AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6517|Behind You
So here is the deal.  My dorm SUCKS.  They block a lot of the ports for whatever reason, personally I think out of pure stupidity, and I am currently unable to play the demo for 2142(or any mutiplayer game for that matter) and it's driving me nuts.  My friend here was similiarly frustrated with the situation(we had to even change some settings around just so we could use fucking AIM because the usual port was blocked!)  Anyways, my friend mentioned something about using a proxy server to play online, and I was wondering what the hell he was talking about.  Is there some way to get past using certain ports by using a proxy.  I've done limited research into what a Proxy server is so I have a rough idea of the concept of what it is but no knowledge on how to use one.  Lastly, I have Norton running, and I'm not sure if that is interferring as well or if it will interfere.  Basically what happens is when I try to create a new account on 2142 it just says contacting EA master server, and stays that way for maybe 6 or 7 minutes, then it says I have lost connection.  Well, I have fairly limited computer knowledge so any advice will have to eb in laymens terms or extremely precise directions.  And I have little to no internet http, port, proxy knowledge.  Basically I'm an IT guys worst nightmare, hah.  Any help you guys can offer would be HUGELY appreciated as I am going through severe withdrawal from online FPS.

Edit: thought I should throw in that my friend is away for two weeks and I am unable to contact him(he's somewhere in Spain, I believe Barcelona.  Otherwise I would definitely be asking him as well.

Much thanks,

Tyreal

Last edited by AchangelTyreal (2006-10-27 16:28:22)

Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6666|Australia
the 2142 demo? is that still running?

The full game has been out for what, 2 weeks now? im not sure the demo would still work...
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6517|Behind You
Well I'm pretty sure there are still servers, but even IF there aren't treat this as a General Assistance thread, since if it does work I am definitely going to go buy 2142 and I'll be able to play BF2 and all my other games online again(COD and COD2), not to mention Steam.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard