El-Gorko
+1|6721|California
I don't know what it is, but this game absolutely hates me.  The first two days I had the game I only crashed maybe once or twice.  In the last couple days, I've probably crashed 40 times.  I get maybe 5-10 minutes of gameplay before I crash.

Sometimes I've got symptoms of a gigantic memory leak where my game slows down and then crashes a minute or two later.  Sometimes everything is running great and next thing I know I'm at my desktop.  I've had two instances where my computer has gone and rebooted because I've crashed so hard.  I've also had several cases where the game just freezes so I ctrl+alt+del and kill the bf2142.exe service.  It's unbelievable how much I've crashed.  Sometimes my game doesn't completely crash, I'll just lose all my textures and stare at a mostly black screen.  I've played 550 hours of BF2 since the week it was released and have not crashed this many times.

I've even tried turning my sound from hardware rendered to software rendered.  I've made sure I've got the lastest video and sound drivers and it's still no help.  This game is borderline unplayable 75% of the time.  The other 25% of the time I think I just don't play for long enough spans to have the game crash.  At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if some of my hardware is dying but my spider sense tells me that may not be the case.

Any ideas?

and FYI, my rig is:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe MotherBoard
Intel 3.0GHz P4 w/800MHz FSB
2GB Kingston PC3200 DDR Ram
160GB Hitachi Deskstar HDD
ATI X800Pro Video
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Platnium Sound

+ Various other components...

Last edited by El-Gorko (2006-10-29 22:42:39)

marlborored_99
+2|6482
Have you tried to turn down your hardware acceleration down in direct X ? If not try that, Just goto START, then RUN and type "dxdiag". Goto sound tab and use the slider to reduce the hardware acceleration. It stopped my computer from freezing. I had to lower in to basic acceleration. See if that helps
El-Gorko
+1|6721|California
I've lowered it and still crashed...
smokingun
+2|6705|Houston, Texas
have you updated your graphics driver, if you didn't that could be the problem
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6482|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
try turning your voip off in game, or try taking one of your 1 gb sticks of memory out...they could be conflicting, its happened to me before
El-Gorko
+1|6721|California
Drivers are up to date (mentioned in original post), VOIP is off and my ram is not conflicting.  I wrote EA support, but I doubt they'll provide any useful information.
ubedead
+0|6681
This "game" is the buggiest pos i ever played/wheres the patches 1.2?2.0? Dice/Ea have to be seeing the rants! Or is it a case of "we got your money now stfu!"(sorry just had to get this off my chest)
Herackles
+33|6634
You're not the only one people.  I've tried every solution to resolve these inexplicable crashes, freezes and lagg's.  Unfortunately, the game is still very temperamental.  There are times when I will have long sessions of smooth running games; no crashes, no freezes and no lagging.  But there are days when the game just acts like a 10 year old kid, and throws hissy fits every god damned minute.  I can't for the life in me understand why.  The game was installed on a minty fresh newly formatted computer.  Everything is is updated.  The drivers for video card, motherboard, monitor, the game are all updated.  So it can't be those things.  Although, when the game decides to not act like a bitch that it is, it runs very nicely on my comp.  But those chances are few and far between.  Hope they can sort this mess out without having to release a bazillion amount of their WMD's (Worst Motherfucking Patches).

Sort this mess out DICE!!

Last edited by Herackles (2006-10-30 23:59:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard