usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6786

I was playing karkland, on the US side, and was in the MEC outskirts base running around killing people, and a few guys started bitching at me and calling me "cheap."  So I started to think that maybe it is cheap, but then I justified it by saying that the US has no "secure" spawn point on the map and that the MEC has three.  I know the US starts off with all the flags, but most of the time when you spawn you are under fire.  So I thought that it was only fair to have them under fire when they spawn.  Is that cheap?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6795|AUS, Canberra
i think you got yourmaps mixed up there abit...us has one secure karkand base and mec has none, plus mec starets with all the capable flags.

sharqi maybe?

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2005-11-20 00:38:16)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6786

My bad, I meant Sharqi.  Sorry.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6868|Bryan/College Station, TX
Sharqi Peninsula is what you mean in this.

https://www.totalbf2.com/game/maps/images/sharqi64.jpg

The state of the map is that the USMC is supposed to be at a disadvantage and that the MEC will most likely win a majority of the time. Many people go down to the middle MEC uncap base to steal the tank, vehicles or to blow up their artillery. Of course the same thing happens to the south MEC base to blow up UAV, Radar or steal the MEC Attack Chopper. Few go to the top MEC base to steal the APC.

On this map people going into the uncappable bases and killing other people happens all the time. Yes it may be a little cheap and irritating but if you are on foot and doing this I don't have a problem with it because that takes quite a bit of skill. It's when someone is down there with a tankor apc just banging away at people. That's when it gets really old.

But remember the USMC will lose this map most of the time even with a good team. The MEC just keep coming and unless they suck horribly they will have an advantage through sheer numbers in one area or because the US can't defended against all attackers unless they spread their guys thinly across each flag point. That of course would require teamwork...
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6786

I do go there on foot as an engineer, lay down some mines, then run around with my shotgun.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6853|Grapevine, TX
Hey Marine, no excuses, no regrets. You do what you were trained to do...
If that's what you want to do? Do it, but accomplished the mission. And have fun doing it

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2005-11-20 01:35:37)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6786

Thanks man, I just believe in killing the enemy no matter where they are.  And yes, I enjoy running around like a dumbass shooting people.
Silk05
+0|6764|Christchurch, New Zealand
I dont find this a major problem at all. I dont think it is cheap either, if it causes the MEC to divert some units to deal with you then it makes things a bit easier on the guys defending the flags. I agree that on foot is the way to do it though.
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6791|Arizona
One time I was on Kubra Dam as MEC.  We had all points, and the US only had their uncapable point.  So...yeah, I roll in there and kill them a few times...I'm not gonna sit back and give a chance to let them grab a point and expand.  We were winning...and you have to do what you can to win in my opinion.   ...then I was kicked by admin, cuz he was on US side...and didn't like me too much.
odessaman
+0|6803
I agree, people tend to complain when youre winning and their losing. Doesn't matter what your doing they will complain. So, Go for it.

odessaman

Silk05 wrote:

I dont find this a major problem at all. I dont think it is cheap either, if it causes the MEC to divert some units to deal with you then it makes things a bit easier on the guys defending the flags. I agree that on foot is the way to do it though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard