Good, could be better28%28% - 14
Not good0%0% - 0
Not good at all0%0% - 0
Uber crap14%14% - 7
Total: 50
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6447|Bradford UK
What friend finder do you use?

If you want to leave your X-fire names i will add you to my X-fire if thats ok. I really like X-fires versatility and user friendly interfaces, also the skins option makes it good to change all the time.
             However this is my biased view, what are your views and thoughts?  drop me a line and let me know please. thank you.

I always karma level-headed posts. Please keep your views clean and respect other members' posts in my thread, no matter how ridiculous.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6586|Your attic
xfire = MSN for gamers, far from perfect, but not too shabby at all.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
I think X-fire is a very good way to see if people you know are online, but it's not the best for communicating in game.
doneyone
+30|6551|Holland Hardcore
I always use skype but with the Alt+tab thing not working so well with 2142 i think i have to switch to xfire. I used it some time ago to test it but the sound quality was so poor that we started using skype again.

Last edited by doneyone (2006-10-26 05:20:25)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
The sound quality on X-Fire can be very good but you have to commit a lot of your bandwidth to it to acheive it.

Teamspeak is way better for comms.
Deadman
+34|6438|England
It's great at keeping track of people, but only if they turn their xfire on! Problem is you can't really search.
We use it for voice comms, good for 3 or so people, but not comparable to TeamSpeak.
CrazeD
+368|6668|Maine
Why would you use X-fire for voice communication, when you could so much more easily download and run a TS server for free, and have unlimited people connect and have superb voice quality?
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6674|In You Endo- Stoke
I think its great, alot of work mates and friends use it.I mainly use it for talking to them or joining there bf2 servers they are in.

Not used it for comms,probally would use teamspeak or ventrillo if i had too.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6614|Manitowoc, WI
Being the best doesn't nessicarily make it great.  Your pole is flawed.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6537|Doncaster UK
xfire coms were fantastic until i found teamspeak, far superior, now i just wish i had 2 monitors so no more alt tab!

edit talking about team speak servers THANKS again KNIGHTUK!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-10-26 05:39:37)

CrazeD
+368|6668|Maine

mavrick 3399 wrote:

xfire coms were fantastic until i found teamspeak, far superior, now i just wish i had 2 monitors so no more alt tab!
Why do you need to alt+tab to use teamspeak?
mavrick 3399
+102|6537|Doncaster UK

CrazeD wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

have to alt tab to change rooms and mute/ban people set up new users accounts stuff like that.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6594|S.C.
For me no, because I have no friends.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6771|WC
XFire is Ubercrap, it lags when i shoot someone ingame, then i die, i hate xfire!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK

mavrick 3399 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

have to alt tab to change rooms and mute/ban people set up new users accounts stuff like that.
Or as I like to put it "KICK THE ANNOYING FUCKER!"
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6702|67.222.138.85
XFire is an excellent way to find your friends server, honestly I don't think it could be better. It isn't really meant for communicating in game though, short of the nifty pop-up text function. I prefer using it over aim or msn, it tells you alot more subtely who is messaging you and doesn't pop over your current window.
mavrick 3399
+102|6537|Doncaster UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Or as I like to put it "KICK THE ANNOYING FUCKER!"
all i can say to that is BYE BYE FIREWALL/SEAWEEDSPIT13

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-10-26 05:54:52)

CrazeD
+368|6668|Maine

mavrick 3399 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

That's why they make passwords, and you only give it to your friends. You shouldn't have to kick/ban your friends.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6729|Oslo, Norway
Since I do not know of anything similar, yes.
mavrick 3399
+102|6537|Doncaster UK

CrazeD wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

That's why they make passwords, and you only give it to your friends. You shouldn't have to kick/ban your friends.
oh you dont know our friends sometimes you have too. try searching for some of seaweedspit13 post you will understand why we have to alt tab and why he is banned from bf2s!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
He's right. If I didn't know better I'd swear blind that The Magic Mullet is Seaweedspit13 reincarnate.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6447|Bradford UK

BolvisOculus wrote:

Being the best doesn't nessicarily make it great.  Your pole is flawed.
I stated that this is my biased view and that I wanted other opinions, its not really flawed, its just my biased view.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6392|Indianapolis, IN
XFire handle = misconfiguration hit me up we'll play sometime!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6674|In You Endo- Stoke

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

He's right. If I didn't know better I'd swear blind that The Magic Mullet is Seaweedspit13 reincarnate.
LOL mr fruit loop and can tell you he ain't seaweed thingy as Mullet is his ingame name "The_Magic_Mullet.
I know cus he only started playing cus alot of us play bf2.

Oh and me and mullet played against you last week on jahalabad infantry only server.

Xfire is the dog's danglys for me,i hate msn always interupted me ingame at least i can talk to people when i am ingame.Don't tend to use teamspeak,they should of done it like CS and had it built in but within the squads.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Xfire is something everyone who plays games online should use.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard