B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6989|Cologne, Germany

oh well, since the news obviously broke, I can tell you that forum re-structuring will hopefully be done today, and the new BF2142 section should be up and running by 8 pm german time. If Jeff finds the time, that is

Once the new section is up, I'll make the "official" announcement, and place a couple of stickies.
Let's try to keep the new topics to a minimum, if we can.

- sticky for admin list / "Executive Decision"
- sticky for server rules
- sticky for admin complaints
- a game talk topic
- a chatter topic
- a meeting point topic

At the same time, the BF2 section will undergo major reconstruction and clean-up, since we probably won't have a BF2 server after the first of march 2007. From then on, the BF2 section will most likely serve as a meeting point for those members of the community who still play BF2, with a list of favourite public servers, game talk and chatter threads, and a meeting point thread.

We will transfer the larger topics to the new subsection though, at least that is my wish.

did I forget anything ?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6904|Hell, p.o box 666

the praise Slayer and B.Schuss topic
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898
Only God Praises Slayer!
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6820|The Real World

Well with the breaking news i've finally bit the bullet and ordered a copy. So hope to see you all in the future in a day or 2 (wanted DVD not ea download).
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6694|Doncaster, UK
Yay, I'll have to find some time this weekend to get on and get raped by you guys.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Yay, I'll have to find some time this weekend to get on and get raped by you guys.
You are MORE than welcome after giving us a place to play on your server.
Slayer
---hates you

Doc you got PM!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6694|Doncaster, UK

theDude5B wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

You are MORE than welcome after giving us a place to play on your server.
You guys were all more than welcome on the server. It made for a fantastic night. I'll be trying to get some time in this weekend so hopefully I'll be seeing you guys on the BF2S:EU server.

EDIT: Thanks for the info Sl4y3r, see you guys in there. Suppose I'd better get some work done now.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-12-08 01:59:36)

B.Schuss

could someone fill me in on DoctorFruitloops's server IP please ?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6694|Doncaster, UK
Hi B.Schuss, It's the [netsas] server that Knight'UK was kind enough to let me have admin rights to.

The IP is 85.236.101.22:16867. It's a 32 slot server so not too big but if you ever fancy a break from the main EU server and want one setting up specifically for a night of fun just let me know and I'll be happy to set the server settings accordingly.
Hallvard
+262|6670|North Norway

no more bf2 eu server? when that happen I will never play bf2 again
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898

kmjnhb wrote:

I will still play bf2 if ever there is anyone in the BF2 section of TS. But we will just need to find a random server somewhere and then play there.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6776|IRELAND

A few nice games lastnight. Sorry couldn't work with TS and kept being AFK. My wee boy must have puked and shit twice his own body weight last night. I remember the_dude saying "jahman's just standing their doing nothing" at that point I was being puked on. lol.
Should be comforting to know, I stayed on the server while covered in puke. Now thats dedication and only went for a shower when you all left!!!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898
HAHA!

Yeah I was wondering why you were not talking or even chatting through the squad chat so didnt know what the hell was going on. Thought you were just ignoring us or maybe you could not hear what we were saying.

edit:

lets see if i can reach 400 karma today!

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-12-08 04:17:09)

B.Schuss

kmjnhb wrote:

well, it just seems the majority of the bf2s.com EU server community has switched to BF2142.

That's why we went for a BF2142 server and why we most likely will not continue the bf2s.com EU BF2 server in 2007.

But we have not forgotten where we come from. There will always be a BF2 channel on TS, for everyone who wants to play BF2. Simply join the BF2 channel, and agree on a public server to play on. With the low numbers of people playing BF2 lately, this approach is way more practical than having to sit on an empty bf2s.com EU BF2 server for hours, and never getting a game going.

I for sure will continue to play BF2, and the community surely doesn't depend on a server of its own.
You can still get together with the guys and have a match, enough servers out there.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6771|EU

B.Schuss wrote:

oh well, since the news obviously broke, I can tell you that forum re-structuring will hopefully be done today, and the new BF2142 section should be up and running by 8 pm german time. If Jeff finds the time, that is

Once the new section is up, I'll make the "official" announcement, and place a couple of stickies.

- a game talk topic
- a chatter topic
- a meeting point topic

At the same time, the BF2 section will undergo major reconstruction and clean-up, since we probably won't have a BF2 server after the first of march 2007. From then on, the BF2 section will most likely serve as a meeting point for those members of the community who still play BF2, with a list of favourite public servers, game talk and chatter threads, and a meeting point thread.

We will transfer the larger topics to the new subsection though, at least that is my wish.

did I forget anything ?
R.I.P
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6876|Germany

It is a fact, maybe a sad fact, but still a fact, that the server has been almost empty for several weeks now, so it has been quite useless...

However, I won't stop playing BF2 just because of the BF2 server not beeing there anymore. Bf2 can be fun on other servers, too. Especially because you can not even spot boats in 2142...
Slayer
---hates you

Knife&Pistol public servers ftw

BACK TO TOPIC NOW..... ok please
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6617

B.Schuss wrote:

- a game talk topic
- a chatter topic
- a meeting point topic

did I forget anything ?
May I ask, Why do we need another chatter topic?

Anyways... I will still continue to play BF2 since my friends play it. And, I still think BF2 is better than 2142. Sad that no one else seems to be eager to play it with me.

And since Slayer wants us to keep on topic:
Had fun yesterday even though my mic was dead. Though mapcycle was kinda... self repeating. At the last of rounds I played the roofs of Belgrade proved to be great places... Winegum, that's where we killed you from.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898
I had one good round on Gibraltar with everyone last night. Myself, NooBesT and Trent kept using the "secret" passage to get behind enemy lines, then attack from the rear. Managed to get about 35 - 8 k/d on one of the rounds, but then i just started to play really badly and superfly killed me loads (he is no longer my brother or friend).
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6709|Southampton, UK

theDude5B wrote:

I had one good round on Gibraltar with everyone last night. Myself, NooBesT and Trent kept using the "secret" passage to get behind enemy lines, then attack from the rear. Managed to get about 35 - 8 k/d on one of the rounds, but then i just started to play really badly and superfly killed me loads (he is no longer my brother or friend).
Brother's in arms? You betrayed him... All for your pathetic 3 man team behind enemy lines

@NooBest - Give me a call and i'm up for a game...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6880|St. Andrews / Oslo

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

- a game talk topic
- a chatter topic
- a meeting point topic

did I forget anything ?
May I ask, Why do we need another chatter topic?
I agree... One chatter topic is enough imo...

We never talk about the games anyway

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-12-08 07:39:16)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6898
come on people, I am never going to reach 400 before the end of the day at this rate!

On Topic:

Knightnifer, he betrayed me! He broke the Unwritten rules, HE KILLED theDude5b ! He will go to hell for his sins!
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6617

theDude5B wrote:

come on people, I am never going to reach 400 before the end of the day at this rate!

On Topic:

Knightnifer, he betrayed me! He broke the Unwritten rules, HE KILLED theDude5b ! He will go to hell for his sins!
Don't whine, I won't reach my 100 either.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6891|Topside

Wow NooBesT took the lead over Dude pretty fast.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard