214242%42% - 84
Total: 200
HSG
+23|6472|British Columbia, Canada
Which one.
SAS-Lt.Phoenix
Banned
+8|6401|Brooklyn, New York
I would wait awhile. Most people like BF2 better, just because they haven't got used to 2142 yet.
HSG
+23|6472|British Columbia, Canada
not true, some ppl just dropped bf2 went straight to 2142.
shadowkila
+26|6408|Canada
I really dislike 2142.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

HSG wrote:

Which one.

BF2: Better Action, Faster Gameplay, better vehicle balance IMO, infantry play is better, not much teamplay

BF2142: Slow pased action, slower gameplay due to the small amount you can run, and not everyone has the sprint enhancement unlock, that bugs me, Titan mode is cool, but too much lag, air vehicles are crap, infantry play is worse, buddy system is fun, less of claymore spammin due to first unlocking everything, but that also gives a rookie allmost no chance against a fully armed higher ranked person, Battlewalker are too strong, a shot at improving teamplay and I found out that once you have invited everyone and got a full squad and you give the orders all the time that teamplay will go up.

Anyway I will play BF2 when I want some faster action (IO) and BF2142 for teamplay
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6523|dunno
2142 is good but i miss my f-35.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6501|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

RDMC(2) wrote:

HSG wrote:

Which one.

BF2: Better Action, Faster Gameplay, better vehicle balance IMO, infantry play is better, not much teamplay
Anyway I will play BF2 when I want some faster action (IO) and BF2142 for teamplay
Yep, Agreed.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

RDMC(2) wrote:

HSG wrote:

Which one.

BF2142: Slow pased action, slower gameplay due to the small amount you can run, and not everyone has the sprint enhancement unlock, that bugs me, Titan mode is cool, but too much lag, air vehicles are crap, infantry play is worse, buddy system is fun, less of claymore spammin due to first unlocking everything, but that also gives a rookie allmost no chance against a fully armed higher ranked person, Battlewalker are too strong, a shot at improving teamplay and I found out that once you have invited everyone and got a full squad and you give the orders all the time that teamplay will go up.

im sorry but YOU FAIL!
vehicles are more balanced in BF2142, walkers are very easy to take down, titan mode is only laggy when the titan is moving which will be fixed in the next patch. 2142 relys heavily on teamwork, everyon has a chance against eachother, the base weapons are excellent. most of the servers i go to have full working squads. but yes the air vehicles suck ass.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
I'm not  a huge fan of BF2142..

Mostly because I believe the BF Series was all about Vehicles, and now that they have nerfed the Tank, And the Heli, and didn't even include a Jet I am Very Dissappointed..

Sure the walkers are nice.. but they didn't live up to my expectations, and frankly, they are buggy as hell.
RDMC
+736|6563|Area 51

seymorebutts443 wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

HSG wrote:

Which one.

im sorry but YOU FAIL!
vehicles are more balanced in BF2142, walkers are very easy to take down, titan mode is only laggy when the titan is moving which will be fixed in the next patch. 2142 relys heavily on teamwork, everyon has a chance against eachother, the base weapons are excellent. most of the servers i go to have full working squads. but yes the air vehicles suck ass.
K, no need for me to actually reply but anyway you fail, you have allready said it but I will quote for you:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

but yes the air vehicles suck ass.
So no the vehicles aren't balanced, so YOU FAIL!

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-11-04 13:28:31)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6661|under there hayousaidunderwear
To all you saying air vehicles suck....your just not using them correctly.  They own.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Can you guys who are writing in red font switch to something a lil more readable
RDMC
+736|6563|Area 51
You mean this kind of red?
Or this kind of red?
Personally I can't read the darker one
mmm..thats one too many colours

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-11-04 13:38:18)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

most people will vote bf2 since this is a forum for bf2 and most people here dont have 2142.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Same. null vote.
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6626|Muenster, Germany
bought & tried BF 2142
tried again
tried again

maybe, i don't like it, because BF 2 has much more LIVE in it
& again i can only say, that BF 2142 is a not so good mod for BF 2
even if it contains some improvements !

Last edited by TodErnst (2006-11-04 14:08:00)

GR34
+215|6543|ALBERTA> CANADA

HSG wrote:

not true, some ppl just dropped bf2 went straight to 2142.
I did bf2 sux 2142 owns
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada

majorassult wrote:

To all you saying air vehicles suck....your just not using them correctly.  They own.
Untill someone makes a video of a Heli Killing a Tank with a TV missle, then please stfu...

Everyone i know cant TV for shit.. and neither can I

Have I Hit stuff with the TV missles?  Sure, but only when its right infront of my not moving.

And even then, the 1 hit didn't kill them.

Sure, I can Fly and take out tanks and walkers with my Dumbfire Missles, thats not hard at all..

Heli fights are easy as hell... just fire in the direction of the other heli, and unless he doesn't use active defense or watever, hes fucked.

They mine as well just get rid of the "F2" position in the helis, cause when i'm flying, Forget about him Taking out tanks and walkers.. only good for taking out Troops, untill you get a missle up your ass cause the helis cant Circle a base for shit.

Make a Video, Otherwise, Stfu.
RDMC
+736|6563|Area 51

LT.Victim wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Untill someone makes a video of a Heli Killing a Tank with a TV missle, then please stfu...

Everyone i know cant TV for shit.. and neither can I

Have I Hit stuff with the TV missles?  Sure, but only when its right infront of my not moving.

And even then, the 1 hit didn't kill them.

Sure, I can Fly and take out tanks and walkers with my Dumbfire Missles, thats not hard at all..

Heli fights are easy as hell... just fire in the direction of the other heli, and unless he doesn't use active defense or watever, hes fucked.

They mine as well just get rid of the "F2" position in the helis, cause when i'm flying, Forget about him Taking out tanks and walkers.. only good for taking out Troops, untill you get a missle up your ass cause the helis cant Circle a base for shit.

Make a Video, Otherwise, Stfu.
Did you also notice whilst while flying that those things can't take the slightest of things, I mean I was hovering I slighty hit the pole, I get this massive explosion like when I am going at mach 328958935 I hear this sound as in a WWII aircraft going down. And I'm like WTF I only hit it at 10 MPH?
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6774
BF2 was amazing....I like 2142 but will never spend the same outrageous amount of time I did on BF2
Maj.Do
+85|6750|good old CA

RDMC(2) wrote:

You mean this kind of red?
Or this kind of red?
Personally I can't read the darker one
mmm..thats one too many colours
lol

Also i think bf2 is better, the gameplay is faster
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
2142 ?
Never played it and i will not play it...
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6643|Ohio

TodErnst wrote:

bought & tried BF 2142
tried again
tried again

It really is starting to annoy me that people call it a mod because its on the same engine. Ill give an example, a couple years back, Disney came out with a skating game. So to start, they used the engine of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4. Now these two games would never be called a mod of eachother, just as BF2142 is not a mod of BF2.
RDMC
+736|6563|Area 51

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

TodErnst wrote:

bought & tried BF 2142
tried again
tried again

It really is starting to annoy me that people call it a mod because its on the same engine. Ill give an example, a couple years back, Disney came out with a skating game. So to start, they used the engine of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4. Now these two games would never be called a mod of eachother, just as BF2142 is not a mod of BF2.
I think he doesn't mean that, but maybe you haven't noticed but BF2142 movement controls just feel exactly the same as BF2 but now you are launched 140 years or sumtin into the future, you got some new skins and maps and thats it. It feels like a BF2 mod, they didn't start over, they just took all the movements from BF2 and incorperated it in BF2142, anyway thats how it feels to me.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-11-04 14:40:10)

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6655|Devil's Perch

2tuff wrote:

BF2 was amazing....I like 2142 but will never spend the same outrageous amount of time I did on BF2
Completely agreed. There's not much point anyways, as most awards are reachable in a reasonable amount of time. In fact, I might have all those I seriously want to have around christmas, just in time to move on to ET:QW. *lol*

As far as "which is better" is concerned: I know 2 people that dropped 2142 after just a few weeks now. One is eager to sell it, the other has just given it to someone else.

It seems a lot like 2142 will never climb the same heights BF2 reached and will never have the same cult status.

I personally haven't played BF2 for a few weeks already, since 2142 is out basically, and I doubt I'll return anytime soon if at all. That meanwhile is less an indication of 2142's quality but rather a sign of how fed up I am with BF2 after about 1300 hours. I just don't feel like going on anymore.

I don't like to admit it, but... BF2 was a lot more appealing and addictive, to me at least.
Technically, I'd say 2142 owns BF2 any time. As far as action, atmosphere and fun factor are concerned, BF2 is clearly ahead.

Last edited by AmbassadorofPain (2006-11-04 14:58:16)

Proud member of a dead community.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard