ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
https://i11.tinypic.com/2qvxvtg.jpg
" A rising star in the Democratic party "
" The future of politics "
These things have been said about Obama, who has been getting the adoration of a rock star lately, and specifically on this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51217&p=2

Q:  Okay, what gives? He has no reputation, other than a cute speech at the convention last go around, albeit a good education. In his short stint as Senator, he has not authored one bill or chaired one committee.
A:  he's a Democrat without a scandal, and the Howard Deans are counting on the " see were not racist, we'll vote a brotha in as president segment of the republicans to turn the tide in their favor for the next presidential election.

I'm not saying anything negative about him, but I'd like to see some good reason other than " he's a Democrat without a scandal, and the Howard Deans are counting on the " see were not racist, we'll vote a brotha in as president" segment of the republicans to turn the tide in their favor for the next presidential election.

From his official website,
here he is advocating tax cuts ( lol for a Democrat! ).

http://obama.senate.gov/about/

" by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state."
Here is his with (typically for their side ) no plan for Iraq;
"In other words, No Exit. What's his plan, then?"

http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/06/obama-yo-mama.html 
Vote not one incumbent back into office.

Last edited by ATG (2006-10-31 19:46:39)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6541|San Diego, CA, USA
He's to Democrats as Colon Powel is to republicans.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6756
He might run for president I think.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA
hey, hes fresh, hes new. he hasnt fucked up yet. but i dont want him to run. he needs to get to the deep end before he can swim with the big kids.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6529|Chicago
Look... I don't want to state the obvious or anything, but the reason he's getting all this press coverage... is because... well... he's... from Illinois. That's the only way I know how to explain it. (I think you can figure out the secret message here, you're a smart cookie.)
parth
+10|6420

RedTwizzler wrote:

Look... I don't want to state the obvious or anything, but the reason he's getting all this press coverage... is because... well... he's... from Illinois. That's the only way I know how to explain it. (I think you can figure out the secret message here, you're a smart cookie.)
Hint: Replace one letter...
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6687|Mountains of West Virginia
After hearing him speak he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders. That as this point, is a huge advantage. Of course he (and all other canadates) are going to claim this and that, so it seems that voting for their claims is a bit misleading. I hope you get what I am trying to say.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6542|Southeastern USA

Harmor wrote:

wrong big time, colin powell has had some major accomplishments in his lifetime. Obama on the other hand has done next to nothing, he has been a DNC puppet, making no bold moves of his own, doing exactly what he's told, been nothing more than a posterboy for them (and possibly a tool with which to wash away the cynthia mckinney image of the black democrat). thus far in his senate career, he has gotten one bill passed with his name on it, a rousing and earthshaking piece of legislation that.......drumrolll please...........

creates a website.

wow

http://www.americansforprosperity.org/index.php?id=1996

though to be fair, that's one more bill than edwards ever got passed
ATG
Banned
lol^^^^^^^^^^I forgot about that one.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
I really had to look for it, I think it was fairly recent, probably why you missed it. It's almost as if someone said "If you're gonna run for pres, you should start passing some bills".

I also like how he has the founder of the republican party in his "sig"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

But if Obama gets on the ticket, I can tell his supporters that they're just voting for him because he's black. Inverse racism!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
that would be my only problem with a minority candidate, whether female, black, hispanic whatever, that more people would be voting for the novelty of the first X candidate rather than looking at actual policy
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But if Obama gets on the ticket, I can tell his supporters that they're just voting for him because he's black. Inverse racism!
We could have two black candidates running against each other.  Condoleeza Rice vs. Barack Obama  (half of the South doesn't vote as a result)

To be honest, I think there's a greater chance people would choose NOT to vote for a black candidate because of their race rather than doing so.  We're not quite past the racial barrier for the highest office....

Last edited by Turquoise (2006-10-31 22:05:11)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

Turquoise wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We could have two black candidates running against each other.  Condoleeza Rice vs. Barack Obama  (half of the South doesn't vote as a result)

To be honest, I think there's a greater chance people would NOT vote for a black candidate because of their race rather than doing so.  We're not quite past the racial barrier for the highest office....
I think it doesn't matter what race you are, as long as you govern the country correctly in my terms.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Miller wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

To be honest, I think there's a greater chance people would NOT vote for a black candidate because of their race rather than doing so.  We're not quite past the racial barrier for the highest office....
I think it doesn't matter what race you are, as long as you govern the country correctly in my terms.
Let me put it this way.  I wish more people simply saw it that way.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6541|San Diego, CA, USA
What's funny is that a Black Deomocrat is a visionary, but a Black Republican is an Uncle Tom?  Go figure.
beerface702
+65|6685|las vegas
dude this guy is not experienced enough sorry

and from a interview i saw with him, he didnt seem very eager or willing to run, im thinkin he will push for 2012

and wtf "president Obama" just sounds lame and foreign as hell

Last edited by beerface702 (2006-11-01 04:52:19)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina
I think he should be voted or not for what he did as senator, and forget if the guy is white or black or green.  Btw, what kind of name is Barack?

PS: vote for me http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=51258.
ATG
Banned

Harmor wrote:

What's funny is that a Black Democrat is a visionary, but a Black Republican is an Uncle Tom?  Go figure.
Ha ha, so true.
The Black doesn't have to be a republican, he just has to step out of line slightly to have the name calling begin.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
and yet which party is stereotyped to be a bunch of intolerant racist bigots?
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
He's not a "politics as usual" kinda guy, being new to the political arena also makes him appealing...he's somewhat untouched.  He also is moderate from what I have seen making him worthy of candidacy..and he's not hillary, kerry, or other note worthy dems who've got dozens of labels already.  But one good swiftboat commercial and he's toast like anyone since nobody actually reviews a candidate's real ideals and policies.  It's much easier to believe stupid ads.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom

Harmor wrote:

youre right
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
interesting read from 3 years 7 months ago

look at all the old names

Last edited by RTHKI (2010-06-10 11:23:06)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Necrothread is necro.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-06-10 11:45:06)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
what are you talking about atg hes president of the united states

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard