rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6576

CameronPoe wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

And still no one has come out and said fuck chevy for making this commercial. I can count the IQ level of my fellow Americans on one fucking hand!
Surely you should be commendıng Chevy for doıng somethıng extremely amerıcan, extremely capıtalıstıc - tryıng to suck ın a partıcular target market from other competıtors. No?
I for one have zero problem with the commercial. I have a problem with my fellow Americans bashing my ancestral people for something that Chevy did.
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6629|yourmomshouse
I hear you... I don't press 2 for spanish , and I drive a xcv70 volvo wagon .  If I drove a truck it wouldn't be a Chevetos . Does it come with a igloo cooler , and Jeasus stickers on the headlights??? Well atleast the bus stops will look clean on my way to work now that they got new Chevetos....
EVieira
+105|6494|Lutenblaag, Molvania
Bullshit? Hehehe, not really. Its called capitalism. America didn't invent it, but sure as hell perfected it. If Chevy made a comercial in Spanish during a world series gam, its because there is some damn good money to be made selling pickups to muchachos.

Its really funny to see you people get so worked up by tasting your own poison, after all this is the same capitalism that makes US the largest economy in the world...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Phantom2828
+51|6544|Land of the free

JP3 wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Ty wrote:

It's amazing how people kid themselves how tolerant they are.
We have ads in Maori here. My school qualification certificate was in Maori, and most Maori don't speak Maori!
You get over it. It dosn't matter. It's just a show that they are diverse.

Why are you pissed off by this? It's an ad you can't understand, Hell, MOST ads I don't understand. Did you know that Chevy didn't just sell their cars to english-speaking Americans? Yeah! Shock horror! There's nothing wrong with advertising in the language of the minority. Sure you want get the message from the ad heir running, that's the company's loss, why be outraged? The fact that a simple thing like an ad can awaken such anger in you suggests that, (and I don't want to use this word,) you are incredibly racist.

I am honestly disgusted.
Wow, this has NOTHING to do with RACE. it has everything to do with the fact that A. we live IN FUCKING AMERICA B. Congress JUST DECLARED english, the LANGUAGE of the nation. C. IF they want to run spanish ADS  RUN THEM in spanish speaking countries. D. Chevy just contradicted themselves. E. i understood it, and i was offended by it. E. im not racist.
Actually, I think this post combined with your first, pretty much seals the deal.  You sir, are officially a racist.  Here's your membership card, your white hood, and your horse.  Cross burnings are ever third thursday of each month, and if show your member card at Urban Outfitters they'll give you 20% off all housewares.
https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/55/racecardai0.jpg
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

no gusta!
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6668
What the fuck that is bullshit. I'll be god damned if all our commercials become spanish.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina
Yo quiero Taco Bell.
EVieira

Naughty_Om wrote:

Ty wrote:

We have ads in Maori here. My school qualification certificate was in Maori, and most Maori don't speak Maori!

Why are you pissed off by this? It's an ad you can't understand, Hell, MOST ads I don't understand. Did you know that Chevy didn't just sell their cars to english-speaking Americans? Yeah! Shock horror! There's nothing wrong with advertising in the language of the minority. Sure you want get the message from the ad heir running, that's the company's loss, why be outraged? The fact that a simple thing like an ad can awaken such anger in you suggests that, (and I don't want to use this word,) you are incredibly racist.

I am honestly disgusted.
Wow, this has NOTHING to do with RACE. it has everything to do with the fact that A. we live IN FUCKING AMERICA B. Congress JUST DECLARED english, the LANGUAGE of the nation. C. IF they want to run spanish ADS  RUN THEM in spanish speaking countries. D. Chevy just contradicted themselves. E. i understood it, and i was offended by it. E. im not racist.
Geez its funny how you people are getting hyped about some comercial. Your schools TEACH spanish to you kids!!! I have two american nieces, they both take spanish in school...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6649|USA

EVieira wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Ty wrote:

I am honestly disgusted.
Geez its funny how you people are getting hyped about some comercial. Your schools TEACH spanish to you kids!!! I have two american nieces, they both take spanish in school...
Its called an elective.
EVieira

Naughty_Om wrote:

EVieira wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Its called an elective.
Still, its there. And anyway, if I'm correct latinos are actually a political force. They have a significant number of votes which some of your politicians specifically target. Even illegals can vote in the US, right? That comercial just pisses people off because it throws in their face something that is too late to be stopped...
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6649|USA
illegals cant vote, You have to be a U.S. Citizen/ resident to vote. ANd im fine with the legals. ITs the illegals that think they are above the law that piss me off. And the Ad, yea, your right, its a big language. But i would rather see the ads in english because its america. its our language. We have telemundo for a reason.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina
The future of America, for better or worse, is bilinguality.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6566|Southeastern USA

Naughty_Om wrote:

illegals cant vote, You have to be a U.S. Citizen/ resident to vote. ANd im fine with the legals. ITs the illegals that think they are above the law that piss me off. And the Ad, yea, your right, its a big language. But i would rather see the ads in english because its america. its our language. We have telemundo for a reason.
ooooOOOOOOHHH YEAH THEY CAN!!! they're not supposed to, but they sure as hell do, maybe ATG or someone can tell me the name of the rep in southern cali that got elected with more voters than they had registered in her district, when investigations began the ACLU and everyone jumped in shouting VOTER DISCRIMINATION!!! RACISM!!!! and it became too hot a potatoe to be pursued (one of the reasons i got pissed at my repub leadership) why else do you think so many democrat and hispanic cultural organizations are so vehemently opposed to voter ID? my god, what could be worse than having to prove you're a voter on election day, even Hitler would think that a wee extreme.
beerface702
+65|6709|las vegas

lowing wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

lowing wrote:

No they came to the largest English speaking country in the world.
And what did they speak before the English got there or is that different?

Go start a thread about how the Indians got fucked....I will post agreeing with you.........This thread is for, the yet, another piece of evidence that we are slowly loosing our country to invaders from Mexico.

The WORLD SERIES!!!!!!...IS NOTHING SACRID ANYMORE???
not if we legalize polygamy!
capt. crunch
+8|6465|that place
Now this makes me wonder...do they have English commercials on Spanish stations??? Seriously why the fuck would someone that could not speak English, watch TV in English? I do no not know any kind of Spanish and don't watch their television shows...?
Earl_SwaggerJr.
+2|6405|Louisiana
Since 3rd grade geography class you have heard America hailed as a melting pot of nations. America is proudly comprised of people from all over the world. How can you truly be offended by a commercial that is in Spanish? There is an ever increasing number of Spanish speaking natives in this country besides the first generation immigrants. I know the argument involves the World Series and probably has some undertones of, "Thats as American as apple pie" connotations. However what is more American than the embracing of other cultures. Cause like it or not we ARE a melting pot of nations, and Latin influence is a very strong force within that pot.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6566|Southeastern USA
spanish speaking natives? you almost got it right swagger, America is supposed to be a melting pot, but more and more the hispanic community is segregating itself and trying to force the legals to cater to their whims, if they're so concerned about blending in, why are they forcing tax payer money to pay for spanish only schools full of illegal's children? why do they march and protest under mexican flags? why do they riot when mayors have the audacity to take down the mexican flag in cities in the southwest and fly american flags?
Earl_SwaggerJr.
+2|6405|Louisiana

kr@cker wrote:

spanish speaking natives? you almost got it right swagger, America is supposed to be a melting pot, but more and more the Hispanic community is segregating itself and trying to force the legals to cater to their whims, if they're so concerned about blending in, why are they forcing tax payer money to pay for Spanish only schools full of illegals children? why do they march and protest under Mexican flags? why do they riot when mayors have the audacity to take down the Mexican flag in cities in the southwest and fly American flags?
You can't justifiably generalize a portion of a minority that is outspoken. You have look at the minority as a whole and make your judgment. I am not saying that I agree with all that this group does or that. Moreover, I am commenting on the original post concerning a Spanish commercial nothing more.

Last edited by Earl_SwaggerJr. (2006-11-01 06:46:50)

EVieira

Earl_SwaggerJr. wrote:

Since 3rd grade geography class you have heard America hailed as a melting pot of nations. America is proudly comprised of people from all over the world. How can you truly be offended by a commercial that is in Spanish? There is an ever increasing number of Spanish speaking natives in this country besides the first generation immigrants. I know the argument involves the World Series and probably has some undertones of, "Thats as American as apple pie" connotations. However what is more American than the embracing of other cultures. Cause like it or not we ARE a melting pot of nations, and Latin influence is a very strong force within that pot.
America USED to be a melting pot. When America actually invited imigrants for their cheap labor, or when the country had so much land and needed imigrants to populate the land. Now that the melting pot has been boiling so long its become a very even mixture. The Latino influence that is taking a grater shape now looks more like an oil and vinegar mixture...
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6710|San Francisco
Hey Naughty_OM...provide a link proving that H.CON.RES.9 was passed before you start yelling that English is our national language. 

Every time it's been brought up in Congress for the past few years, it's been shoved down to the Education Reform subcommittee and has NEVER made it to the actual floor.

Now, S.2611 WAS passed in the Senate, but the House has yet to look at it, meaning that the full amendment has NOT been passed.

Therefore, being multilingual in this country prevails.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard