[3]     7.2                              64,944                                            64,944               149,732

I should just ignore the 65,000 men who died from canada then?

Okay, i suppose canada would have stop Japan from Raping and butchering all of asia?
I suppose it was Canadian trucks/tanks and planes that saved Russias ass ( ever here of lend/lease ?) ?
It was Canada that kept the 3rd reich from steamrolling over the world?

I have a special dose of love for Canada and all things Canada, don't get me wrong.
Do not feel proud that your own country butchered many japanese civilians.

Oh and those folk in Dresden didn't have any defences, and you and I bombed this shit out of it still, you cant say you a truly great protector of everything, every country has had its share of atrocities

I believe it was the weather that saved russias arse in ww2, and their undying loyalty.

Am I missing something? front he first few of your posts, I do not see a single word honouring the dead of other countries, we are humans one and alike, start acting like it.

My great grandfather may have been killed in the Malayan war, a war that few have heard of, but does that make his death any less significant?

Last edited by Shem (2007-06-07 13:19:08)

ATG
Banned

Shem wrote:

America has not fought absoloutely everything in this world.

Of the 10 Million dead, on the eatern front of World War 2, not even 1 percent of these were American, 10,000,000 russians did not die so that people such as you say that america did it all.

Every country has not.
Props to Canada, but your wrong.
Allied Powers     Population Millions     Military Deaths     Civilian Deaths     Total Deaths     Military Wounded
Canada[3]     7.2                              64,944                                            64,944               149,732

I should just ignore the 65,000 men who died from canada then?

Okay, i suppose canada would have stop Japan from Raping and butchering all of asia?
I suppose it was Canadian trucks/tanks and planes that saved Russias ass ( ever here of lend/lease ?) ?
It was Canada that kept the 3rd reich from steamrolling over the world?

I have a special dose of love for Canada and all things Canada, don't get me wrong.
Do not feel proud that your own country butchered many japanese civilians.

Oh and those folk in Dresden didn't have any defences, and you and I bombed this shit out of it still, you cant say you a truly great protector of everything, every country has had its share of atrocities

I believe it was the weather that saved russias arse in ww2, and their undying loyalty.

Am I missing something? front he first few of your posts, I do not see a single word honouring the dead of other countries, we are humans one and alike, start acting like it.

My great grandfather may have been killed in the Malayan war, a war that few have heard of, but does that make his death any less significant?
That first quote you made was a little in your face, I regret the statement.

The " not even 1 percent " of the people killed on the Easten front who were Americans died to help stop the slaughter of the Russians. We gave them metrics tons of planes/jeeps/bombs/bullets and spam.

I mentioned Canada because the person I was addressing was from Canada.

As to whether Canada would have done what we did is not applicable because they couldn't do what we did in terms of numbers or donations. United States ww2 casualties were over 400000. What lands did we take, what people did we enslave?
We occupied half of Germany to keep it free and gave it back when the war was over. We occupied Japan until a few years after the war and let them live their own lives.

The Japenese civilians you mentioned were part of the war effort, and Japan would not surrender. War is hell.

Atrocities required to stop the Nazi extermination of people were ultimately for the good of the world, are you suggesting we should have let the Germans alone?

I actually read the entire 1800 page encyclopedia of ww2 by Time Life books, you are over playing their luck with the weather and hardy loyalty and underplaying a thousand other factors.

I did not make this thread to honor the dead of other countries; that is the job of people from other countries. I maintain that America has sacrificed more blood in the pursuit of nobel and sometimes selfless causes than any other nation in history.

May your Grandfather sleep the sleep over heros in Valhalla, with the rest of the warriors, I'm sure he was an honorable man and died for duty and country.
golgoj4
+51|6793|North Hollywood

Bubbalo wrote:

ATG wrote:

Yes, how kind of you to defend freedom as and when it suits you.  Need I remind you that it wasn't until after Pearl Harbour that you joined WWII?  And that in Vietnam you supported a corrupt government?  Or that you supported an Iranian dictatorship (in fact, that you've supported many dictatorships)?

If there are any American soldiers who think that I owe them, fuck them.  Australian soldiers don't declare that their people owe them.  They merely expect the same rights as anyone else.

So, ATG, how about you go think about the fact that more Australians died per capita in WWI than any other nation, or the fact that even as the Japanese advanced on Australia our troops held Tobruk for our European allies.  Then how about you stop telling me what I do or don't owe anyone.
You know, im happy the aussie squids I met weren't asshats like you. They had a very different view of the wwII, but whatever. People believe what they want.

And on the part of those Americans you do owe, you welcome. Nobody here said Australia didn't contribute, or even that those contribution were small. But you make it sound like they won the fucking war. Just in case you didn't notice, it was an ALLIED effort. K thx.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
I did not make this thread to honor the dead of other countries; that is the job of people from other countries. I maintain that America has sacrificed more blood in the pursuit of nobel and sometimes selfless causes than any other nation in history.
Well cmon, that's abit shameful but if you think that then ok. All in favour of having this thread as the official respect thread? It wouldn't make sense to have loads of separate threads for seperate countries.

Why can't we all just get along, my country this my country that. Fucking...in WW2, the amount of people from the amount of nations, who gave their lives to stop true tyranny (Germany AND Japan AND fascist Italy, they were ALL tyrannic regimes with no mercy) and a genuine threat to the world, was huge. Some countries did more than others yes, but let's not start a debate on who won WW2 and all that.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-06-07 15:50:22)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6657|Montreal, Qc, Canada
God Bless Them !!!
Shem
sɥǝɯ

ATG wrote:

That first quote you made was a little in your face, I regret the statement.

The " not even 1 percent " of the people killed on the Easten front who were Americans died to help stop the slaughter of the Russians. We gave them metrics tons of planes/jeeps/bombs/bullets and spam.

I mentioned Canada because the person I was addressing was from Canada.

As to whether Canada would have done what we did is not applicable because they couldn't do what we did in terms of numbers or donations. United States ww2 casualties were over 400000. What lands did we take, what people did we enslave?
We occupied half of Germany to keep it free and gave it back when the war was over. We occupied Japan until a few years after the war and let them live their own lives.

The Japenese civilians you mentioned were part of the war effort, and Japan would not surrender. War is hell.

Atrocities required to stop the Nazi extermination of people were ultimately for the good of the world, are you suggesting we should have let the Germans alone?

I actually read the entire 1800 page encyclopedia of ww2 by Time Life books, you are over playing their luck with the weather and hardy loyalty and underplaying a thousand other factors.

May your Grandfather sleep the sleep over heros in Valhalla, with the rest of the warriors, I'm sure he was an honorable man and died for duty and country.
We won't totally agree, as all humans do, so, I'll leave it at that

Let the rememberance resume.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard