mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6758|State of Confusion
I love BF2 ... but lately I cannot find good teamwork, sportsmanship, or gameplay out there.  I feel like that many of those players sold their keys to their little brothers or something.  Coupled with many new players that just seem out for themselves, I've become immensely frustrated.  I was really looking forward to at least completing my badges but it just doesn't seem to be worth it anymore.  Anyone else, get that feeling playing lately?  I guess I'll just switch to 2142 full time, but I will miss BF2. 

mUnKi
APortillo
+21|6571|California, USA
Join a squad/clan/group/team.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6783|Twente, The Netherlands
I hate it when I leave karkand, join a server, get into a chopper with a pilot in it, and he tells me to jump out.
So sick of it.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6820

Frankly, I'm surprised you even found all those things before.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6808|Chicago.
Play what you like.

Try new things.

If people are assholes when you start, be an asshole back.

Problem solved.
APortillo
+21|6571|California, USA

Dr_3V|L wrote:

I hate it when I leave karkand, join a server, get into a chopper with a pilot in it, and he tells me to jump out.
So sick of it.
Ooh, that pisses me off to, you should put c4s on the chopper before you get in and blow it up if he forces you out.
Kanye North
randy
+80|6522

BigmacK wrote:

Play what you like.

Try new things.

If people are assholes when you start, be an asshole back.

Problem solved.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6624|England

The 24/7 Gator servers often have decent squad play, more so with the higher ranks who know what they are doing.
liquix
+51|6511|Peoples Republic of Portland
I would agree somewhat. Personally I am a lone wolf most of the time because I can't rely on 99% of the people who play. There are good teams, they just only play together heh.
mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6758|State of Confusion
I've been playing with one friend who is 3 timezones away from me so we don't get much time together but when everything works out, it is very fun.  He is a really good gunner in the attack helis so it makes it really fun to fly.  We often try to go to Operation Harvest where the heli is king but Special Forces is probably where most of the skilled peeps remain.  Thanks for the tips guys.  Nice to know there are some teamplayers out there.  I would join into a clan, but it is hard for me to know when I can play for sure.  I'm an old fart at 37 so I have a fair amount of responsibilities.

mUnKi
DaBombadier
+8|6465|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

APortillo wrote:

Dr_3V|L wrote:

So sick of it.
Ooh, that pisses me off to, you should put c4s on the chopper before you get in and blow it up if he forces you out.
lol totally
Dr_3V|L
+51|6783|Twente, The Netherlands

DaBombadier wrote:

APortillo wrote:

Dr_3V|L wrote:

So sick of it.
lol totally
Well, you know what I did.
After I realized he would never fly with me (his clanmate was waiting for me to get out), i mowed his bitch down with the gun.
After that, his clanmate respawned as sniper (M95 anyone?). So I mowed him down again, hoping that he will finally leave it be and fly away. But no, he keeps on saying 'hop out'. Well I did.
I grabbed the sniper kit and shot the pilot out, and flew away on my own.
Too bad I got kicked due to 3 punishes, but they really deserved to get their asses kicked.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6782|Doncaster, England

APortillo wrote:

Join a squad/clan/group/team.
I nearly always play on my clan server, some days are good and some days it's full of idiots.

I have even TK'd on purpose because they piss me off so much, and it gets to them more than being kicked.

I think the problem is they don't know how to play and need "educating" about what happens when your an arsehole.

It is a good idea to play in a group though, you always get a better game.
nodehopper
+56|6690
I have started playing Infantry Only most of the time now. There isn't the competition for vehicles. There seem to be more squads playing together. Lones can't just grab a tank or APC and spawn rape for big points.

On  I/O Jah-blah-blah-blah....look for a  US Squad Leader making an end run for the mosque....join his squad. They are using strategy!!

On Karkand I/O look for a squad heading for the MEC back base and join them.....don't join the "Squad of One" sitting at the hotel flinging nades.....that isn't strategy.

I have pretty much gotten down to playing I/O Karkand, Jah-blah-blah-blah, Warlord, GhostTown 90% of the time. I log into a non- I/O server for Heli's and when I need an Expert Medal. (Just got S.F. Expert Support last night, (tank whoring like the bitch I am) with 2 tickets  left....whew..that was too close..!!!)

mUnKi_UnKel - that is an awesome picture on your sig.....I like the guy with the M25 sniper rifle with the 50 mm scope.....I just got an M1A and am looking to scope it like that myself (M14 = Civilian M1A which is what they modded to make the M25 sniper rifle) - dude...after I posted the pic on your sig changed ????

Last edited by nodehopper (2006-10-27 16:07:26)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6595|Search Whore killing fields
Be like me, jet whore, But tend to stay away from insomnia servers.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6609|UK

Dr_3V|L wrote:

So sick of it.
I hate the "jump out" thing too. But the other day on Dalian I hopped in a chopper on the USMC carrier and got told to get out. I told the pilot to drop me over the land and he did. So I got a lift to the action and he got his buddy in the gunner seat.

I thought that was quite a fair deal.

Has to work both ways though.
l41e
+677|6706

84.244.130.169:16567

Edit: check mainpage if you're not sure what this is

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-10-27 16:07:59)

LSXREVAN
Dark Lord of the Shock Paddles
+1|6639|THE ALAMO
you cant find a decent squad leader and squad members that will actually work in a squad together anymore.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6543|England
any one who wants T work add sstdevilish to xfire   an i will show you T play + pwnage = good fun

lol!!! nice one , triggerhappy no doubt

Last edited by LostFate (2006-10-27 16:33:23)

DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6595|Search Whore killing fields

LostFate wrote:

any one who wants buttwork add sstdevilish to xfire   an i will show you butt play + butt pwnage = gay fun
dude gross
jamesb
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6648|Reisterstown, MD

nope.  BF2 is very fun to me.  A patch shouldn't dictate how much fun you have.
cablecopulate
+449|6796|Massachusetts.
Make your own squad called VOIP or Teamwork. Hopefully that way you'll get people interested in the same thing you are. Just a couple days ago I played on one of the best squads I was ever on. I don't even think anyone on the squad knew anyone else. We just all had mics, played as a team and as a result we dominated. If you don't want to lead a squad, look for a squad leader on the front lines and join him.

There's still people interested in teamwork, you just gotta find them and join them.
reefl3x
+72|6460|United States

Dr_3V|L wrote:

So sick of it.
Thats because Bf2 is the type of game where you only trust yourself.
And choppers is a prime example. ALot of gunners are slower than my grandma to shoot a TV missle, or sometimes dont even shoot at all.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying everyone I tell to bail out neccasarily sucks, I just dont trust anyone else in this game. So even if you are the 1337 h4x gunner, I really dont care, I only trust myself.

Not to mention my stats are quite important to me, so its annoying when a bad gunner gets me killed 4-5 times in a row. even after I set him up to shoot dozens of times and he either misses horribly or doesnt shoot period. Now you may say well be a better pilot, well I am a good pilot but theres only so much I can do.

I recently made a new account, and its an only chopper account, so my stats are more important to me than ever. Everytime I play, I play to achieve a goal in my stats, and having a gunner only hinders me.

If the bail out fails....border it is. Your choice...

Last edited by reefl3x (2006-10-27 16:40:16)

jamesb

reefl3x wrote:

Not to mention my stats are quite important to me
Can we see them then?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard