Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6789|Long Island
first, would just like to say thanks for making a bf2142 help section.  Second, i have posted a topic on this but it didn't get solved, and i searched and didn't find anything, so here it is:

even if you have a good pc, why do you get bad performance in bf2142?  My specs:

Asus P5LD2-VM Motherboard
2 gig ram
Intel P4 dual core 3.4 ghz processor
ATI Radeon x1900xt series video card
7200 rpm 200gig hard drive (forgot model)
Onboard sound

I have the graphic settings in game with everything on medium except texture and texture filtering, which are both on high and Anti Aliasing on 2x.  Enhanced lighting effects are on.  My sound settings are on medium also.  With these settings, I get around 40 fps

my computer is free of spyware and viruses and i regularly defrag the hard drive.  As a matter of fact,I have only around 25% of my hard drive used.  Any tips to improve the performance?

Last edited by Slickdawg8 (2006-10-23 12:31:21)

Bilco
+3|6685|Northamptonshire UK
seems to me like you got a good rig, one way to improve performance might be to change HD to SATAII or maybe get some more RAM. I got SLi with 2x256Mb 7900GT cards with graphics on max and a dual core 4400+ AMD with 4Gb RAM, runs fine on my system.
RifledZen
+1|6419
I dont know if this will help but I have an ATI x1600 245mb card and when I use ATI catalyst drivers my performance in BF2 and 2142 is awful.  Try using omega's drivers for ATI cards they work a lot better.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6789|Long Island
yea, maybe the drivers...i was using the official ati drivers but i switched to the xtreme g drivers from tweaksrus.com and no luck.   I'll try omega's and hope that works.  thanks
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6789|Long Island

Bilco wrote:

seems to me like you got a good rig, one way to improve performance might be to change HD to SATAII or maybe get some more RAM. I got SLi with 2x256Mb 7900GT cards with graphics on max and a dual core 4400+ AMD with 4Gb RAM, runs fine on my system.
and my hard drive is sataII i think, sataII is the cable right?
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6491|Kentucky
ya   DONT PLAY IT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard