RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

jkohlc wrote:

alamein might be good but wake...

maybe we can make wake island frozen?
And then get a iceskate unlock and iceskate from the frozen carrier to the beach at the airfield,
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6657|San Francisco, CA
what about coral sea? but i think alamein, gazala or battleaxe would be pretttttttttty sweet. battle of the bulge would seem to fit best with the setting though
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6549|UK

mikeyb118 wrote:

fierce wrote:

Karkand
That would just spoil 2142, people would only play on karkland servers, then what is the point of having 2142 as a new game?
Nah nah, there would be fa buildings left, and the place would be littered with the skeletons of mec and usmc stats padders *AHEM recruits*.  I want wake to!  Be so awsome ice skating to the airfield and cap it hehe, and just like in 2007 u could see the old ww2 planes, maybe we could see the frozen wreckage of F-35s?  Would say J-10 to, but no J-10 has ever EVER went down on wake island.
tool03
+5|6526|Japan Owki
Wake and coral sea for the win.

The more I think about a coral sea titan mode the more my mouth waters. In a 2142 setting both maps would have more land, would probably be sub-tropical, and the attacking team on wake could probably go from the little island to the shore simply by walking.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6541|Winterpeg, Canada
El Alamein IS the most played map in bf1942 at the moment, no one plays wake anymore.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

the_outsider38 wrote:

I want Wake Island 2142.
I was having a conversation about that in TeamSpeak with a few friends. I would love that idea.
Executiator
+69|6421

MagiCandy wrote:

I would play that map...if there was actual aircraft
Wait for the expansions my friend, wait for the expansions
w00stafa
Krylov Whore
+35|6558|AK101 Factory
El Alamein would be an awesome choice.

Off topic: I'd love to see a titan-esque map based around the atmosphere generator from "aliens" in 2142.... the whole game just has that feel about it.  Proof? Look at the apc/gunships. [/crazy hairbrained idea]
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6480|Kentucky
ya that or Berlin
wolfi
+0|6543|Germany
El Alamein is a brilliant idea. It would fit in there just perfect.
/me wants El Alamein (didnt like it that much because of the jets but 2142 has no jets so YAY )
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

$eXXXyCabbage wrote:

ya that or Berlin
Fall of Berlin, ring a bell? Even though layout is different, there can't be 2 berlin maps... I would want El Alamein
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

Hurricane wrote:

Just like how BF2 got Wake, 2142 should get a remake of El Alamein. Part of 2142's battles are in Africa, and I think the current ground vehicle batle system would make for some interesting results.
Good idea +1

I like the Battleaxe idea, too.  Loved that map.  How about all the 1942 set in 2142 climate?  Since BF2 got a map from 1942. Then 2142 should get a map from BF2.  Frozen Dragon Valley anyone?  How about Sharqi or Clean Sweep?  With ice, vehicles could drive to what used to be the MEC flags without getting blown out of the water by jets!

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-11-06 10:42:21)

straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6534|Edmonton Alberta
i still think surge would be pretty cool with titans
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6594|Iceland

SGT.Slayero wrote:

wake island 2142 and strike @ karkand 2142

that would b awesome!
just got play BF2 i dont want this game ruined with stat whoring maps.
CackNBallz
+45|6742|Toronto, Canada

straz_mataz wrote:

i still think surge would be pretty cool with titans
Surge would indeed be cool, especially if that centre missile was the key to victory and knocks down the shield in one shot.  Or destroys the Titan's hull in one shot if the shield is down.  The catch would be that you need to hold the silo for 5 minutes consecutively or else the timer would be aborted (reset.)
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
Please... if DICE can do anything right for once, add Jets and Wake Island to BF2142.
encoded_evil
+1|6658|Gent
I hope they make new maps quick cos I only really like playing

1. Cerbere Landing
2. Fall of berlin
3. belgrade
4. tunis harbor

all others hmmm rather not
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
I enjoyed Coral Sea alot, maybe not that map but something to that effect.

Note to people saying Karkand, just so you know that isn't a good map. Yes I realize that it is my fovorite map, that's because it's the only infantry/armor map in BF2, but it is not very well designed. I have been very impresses with some of the infantry maps so far in BF2142, just not the vehicle maps.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6682|UK

k30dxedle wrote:

-Make it the size of Shuhia Taiba.
-Accurize it.
-Put it in the game.
Yes indeed
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden

encoded_evil wrote:

I hope they make new maps quick cos I only really like playing

1. Cerbere Landing
2. Fall of berlin
3. belgrade
4. tunis harbor

all others hmmm rather not
heh the exact same maps i enjoy as well some others are okay.. but not really fun i´m a groundtrooper as well might has something to with it.

Edit Though i would love wake would´nt care if all that´s left is a huge frozen ice i would play it anyway just for the memories

Last edited by madmurre (2006-11-12 02:19:36)

buttered noodle
+16|6645|ohio
a frozen over karkand would be nice , the middle east is in the general area of the game so its not unreasonable.
Walkers in the streets or karkand, or how about some Euroforces maps?
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6495|London, UK

buttered noodle wrote:

a frozen over karkand would be nice , the middle east is in the general area of the game so its not unreasonable.
Walkers in the streets or karkand, or how about some Euroforces maps?
I'm with you on this one. Has anyone else noticed though that the main locations are roughly in the same area as BF2? And could it be that EA have run out of ideas again and are going to do another American Locations expansion/booster pack like they did for Armoured Fury? I personally wouldn't mind fighting in, lets say Texas or even Alaska (cos lets face it, it ain't gonna get any colder there), but I would like to see somewhere different than the middle east, europe and what MIGHT pass as africa. Maybe, for novelty value, they could make a jungle map? Real close quarters map, probly cant get vehicles or walkers just 2 teams and some flags.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

El Almein. Or however you spell it....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard