GoDengo
+0|6672
Hi there..

now I bought this game in the store..
After inserting the dvd into the drive and a moment of waiting the system totally freezes.. from time to time I can move around the mouse, but that's about all I can do. If I eventually make it to double-click on setup.exe or autorun.exe, there will be a message box claiming "..not a valid win32-application".
So obviously this is a matter of the nice copy protection installed.. Did even a firmware update to the dvd-rom, but that didn't help either..
Does anybody know how to get the game running anyways.. any hint would be appreciated..
Windows XP, DVD Drive is a LG 4040B, Firmware 3.04

Thanks
Dengo
GoDengo
+0|6672
Solved the issue.. it was really a pain in the a**! Because of the system freezes I had a corrupt master boot record.. don't ask how much time it took to get it all back working.. thanx a lot, EA & macrovision!
This is what you get if you're honest and actually pay for the game.. I wouldn't have had this trouble if I got the game via some p2p network or warez-ftp..  next time I'll think about it twice before buying an original..

For people who will run into the same problem:
it's a problem with the safedisc copy protection, the game "Warhammer Dark Crusade" also has the problem. Run windows in safe mode, copy the content to your harddisc.. reboot, install from hd, run the game..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard