.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

now if something lse in this game needs to be fixed in a patch, it is this....

Edited by Zimmer92, remember "[youtube}" code tags please...
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Delphy
+45|6585|Bristol, UK
And it's not even to the left a bit, it's actually completely off the model. I've never been able to hit enemies running across my view, now I know why! Jeez.

It's even worse with choppers, trying to tv a moving chopper is a joke. Of course sometimes it works in your favour, when you miss the chopper, hit their lagging hitbox and get a doublekill.

Last edited by Delphy (2006-10-28 07:26:10)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6581|Melbourne, Australia.
Interesting..
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6821|Delaware
Now if only my game would work.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6739|Omaha, Nebraska

SysTray wrote:

Now if only my game would work.
Why does your game not work?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6578|Florida
I have the same problem, it pisses me off more than any other bug they have ever had in this game.  Its annoying when I put 8 rounds into someone with a G36K (SF for those of you who dont know) and the guy doesnt die.  Its a pain in the ass......or even when I play sniper.  I had this crap happen last night.  I get my crosshair dead on the guy (yes I am aware of what bullet drop is, Im not new to the game), I shoot, see the cloud of dust come off.  I shoot again....see another cloud of dust (NO, they were not a medic, he was engineer).  It took me 4 shots with the rifle to kill him....while hitting him in the head.......this is more annoying than anything else Ive ever come across.................
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6486|UK
+1
SargeX_au
+29|6753
This needs to be fixed asap. I'll hav to shoot where they've been, not where their heading for now.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Yeah, hit detection is worse than ever; I would say it's probably the most annoying thing about the game.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Very interesting indeed. I've always had issues hitting targets moving side to side. I go now to see for myself.
I{endo
+20|6417|berlin
1+

i wonder if it always stays the same, or if the shitty shot angles depend on server/ ping/ whatever.
as sniper i experience to more and more trust my "feeling" rather than my sights (leading moving targets).
if you get a hit you might unconsciously "remember", and after a while get used to it.

should be fixed though.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
It comes and goes, I've tried EVERYTHING to fix it and have found no conclusive answer. Just now I was on a server where it took me five bursts to kill a sniper in the back from point blank.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
It's also pretty bad with jets and very noticable when using the Shilka against Jets in PoE2.
thfalk1982
+4|6622|Colorado, USA
That explains a lot!  So much for leading your targets.  Definitely needs to be fixed!
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6568

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTwGSrjsgo

Don't blame the game for your lack of skill. The projectile travels with a velocity and therefore you're not able to hit the target if you aim exactly on it and the target moves. Lead it and you would've hit it everytime.

Hitdetection/registration due to a laggy server is something completely different, in the video you see a perfect example of an aim-newb.

After watching the rest of the video, the server is shit and your aim. ^^

Last edited by fierce (2006-10-28 08:26:05)

Brasso
+1,549|6630

Wow.  Hitboxes seem to lag behind the actual character.  I'll keep that in mind.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
I{endo
+20|6417|berlin

fierce wrote:

Don't blame the game for your lack of skill. The projectile travels with a velocity and therefore you're not able to hit the target if you aim exactly on it and the target moves. Lead it and you would've hit it everytime.
did you realize at all that he had to lead BEHIND the moving target to get a shot on target? what kinda leading is that?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

I really hope the DICE programmers don't have degrees in Computer Science.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
There used to be a sort of a problem like this too in CSS. While it was never fully proven since most of the videos were with bots and cl_showhitboxes it seems to have been fixed fully by valve with a couple tweeks in default cvars.

Now is dice going to fix this probubly not.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6568

I{endo wrote:

fierce wrote:

did you realize at all that he had to lead BEHIND the moving target to get a shot on target? what kinda leading is that?
The third world server he made the video on got one of the worst hitdetections as you can clearly see in the video. Try shooting behind on a good running server and you won't hit anything.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys

fierce wrote:

Hitdetection/registration due to a laggy server is something completely different, in the video you see a perfect example of an aim-newb.

Do you realize i dident make that video, i foudn it somewhere. This is why i hardly ever post here anymore, because of fucking idiots like fierce. Go choke on your own dick.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Fierce > small wildlife animals > Patton
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6480|Somewhere else

I have read in numerousplaces that hit detection is alsobased alot on your ping.  Somewhere in these forums, in fact are a few threads that you can change your hit detection to make it more accurate. So, from what i understand, alot to do with it is internet traffic, and not so much the game.  Further, altering your hit detection does not conflict with the BFROE.  Ill try to find the link to that thread.

EDIT:  here's the link    http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=47186

If i am way off topic, disregard.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-10-28 09:26:01)

J][gga
+8|6653

fierce wrote:

Do you realize i dident make that video, i foudn it somewhere. This is why i hardly ever post here anymore, because of fucking idiots like fierce. Go choke on your own dick.
A small dick at that!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

fierce wrote:

Don't blame the game for your lack of skill.
Watch the video. K now go die.

Also it annoys when you walk up behind a sniper/afk person and get cocky and put the gun on single fire, aim at there head, go crouch to make sure you dont miss standing from 1 meter away. fire. No death. Fire. No death. Take gun off single fire blow persons head away. they turn around Kill you.

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-10-28 09:35:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard