Poll

Do you prefer Conquest or Titan Mode more?

Titan Mode60%60% - 93
Conquest Mode39%39% - 60
Total: 153
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6477|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Alright I searched and couldn't find this topic, so here it goes:

Do you prefer Titan Mode or Conquest Mode more?
If you wish, give your reasons.

Personally, I like Titan Mode as it adds an objective, and requires more Teamwork

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2006-10-26 17:14:45)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6749|the middle of nowhere
Titan. (+ defend bonus)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I got 550 points IAR today from kifing dudes on the titan.

Note to titan attacks you should not do the following: Bring 6 supports to a core assualt and only have them camp the energy shield waiting for an idiot to come, some one will dog tag you and some one has!
Paragon
+2|6391
Conquest.

The overall pace is quicker, less lag.
Master*
Banned
+416|6493|United States
i prefer titan
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6443
its pretty much the same thing (missle silos = flags) but titan mode has....the titan
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6637|Calgary,AB,Canada
To me it just seems like theres more action in titan mode
l41e
+677|6647

Titan - fun at the price of lag.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6714|MoVal, Southern California
Titan mode is much more intense, especially when both titan cores are being attacked and are depleting rapidly. The gameplay really comes down to the last mere seconds. in conquest, you know you're going to lose when you see the ticket count. In titan mode, you can defend your exposed reactor core and still come out the victor. wo0t Titan!!!
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Conquest. Mostly because the Titan maps are kinda boring. Stick two Titans over Belgrade and I'd probably change my mind.
topthrill05
+125|6577|Rochester NY USA
Seems that conquest can be very fun and fast paced with the right map.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6623
titan.
Always a battle at the end.
47man
+46|6422|Cali
Didn't search enough apparently, but whatever another one of these can't hurt.

I prefer titan mode, conquest is a classic and will always be fun, titan is a nice change of pace.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

47man wrote:

Didn't search enough apparently, but whatever another one of these can't hurt.

I prefer titan mode, conquest is a classic and will always be fun, titan is a nice change of pace.
Link to search other topic? I searched for, poll, Titan, Conquest, prefer, better
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6644|Malibu
For now I like Conquest mode a little better (just a little bit) because of the immense lag in the Titan.
If this gets resolved, then Titan mode will GG Conquest mode.
Chou
+737|6789
Titan because it's refreshing
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6757|Denmark
definitly Titan, its conquest with some nice balancing features..
Even if your team sucks, and you are being 'baseraped' you can still earn a desent score by defending your titan..

Last edited by Z-trooper (2006-10-27 00:54:38)

Dex Luther
+32|6437|Canukastan
They both have their ups and downs.

Conquest -

Pros: No lag. More to do.
Cons: Well I've had enough of it in BF2.

Titan -

Pros: New and different. Has great potential.

Cons: Lag. I get these weird glitches in the titan halls where I'm trying to turn a corner and I'll suddenly be looking at the floor and running back the way I came.

People are idiots, they sit and wait on the titan for a transport to spawn (which usually doesn't take long, but still) when they could easily take a pod to where they're going/SHOULD go.

Commanders are morons and often move the titan into enemy fire making it almost impossible to get a gunship/transport out without being EMP'd and dieing. When this happen people still try to take the transports and gunships instead of taking the pods. When the commander sees that he's fucked his team over does he bother to try to get the titan out of there? No he leaves it or moves it even more into an area where it's fucked.

The fact that there's less silos (flags) makes the maps seem small.

i usually switch between the two. I get sick of either of them if I play it too long.
i_dun_nV_u
+6|6395
i like titan, but i voted in for conquest because its less laggier and its the tradition. but i do play titan good stuff
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6543|Sverige (SWE)
i like the Titan ... laggier yes but easier to get points.....
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6759
Titan is terrible. Firstly, giant missile silos in every base make every base the same. Secondly, stupidly high numbers of transport choppers and the Titan drop pods means anyone can get behind you at any time. There's no point capturing and holding positions (for example, yesterday my squad captured and held a bunker for most of the round on Celebre Landing, tying up the enemy team and allowing our team to go round and attack the other bases). Thridly, nobody ever defends, everyone just silo-hops. Fourthly, the Titan battles are amazingly laggy, and full of APMs, sentry turrets, grenades and people lying in narrow corridors with LMGs. This is simply Karkand on an even worse scale, but everybody liked that in Bf2 so EA have pulled off a masterstroke.

By comparison, Conquest is even better than before. Maps are generally alot more balanced, allwoing both sides to win. It takes skill to get kills, not just leaving an automated turret in a corridor. You actually advance up the map, instead of taking a chopper that appears every 5 seconds and dropping in behind. Plus, conquest has every map: wide open battles like Verdun; infantry/vehicle mixes like Minsk and Shuhia Taiba; and almost pure infantry like Camp Gibraltar, Be;grade and Berlin.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
Bump for Great Justice!
SoC./Omega
+122|6540|Omaha, Nebraska!
I like titan but I lag, I'm tryin to get more points on that mode but its hard for me. Most the time I will just lay demo packs every where and when i know they hit the reactor room, BOOM! But I lag severly on titan and I have no clue why.
KoFmatt
+0|6412
Personally I don't like Titan too much. It's way more laggy than conquest. Also, it isn't really any different than conquest game-wise. Everyone keeps saying how there's this vastly new mode of game play, but how is it any different? You cap silo's instead of flags. So? The Titan is just a flying noncap that you can attack. With air defense and the ability to launch aircraft, it's almost exactly the same as the carrier in BF2 except it can move and be destroyed, and moving it just causes more lag. People only like it because they get a ton of defense points. If there were noncap defense points in Conquest, I guarantee no one would play Titan mode.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6650|United States
i really cant tell which one is better because I cant even play the game for five minutes its because that i keep getting ea master connection problem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard