SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6673|Finland

Turquoise wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

This was probably true during the Middle Ages, but Islam tops them now.
Probably?

And lets say you're right about Islam being the nastiest, there is still some pretty twisted sh*t among christians too. Pedophile priests are in my book below suicide bombing terrorists.

This is controversial too: the Man

PS. I'm not saying Bush equals a terrorist, yet.
True, I shouldn't have said "probably."  I still classify suicide bombers as worse than pedophile priests, but we are splitting hairs here.

I think the bulk of this issue is that there are far more suicide bombers out there than pedophile priests.  I'm no fan of the Catholic Church, but I don't have to worry about them trying to kill me or our soldiers.

As for Bush being a terrorist...  I think he's a tyrant, but that's a bit different.  He's not a dictator, but he is an overbearing and ignorant president.
An agreement we have.
im_in_heaven
+27|6741

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Christianity and its followers have been (and still are IMO) equal or even worse trouble makers as any other world religion.
So no first stone for the Christians!
This was probably true during the Middle Ages, but Islam tops them now.
Probably?

And lets say you're right about Islam being the nastiest, there is still some pretty twisted sh*t among christians too. Pedophile priests are in my book below suicide bombing terrorists.

This is controversial too: the Man

PS. I'm not saying Bush equals a terrorist, yet.
Dont talk about pedophiles being christians. Of course people of all religions are messed up. Did you knwo that in iran they are allowed to marry at 9 years old? But noooo thats not pedophilia. Also im not confusing mount zion with the mount of olives. Mount of olives is different.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6673|Finland

im_in_heaven wrote:

Dont talk about pedophiles being christians.
Christian priests are not Christians?
They are supposed to be the ones settings the standards, NOT have their way with choir boys!

im_in_heaven wrote:

Of course people of all religions are messed up.
On this we agree.
im_in_heaven
+27|6741

SpaceApollyon wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

They are supposed to be the ones settings the standards, NOT have their way with choir boys!

im_in_heaven wrote:

On this we agree.
Dont take things out of  context. Read the whole thing.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6754|Sydney City, THE city.

herrr_smity wrote:

jew are evil they killed jesus
Sure we did. We had and have the right to execute our own people for criminal reasons. Jesus was Jewish. We can kill our own, when we deem them to have done something against us, criminal, and in any form, betraying.

I strongly recommend removing the word "evil" from your post. This is racist, and easily contradicts the rules of the forums.

Last edited by BattlefieldMedic (2006-10-30 01:27:14)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6714
Not if he's talking about those who ascribe to Judaeism............which I highly doubt he was.

Jesus commited no crime, certainly none deserving of death.  Unless you want to defend the Iranians and Kim Jong Il, I suggest you try a different line of argument.
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6754|Sydney City, THE city.

Bubbalo wrote:

Jesus commited no crime, certainly none deserving of death.  Unless you want to defend the Iranians and Kim Jong Il, I suggest you try a different line of argument.
If you could find me a single culture, nation or civilized state, which, at that time, did not not use the death penalty, I would be extremely surprised. If in England during the 1800s people were hung for steeling jewelery or bread, I can easily see Jews executing Jesus for betraying people of his own religion and country and rising up against them, trying to destroy them from within.

I also find it interesting the way in which people commonly take the "fact" that "Jews killed Jesus" without really learning more about it, as a fact. In fact, his death was decreed by a Roman, for at that time, Judea was all but a state, province, of Rome. Ponti Pilat was the governor of Judea at the time, and was the on who ordered the death of Jesus Christ. In fact, they lived in the same town. Caesarea. And there was the synagogue in which Jesus prayed, and secretly, discussed his creation of Christianity. All the Jews did, was place him on a cross, in the Judean Desert, and executed him. Under the order of a higher ranked official.

Last edited by BattlefieldMedic (2006-10-30 01:50:50)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6714
Ah, no.  Pilate was visiting, and even he said that Jesus was innocent.  He allowed Jesus to be killed because he didn't want an uprising.  Having said that, all executions had to be carried out by Romans, so he killed him.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6673|Finland

im_in_heaven wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

On this we agree.
OK, I read the whole thing.
If a nine year old child gets married in Iran because his/hers parents arrange such a thing, is it pedophilia?
Not automatically. Only if the other party is an adult, then yes. They have laws in Iran against pedophilia, for which the sentence is death by hanging and such.

Why are you talking about marriages in Iran in the first place? An Iranian arranged marriage is hardly comparable with an Christian priest molesting a child/children under his control!

You say to me: Dont talk about pedophiles being Christians.
I say to you: Some of the worst pedophiles have been CHRISTIAN priests, and I sure as "beeb" will keep talking about it, as long as you keep denying it!
im_in_heaven
+27|6741

SpaceApollyon wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

On this we agree.
If a nine year old child gets married in Iran because his/hers parents arrange such a thing, is it pedophilia?
Not automatically. Only if the other party is an adult, then yes. They have laws in Iran against pedophilia, for which the sentence is death by hanging and such.

Why are you talking about marriages in Iran in the first place? An Iranian arranged marriage is hardly comparable with an Christian priest molesting a child/children under his control!

I say to you: Some of the worst pedophiles have been CHRISTIAN priests, and I sure as "beeb" will keep talking about it, as long as you keep denying it!
So your saying if the parents allow a 9 year old to marry a man then its not pedophilia? OHHH ok seek help quickly. Secondly, I dont think there is a "worst pedophile". Molesting a kid is molesting a kid. I dont deny there arent priest who are pedophiles. I just said dont talk about christians being pedophiles when every religion hsa pedophiles. NOW STOP TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT for the second time.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

im_in_heaven wrote:

SpaceApollyon wrote:

im_in_heaven wrote:

So your saying if the parents allow a 9 year old to marry a man then its not pedophilia? OHHH ok seek help quickly.
That's not what he said.

SpaceApollyon wrote:

Not automatically. Only if the other party is an adult, then yes.
That's what he said.

It's only paedophillia if an adult is involved, I agree with him.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6673|Finland

im_in_heaven wrote:

Secondly, I dont think there is a "worst pedophile". Molesting a kid is molesting a kid. I dont deny there arent priest who are pedophiles. I just said dont talk about christians being pedophiles when every religion hsa pedophiles. NOW STOP TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT for the second time.
What is this context of yours, please do explain.

Molesting a kid is molesting a kid, YES. No disagreement there. What I meant by "worst" are the cases when the church knows that they have a pedophile priest and still let him practice his perversion! Approval from a cardinal!

Denial and concealment: that was (is) the attitude and procedure of the Christian church in these cases.
Father John Geoghan
Father James Porter

Some context for you about the cases above.

How can the church think that they can study and decide if a pedophile is still a pedophile? Isn't it obvious to everyone, that if such accusations come up, ITS a job for the POLICE. How arrogant it is to think, that they can decide for themselves. If it had been any other institution than the church, they would have been crushed by the society around them.

You say again that I shouldn't talk about Christian being pedophiles, because other religions have them too. WTF?

I have been talking about pedophile Christian PRIESTS, not religious people in general!
I guess the big deal for me here is this: these men should be examples of the pure life that they preach. The institution of church is supposedly about spiritually. And still when one of their own falls from the path, they dint have the strength to deal with it! And if they have no strength in that, they have no real strength at all.

The lowness of other religions and their ways is no excuse! Pots and kettles, they're all black!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6682|Global Command

Bertster7 wrote:

It's only paedophillia if an adult is involved, I agree with him.
Me and kr@cker died together thanks to a cunfused pothead.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina
If you are interested in the Middle East read this.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-11-21 17:03:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard