IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6751|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
See this is what Israel needs to do for the Palestinians!! Stop killing them and invest some money into the Gaza strip!!

"Mr Brown said the funding would be worth £50,000 per household in Northern Ireland..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6104348.stm

Allthough I bet it's not accepted
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6538|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia
I hope you Irish have moral character enough to not allow yourselves to be bought out by money from the country that flies the butcher's apron.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
think of it as compensation for British tyranny & a relocation package for those British who cannot deal with being governed by their new Republican overlords & Masters ---> oops forgot

they'll all show their true colours now..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-02 16:09:04)

TeamZephyr

IG-Calibre wrote:

think of it as compensation for British tyranny..
It's tyranny enough that part of Ireland is still under control of the British.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

TeamZephyr wrote:

I hope you Irish have moral character enough to not allow yourselves to be bought out by money from the country that flies the butcher's apron.
Uh...  Accepting the cash is a good thing.  It's the best offer they're gonna get or should get for that matter.

Insurgency is just a bad idea in almost every case.  And yes, before you ask, I would've sided with the Tories during the American Revolution, but that's another discussion altogether.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

TeamZephyr wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Look, Bloody Sunday was a horrible atrocity, but you can hardly call the present-day British government tyrannical with regards to the Irish.  You might have a better argument regarding how they declare war against the will of the people (like how Blair aided us in the Iraq War), but Northern Ireland is treated much better than it used to be.  The rest of Ireland should be happy that they don't have to take care of the poor of Northern Ireland.  It would negatively affect their currently prospering economy.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
there was state sponsored collusion in the Murder of numerous innocent Catholics in this country right up until 1996 (if not later), Bloody Sunday was not the be all and end all of British tyranny here.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-03 02:36:05)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6607|Cheshire. UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

there was state sponsored collusion in the Murder of numerous innocent Catholics in this country right up until 1996 (if not later), Bloody Sunday was not the be all and end all of British tyranny here.
How old are you????
The Magic Mullet
+240|6433

joker3327 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

How old are you????
I asked the Magic 8Ball and it said 'Try again later'.

Crap.
TeamZephyr

Turquoise wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Uh...  Accepting the cash is a good thing.  It's the best offer they're gonna get or should get for that matter.
You can't make a problem go away by simply throwing money at it.

Thinking that they can buy the Irish's favour is a spit in the face for any Irishman that fought and died for the Republic to exist.

If the British really want to say sorry they can give the 6 counties to the Irish Republic, where they belong.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6607|Cheshire. UK

TeamZephyr wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Thinking that they can buy the Irish's favour is a spit in the face for any Irishman that fought and died for the Republic to exist.

If the British really want to say sorry they can give the 6 counties to the Irish Republic, where they belong.
And what do you do with the Irish in the 6 counties that don't want to belong????
IG-Calibre
comhalta

joker3327 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

How old are you????
37 - why?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6607|Cheshire. UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

How old are you????
37 - why?
Because I'm 42 and spent 8 years patrolling the streets of NI ....and you seem to make no mention of the atrocities carried out by the so called liberators...or the fact that the south was used to stage attacks on innocent civillians along the borders...or maybe thats because you dont want to
IG-Calibre
comhalta
I agree absolutely. and your point is?

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-03 02:52:46)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6607|Cheshire. UK
Do you not find it strange that since the British Army has reduced its numbers and given the PSNI primacy that the gangland and drug related crimes have risen 10 fold....with DAD replacing the IRA so instead of smuggling guns and killing people with bombs they now smuggle drugs and kill kids with overdoses.....

The North is a divided community with the majority calling themselves British....so how can you give a country that is divided to the south...by your logic then the British Irish would then do what has been happening for the last 40 years to the south so the can be liberated....

Last edited by joker3327 (2006-11-03 02:57:01)

EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6560|UK

TeamZephyr wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Who says we want to say sorry?  Now here's a dime, go have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

joker3327 wrote:

Do you not find it strange that since the British Army has reduced its numbers and given the PSNI primacy that the gangland and drug related crimes have risen 10 fold....with DAD replacing the IRA so instead of smuggling guns and killing people with bombs they now smuggle drugs and kill kids with overdoses.....

The North is a divided community with the majority calling themselves British....so how can you give a country that is divided to the south...by your logic then the British Irish would then do what has been happening for the last 40 years to the south so the can be liberated....
I would tend to share your prognosis - I reckon there will be a loyalist insurgency by some extremists when reunification takes place. However I think you're a bit confused over the whole drug thing though, it's mainly controlled by Loyalists & now when everyone signs  up to policing - well great at last a police force supported by all the community..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-03 03:05:06)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6564

joker3327 wrote:

The country is an artifical falsehood. Had a referendum been held in 1920 on the creation of a state of Ireland consisting of the ENTIRE Ireland it would have been carried. The borders weer arbitrarily drawn up and applied to our country by EXTERNAL powers. You make it sound like it's a landslide majority of Brits in the north. It's actually - 45% Protestant (mainly Brit), 40% Catholic (mainly Irish), 15% no religion specified (somewhere in between).

Reunification is only a matter of time as Calibre said. Unfortunately it WILL mean another civil war.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-03 03:09:28)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6564

EricTViking wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Who says we want to say sorry?  Now here's a dime, go have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.
LOL. The British Empire is dead Viking, get over it.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6636|IRELAND

Basically you have a sections of both communities making their money of extortion and drugs for decades. The main terrorist organizations membership are now board as they can't be involved in the little game they used to play and can't play it anymore. This money will go into "community projects" and "prisoner projects" which is just another way of filtering money to the godfathers and "ex" leaders of terrorist organizations. The millions pumped into N.I after the Good Friday Agreement was sucked up by the UPRG. Same will happen this time. Very little money will make it near the ordinary man on the street.

@joker3327----- The reason dealing etc is still rampant in N.I and so called anti social behavior is on the up is because the paramilitaries used to keep their own communities in order. Brutal yes, effective yes. When I was growing up I knew if I stepped out of line, I had the Paramilitaries to worry about. These days they can't be seen to deal out their own justice.

If Ireland was united I think we would see a small loyalist insurgent for a few years, but I think it would fizzle out when the economic advantages become clear to everyone. I don't think Loyalist Insurgents would have such a valid "cause" as say the republican movement though.

PS. IG-Calibre....nice to see my house in your sig picture again. Very fitting considering the topic.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-11-03 03:24:13)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
tbh I'm more interested in how joker3327 thinks that the Collusion by the Government in the Murder of its innocent Catholic citizens is justifiable because of the actions of the Republican militants. To draw a contemporary parallel should the government go out and murder its Muslim citizens randomly because of Muslim extremists?

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-03 03:54:05)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

TeamZephyr wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

When the majority of NI chose to stay part of the UK its not tyranny, people going and killing those people because the chose that choice is.

Changed 50% to majority as 50% may be higher than the majority, im doing this because Cameron will now come along with some figures saying the majority was less than 50%, however that is irrelivent as it was a MAJORITY, more people wanted to stay than go.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-11-03 03:38:52)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

TeamZephyr wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

2nd time...

When the majority of NI chose to stay part of the UK its not tyranny, people going and killing those people because the chose that choice is.

Changed 50% to majority as 50% may be higher than the majority, im doing this because Cameron will now come along with some figures saying the majority was less than 50%, however that is irrelivent as it was a MAJORITY, more people wanted to stay than go.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-11-03 03:39:10)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

JahManRed wrote:

Basically you have a sections of both communities making their money of extortion and drugs for decades. The main terrorist organizations membership are now board as they can't be involved in the little game they used to play and can't play it anymore. This money will go into "community projects" and "prisoner projects" which is just another way of filtering money to the godfathers and "ex" leaders of terrorist organizations. The millions pumped into N.I after the Good Friday Agreement was sucked up by the UPRG. Same will happen this time. Very little money will make it near the ordinary man on the street.

@joker3327----- The reason dealing etc is still rampant in N.I and so called anti social behavior is on the up is because the paramilitaries used to keep their own communities in order. Brutal yes, effective yes. When I was growing up I knew if I stepped out of line, I had the Paramilitaries to worry about. These days they can't be seen to deal out their own justice.

If Ireland was united I think we would see a small loyalist insurgent for a few years, but I think it would fizzle out when the economic advantages become clear to everyone. I don't think Loyalist Insurgents would have such a valid "cause" as say the republican movement though.

PS. IG-Calibre....nice to see my house in your sig picture again. Very fitting considering the topic.
I think you would more likely find alot of NI people moving to other parts of the UK and NI would end up as an underpopulated area, just like what happened to the north 30-40 years ago and its only just finally having enough money pumped into it that more people are moving back.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6560|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

EricTViking wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

LOL. The British Empire is dead Viking, get over it.
Hehe, but it's still bigger than the Irish one ;-p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard