Corpy
+0|6392|Hoorn, Netherlands
When i shut down my computer last day, the last thing I played was BF2. Everything ran smoothly, no problems whatsoever, with anything and there have never been any major problems really. But the EA downloader had an update today, which it installs. This turns the EA downloader into  EA link. Very useful(not!!) and all by the great masterminds of EA but I had to install Armoured Furry and Euroforce again. Downloaded them in about 10 minutes so no problems there.

However, i put in my BF disc and it asks me to select the language, as if I am playing BF for the first time. Thinking it was crap I just start BF2 by the shortcut on the desktop, it starts, logs in, but when I want to join a server, BAM crash to desktop...When I try to install AF and EF it says: couldn't find BF2 folder...Yesterday I was playing BF.. I'm a freaking 1st LT... To me it seems clear it has something to do with EA's newest crappy shit hole named EA link. However I would like to know whether i can safely install BF "again" and if it will work after wards. So I won't loose my account or any other strange things may happen...

So:  I think the problem is the new EA link that came to replace the EA downloader, when I try to join a server I get a CTD and can I install BF2 now as the disc apparently asks me or should i take other action? (besides killing the EA birdbrain that came up with this idea of course)

Last edited by Corpy (2006-10-31 08:26:09)

Brasso
+1,549|6601

So that's what EA Link does?  Fuck that.  Good thing I searched BF2S before installing that stuff.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
link52787
+29|6492
same problem.  None of my games work.
NaziPredator
+41|6435|Luton -WorstTownInBritain-
I've got EA Link, works for me.
wraithpilot
+0|6695
Nothing works for either, worked this morning be fore I got this new stupid arse EA link crap.  It looks as if I have to spend another 40 minutes reloading everything.   Damn you EA game, you keep making it more and more difficult to keep playing your games!!!!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6516
I vote kill.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
HellCaster^SOH^
+0|6711|N.E.Ohio
same problem here with ALL games downloaded from the EA downloader.Had to edit the registry to make 2142 work.It says I have an Invalid CD key.I downloaded it so I don't HAVE a CD key!They have a fix on the EA support site explaining how to fix it.BUT IT WASN'T BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!Looks like I'll have to re download everything else to make BF2 work again.Thanks for nothing EA!
Corpy
+0|6392|Hoorn, Netherlands
well i personally "fixed" the problem by choosing a repairpoint(30 of october) and resetting my comp to that date. As on that date EA Link wasn't installed yet. Now when it automatically update i won't install this crap. Don't know if i can still play EF and AF though, ill edit or post again when i have.
greenhaven
+47|6436
Unfortunately, I never had a chance to use EA Downloader, and I'd like to play EF & AF. Looks like buying it in stores is the only option, because the POS EA Link doesn't work.
Not
Great success!
+216|6547|Chandler, AZ
Oh my god, I was just about to post about this.

Ok at least it's an epidemic and not a personal adware problem, lol. Here's somethin scary though. This EA Link BS actually messed up my InstallShield software as well. I can't uninstall the game, and I can't install it. Every install/uninstall action on my PC crashes if it uses installshield. Other installer software works, thank god, but at least I know I'm not alone. I'm about to revert my PC to an old save and hopefully that takes care of it....
FriiginChomper
+41|6672
i think its because...
https://img414.imageshack.us/img414/4809/eanazilx9.gif

sorry i couldnt really help. i just had to post that. i found it on ytmnd.
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
I don't know if this is the same problem or not, but today bf2 and sf won't play. Actually they won't open. I click their icons and the screen goes black (I have +restart so it does that when it skips the movies) and then I'm back at the desktop. I don't have ea downloader or anything, so I don't know if it's related.
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
Hm, restore point from yesterday fixed it. So it was either a windows update that fucked it up, or the xfire update. Or something else entirely different.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard