Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646
1: Go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings
2: Open usersettings.con in notepad
3: Change the value of the line "SettingsManager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0XX, where XX is your ping

so, ping of 30:

SettingsManager.floatset GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030

ping of 100:

This will affect where you have to aim to hit moving targets. If you tweak this to properly match your ping, you will find that you can actually aim AT moving targets and still hit them.

Command number two:

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime ?

I have absolutely no clue about this command. Nobody can actually say what it does, and there is no consistent difference. However, some like it, even if its a placebo.

default value is 100. What works better, I don't know.

These commands can also be entered in your console ingame. You must properly capitalise the commands, or they wont work. If you type them in correctly a 1 will appear in your console.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-06-03 11:12:26)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Entertayner
+826|6563

SargeV1.4 wrote:

SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime <value>

Welcome to another confusing thread by SargeV1.4!

That command up there seems to have made a world of difference for my hitreg in BF2. It is set to 100 normally. I set it to 400, went on a random karkand IO pub, and it seemed to work well. Aim + fire = dead, instead of pretty smoke.

Enter it in your console. Remember to use the capitals properly. You have to do it every time you connect to a server.

Try it, I'd like to know if it works for more people..

If you don't have bad hitreg, you do not have to post here to say so.

Try a variety of values, like 10/50/200/400, and see what it does for you.
lol @ your sig.. GG Hmm, back to the point.... I shall try this as my hitreg is 'orribla! Would be nice if we could find a way to auto do it *ponders*
uberdoc
+3|6409|California
I'll try it out also. Oh yea, a little question: is there a list of all possible cvar values somewhere?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Is this anything like the latency compensation code thing you can do?

(I'll go and try it soon if I can actually log in)

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-05 12:17:57)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646

Towelly wrote:

Is this anything like the latency compensation code thing you can do?

(I'll go and try it soon if I can actually log in)
yeah, but I never really noticed a difference with that one
SmackDowN
+5|6462
Nice tip, I'll try this out, thx mate
IRONCHEF
+385|6484|Northern California
hitreg is what?  thanks.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646

IRONCHEF wrote:

hitreg is what?  thanks.
hit registration, bad hitreg = you hit people, you see the dust coming from their helmets, you hear the sound of bullets hitting them, but thanks to bad netcode they take no damage.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6802|Marathon, Florida Keys
i will try it later, if this works buttsecks for sarge
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6646

killer21 wrote:

I don't have a problem with hit detection.  I just know how to aim.  Maybe you should give it a try.
http://www.clanbase.com/rating.php?&lid=2172
http://www.clanbase.com/claninfo.php?cid=1097201

yeah, I'm so terrible at infantry.. I mean, so bad we even get paid to go to LAN events!
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6820|Lithuania
Thanks for the tip.

Off topic: Don't you think your sig is kind of harsh? I mean I hate everyone who plays BF2 as well, but jeez..
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6638|Malibu
So does it mean when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle, and see dust comeout but no kill, it is a bad hit reg?
Dex Luther
+32|6431|Canukastan

StormEye wrote:

So does it mean when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle, and see dust comeout but no kill, it is a bad hit reg?
yes

PS: I'm against solo TV guiding. Look at the space the dude has to crawl through to switch seats. You think the guy and crawl through that almost instantly, fire a tv missle, guide it, then crawl back through that tiny space and regain control of the chopper before it spins out of control and crashes? I think not.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-10-05 13:19:16)

greenhaven
+47|6458

killer21 wrote:

I don't have a problem with hit detection.  I just know how to aim.  Maybe you should give it a try.
It's not an aim problem. I have had the same issue. Dust puffs come off the head, but they live.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
Will try when I get a chance.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6715|Oregon
i think theres a way to do this in the settings.con file that will make it so you dont have to redo it every time, but dont sue me if it doesnt work/fucks your game up permanently (backup of this file strongly suggested). i can figure it out when i get home, ill post more specifics then...i dont even know if this even works...maybe you just got a good server...
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6755

Sweet, gotta try this out later... anyone remember what the Latency compensation code was? I'm trying to remember it but my mind is drawing a blank.

My main problem is with knifing. I have gotten so many hits on people that just don't kill them. Pisses me off, hopefully this will change that.
kingcoyote
+5|6623|Montana
Ive gotten the dust cloud nonsense a lot since 1.4.  I hit a buddy of mine 4 times with the l96a1 the other day and all I got was dust clouds off his jacket.  No hit register, just dust clouds.  He was no more than 40 feet from me.  My fifth shot (in the same place) killed him.  It was just stupid.  I sniped a guy in the head from 5 feet before that.  Dust flew off his head and his body jerked....nothing.  Sometimes I hate bf2.  It seems totally random.  Things will be fine for a while and then the rubber bullets and tv missles come out.  Even with good ping.

I'm really curious to see if this works.  I will try it out if I remember tonight.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic

GotMex? wrote:

Sweet, gotta try this out later... anyone remember what the Latency compensation code was? I'm trying to remember it but my mind is drawing a blank.

My main problem is with knifing. I have gotten so many hits on people that just don't kill them. Pisses me off, hopefully this will change that.
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation <VALUE>

For all these ones just go

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Usersettings

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-05 13:58:30)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6722|Louisiana

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Off topic: Don't you think your sig is kind of harsh? I mean I hate everyone who plays BF2 as well, but jeez..
Yeah really. Especially the one about noobs in helicopters and jets... they have just as much right to the vehicles as anyone else. Everyone was a noob in a jet/copter at some point.

And the "practice in single-player" excuse doesn't work, because there's no way you can become a good pilot by flying around with nothing trying to kill you.

I will try the console command though

Last edited by xintegrityx (2006-10-05 15:24:37)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.
Omfg. it works. It actually works....

today was the first time i have been able to kill 4 people with on clip again! Usually it takes like a clip because of rego! But now i can own again! woo hoo!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
Hmmm... I might try it I don't know yet.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.

Darkhelmet wrote:

Hmmm... I might try it I don't know yet.
do it. If you suffer from poor hit rego, do it. It worked perfectly for me.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
Which value did you use Gene_Pool ???
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6584|Australia
One would imagine you would want to set it to something based on your actual latency to the server. Interpolation is effectively the process of following/calculating a line from one point to another point, but it is used in a huge variety of contexts in 3D gaming environments. I would imagine it means interpolating where people are walking to.

i.e. you receive a message from the server every <amountoflatency> ms saying where everyone is. So, for all the time in between those updates you, as the client, are interpolating all the players paths to make a reasonable estimate of where they would have moved to, by just following a line in the same direction as they were moving when you last got an update.

By setting your interpolation time to be longer as you are, perhaps you are instructing the server to process your hit detections assuming that you are under the effects of the movement interpolation for longer (to a more realistic length of time, in the cases where this works).

Could be a few other things though, as it does seem a little unlikely to me that they would allow you to define how long you're under the effects of interpolation for. Elsewise people could set it to like 2 seconds, shoot at where the person WOULD be if they'd continued in a straight line from 2 seconds ago, and kill them. Even if the person had changed direction completely. Although I suppose that's not really much of an advantage, as it'd be hard to predict.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard