Spiderman696
+12|6665
Did you realize. Your unlocked items are not always on the same weapon slot (activation key). I think it is quite stupid, that it depends on the combination of your selection.
Example: The motion mine from the engineere is sometimes on the nr 6 and sometimes on the nr 5 (or what you defined in the settings), depending on your second item.
I think they should change the key settings:

Just one key for each weapon (knife, pistol, main weapon) and one key for the LEFT SLOT and one for the RIGHT SLOT. Not the item should be bound to a key but the slot in your screen where you customize your soldier.

What do you think? I think this would be the best and easyies way.
tupla_s
+455|6611|Finland
Yep, it's annoying  sometimes when you get wrong weapon in your hand
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6663|Ohio
Well ive always used the wheel which ive been criticized for, so I dont have that problem.

The day is mine, Trebeck!
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica
There is 1 problem with this.  If DICE had assigned, for example, the tier 1 unlocks to slot 6 and the tier 3 unlocks to slot 5, what happens when you want to use 2 tier 1 unlocks?  Its annoying but they couldn't do it any other way.
Spiderman696
+12|6665

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

There is 1 problem with this.  If DICE had assigned, for example, the tier 1 unlocks to slot 6 and the tier 3 unlocks to slot 5, what happens when you want to use 2 tier 1 unlocks?  Its annoying but they couldn't do it any other way.
No. Not the tier/class 1 unlock and the tier/class 3 unlock to a key each.
I did mean the two slots where you put your item to, durig a match.  You have the spawn screen, and there you can modify your soldier. And to do this, you have two slots where you can put items to.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica
So your saying that the left slot should be slot 6 and the right slot should be slot 5? (or vice versa)  I agree with that, but the weapons themselves cannot have a slot assigned to them.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6862|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Grenades at 7 is too far away from my left hand IMO.
doc. josh
+48|6564
yea the 5 and 6 key is way to far away 4 me when using shot gun attach ment i always get gilled just switching to it
Hallvard
+262|6541|North Norway

1 = knife
2 = pistol
3 = main weapon
4 = ammo/medic/wrench etc.
5 = left unlock slot
6 = right unlock slot
7 = grenades
8 = squadleader unlocks

Last edited by kmjnhb (2006-10-25 16:27:12)

Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6694|Kingswood Country

kmjnhb wrote:

1 = knife
2 = pistol
3 = main weapon
5 = left unlock slot
6 = right unlock slot
7 = grenades
8 = squadleader unlocks
Yeah - I'll probably stick with that. Will probably swap the 4 and 7 on my keyboard though, as the resupplying option can wait longer for my finger to reach it than grenades button.

jedi edit mind trick: no fuck up occured here. move along please. I may actually know where the slots assign if I am ever allowed to get a promotion via EA.

Last edited by Ekfud (2006-10-25 20:12:49)

Hallvard
+262|6541|North Norway

what I posted is the default
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6780|Internet!
Gotta agree. If I use a basic assault rifle and either attachment, my Defibrillator is slot 6. If I use the Voss/Baur/Smoke Grenade, the Defibrillator is slot 5. Confusing as hell.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6734|MoVal, Southern California

Kanil wrote:

Gotta agree. If I use a basic assault rifle and either attachment, my Defibrillator is slot 6. If I use the Voss/Baur/Smoke Grenade, the Defibrillator is slot 5. Confusing as hell.
I totally agree. i'm so used to the BF2 keybinds. I get frustrated when i try to whip out my rifle attachment and actually pull out my defib, then get shot in the face. I still can't get used to it.
Also, i hate switching my fire mode to single shot on accident.. silly me.
deanspeedway
+0|6741

Kanil wrote:

I've noticed this as well (with Assault). The keys for attachment/ defib switch when you change between basic and Baur rifles. And that is without altering the other slots on your customise screen.
That  is a very illogical way for the game to be set up.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6674|Brisbane, Australia

Just swap the controls around, if you dont like grenades at 7, set weapon slot 7 to something more desirable!

I know I am
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6566
I actually use the buttons on my G5 now. I have the thumb button as grenades, scroll wheel left as knife, scroll wheel right as pistol, scroll wheel click down is rifle.

I usually end up using the thumb button the most, I can hit 1,2,3 on my keyboard well enough.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6458|canada

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Well ive always used the wheel which ive been criticized for, so I dont have that problem.

Im a roller to!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6798|Great Brown North

INFERNO552 wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Im a roller to!
as am i, rollers unite!
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6779

kmjnhb wrote:

1 = knife
2 = pistol
3 = main weapon
5 = left unlock slot
6 = right unlock slot
7 = grenades
8 = squadleader unlocks
Not quite true. Try using the Baur, AED-6 and PK-74 rocket launcher. Rocket will be on 6 and the AED on 5. Now swap the Baur for a Krylov or Scar, and the AED and PK74 will swap places.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6552|Denmizzark!!

PBAsydney wrote:

Grenades at 7 is too far away from my left hand IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard