elmo1337
Banned
+186|6569|The real world

samfink wrote:

died................ oh, you mean my first round playing BF2 against bots? died, capped flags, diedseverla more times. then I realised I actually had to shoot the bots, hen I learned aim. then went online, and the whole bloody process started again.i'm still at the aiming stage.
Samfink, I respect you.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6651|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
samfinks stats make me smile. even when i'm self harming.
Ryjoen
Banned
+10|6407|In your uncaps
made some cookies
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6729|Las Vegas
Fixed:

Ryjoen wrote:

made some cookies......in my pants.....they were sugar free.....
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6422|Michigan, USA

yeah, I can't remember much of anything beyond that I died.  A lot.  I was so proud when I got a purple heart.  Now that I think back I don't think I should've been proud of a purple heart, but at the time, it was an award for getting some kills amongst all my deaths.

Edit: My grammar sucks occasionally.

Last edited by commandochristian (2006-10-23 19:31:59)

adv3rsary
+28|6725
i cant remember what i did last night, muchless a year ago
KtotheIMMY
+513|6773
I probably died a lot. I don't remember.
johnsmokinblunts
pwner stoner
+12|6656|dont worry about it
stat padded
Wille
+3|6650|Finland
I did play Songhua Stalemate. I don`t remember did i play unranked or ranked server it doesn`t mutter
Flakturnal
+21|6451|Perth,WA
Oman, strictly defending the construction site, Used to take it very personally when the flag got taken, but not without a fight. Mostly as Spec OPs but not for long when I realized demo kids are a borderline retarded compared to fullversion kids, they'd see me coming a mile away.
That was only after trying a gazillion clan servers who promptly kicked me before I found public ones who seemed to appreciate my 4 figure pings.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6819|Marathon, Florida Keys
Fushee pass-- got in a f18 and pwnzored the first 2 rounds ^_^ of course i dident know it was a unranked server
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Afrika_18
+26|6552
I tk'd about 7 guys until I got kicked.  I don't do it so much anymore, but when I first got the game, it was all about being a smaktard for me.  The whole anonymity thing.  I was like a kid at the fucking candy store man.  I'd talk smak, tk, do anything to get under the other guys skin.  Every now and then I still get the urge, but I keep my smaktard activities limited to the demo, or to other smaktards in regular bf2.  Nowadays, I'm pretty easy to get along with and don't initiate any griefing.
kaptainflam
+2|6724
I didn't understand that red is always enemy, I thought that blue was for USMC and red for CMO... so many TK and a first kick
KF.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6636|Gold Coast, Australia
Tried to fly the F-15 and couldnt fly with an inverted mouse and took-off for about 3 seconds and then straight into the water....

Same for the Blackhawk, except i didnt take-off.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6502|There?
Dragon Valley. Got a 37-4 score in the chopper thanks to my buddy sgt.sonners exceptional flying skills. After that i just died....died....died....died.......beginning to get a little better now though, guess my scores are about average now....or something something...........i dont care.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6502|There?

spawnofthemist wrote:

samfinks stats make me smile. even when i'm self harming.
For once we agree. Keep it up though samfink, you'll get there eventually

Ohhh noes!!!! a double post!!!

Last edited by Baron_von_Kondas (2006-10-24 06:25:35)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6557
Spec Ops on Gulf, catching lots of Tank shells.
First time on Demo, spawned as US sniper just as a MEC bomber unloaded his pay load on my head.  I disconnected and let it sit a few days before I went back to that horrible place.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6704|Howell, Mi USA
Think the first round i played was on Dragon Valley as Spec Ops. I remember seeing choppers and jets flying around n thought it was cool shit. I started walking and came across an enemy squad. I killed the first guy with m4 and then was mowed down by the rest of them. It was sweet
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
bingobones
+6|6735|London, UK
got owned on strike
CaptainMack
Ye Ol'e Pirate Pub<3
+5|6440|#bf2s (Just next to maef)
First a little game of singleplayer, then the world wide battlefield
SargeX_au
+29|6762
might have been mashtur, got pwned by "theblackpanther" ....think it was anyway
i noob tubed like crazy until i learnt to aim better, i was even ranked 17th in the world at one stage and 5th on the aussie leaderboard of shame - rofl
It was real fun as the black-hawk gunner back in the days, all u noobs will never know what it was like...
jugobeer
+18|6464
first though, shit they all cheat, i kill no-one and got kill like 35 times

then learn that support gun is not precise when you empty it

then thought that i should get all the gun to be good so i became a medic whore for about 3 week to get unlock/point

to finally realise that it's not the gun that make the player good but precision and strategy.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
Died repeatedly, hence the 22 death streak.
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6594|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
This message is part complaint/ part first experience.

To all,

After several years of 1942, 1918, Pirates, Desert Combat, Vietnam, POE Vietnam, and a little of Star-wars Battlefront...I thought I'd buy BF2.

Honestly, I sat in single-player for 10 minutes trying to figure out why my "F" commands were not working.  I was disappointed they didn't keep vehicle music like in Vietnam.  Having Mudvayne or Linkin Park blasting out my tank as I drove up to the enemy spawn would've been awesome.

When I joined Multiplayer, I noticed the In-game menu was terrible, no team death-match, no coop, no CTF, the pings were screwed up, and the game took 10 minutes to launch only to see 5 seconds before the next round started.  At least I had the right patch...that was until punkbuster decided to kick me for having a ping over 125 on the server.  Needless to say, I was pissed from the start and it only got worse.

After several weeks of "I hated BF2", no longer wanting to play with bunny hoppers and stat whores, I left it on my shelf. I'd play from time to time, only to end up cursing and bitching about how BF1942 and its Mods were forever better than this laggy PoS with its 700 MB patches that crashed half-way through.  I guess in some ways I haven't stopped complaining....meh so sue me for my life savings of 20 dollars! 

Anyway,

After TES4 Oblivion was a disaster, IMO...and I didn't' feel like Dungeon Siege 2, Battlefront 2, or getting some lame MMORPG (silk-road, WoW, GW); I thought I'd try the game again.  I had to work hard to undo the angry team-kill points and terrible accuracy.

I went and bought all the expansions and got POE for BF2.  I try not to let myself get bored with Karkand ad nauseum.  Who cares if Iron Gator is the worst map ever made; I still play all the mods in hopes that my attitude will change with time.

My biggest problem is that I can't sit down and play 5 hours a day to get awesome skills and any decent badges; most severs are infantry only or avoid maps like Zatar Wetlands which I love.  DC had bigger maps and people complain that Zatar is too big...ROFL.  (NFZ, Bragg, etc)

To be honest, I was angry and still am that there is no Coral Sea like map in BF2; I've had to play ground pound for years because there are too few planes to go around and everyone team kills for the ones that do spawn and then I get shot down by SRAWS, tanks, AA guns, and other jets because I can only fly in a tight ass circle dodging the stupid radio tower antennas posted everywhere.  Thank God that power lines don't kill you! ( I bought the game for the vehicles not for the ground pounding Karkand...aka Berlin 1942, aka Stalingrad bull crap)

In some ways I missed the non-ranked pure fun of 1942.  Sure we had team-killers and bunny hoppers, but no one cared unless you pissed off one of those clans like TAW who actually cared about stats.

In conclusion, I'd say that after almost 2 years, I'm tired of BF2 like games and 2142 feels like another boring repeat MOD of the same issues in BF2. 

This game is on a love/hate basis.  I love it some days and really hate it other days.  I'm sure someone will flame me and say "go back to BF1942"; I would, but I played it to death.  I say, eventually you have to move on and just deal with new games that a company only takes 1 year to make making everyone assume it will be the quality of the original.   

My hope is that most of the BF2 "ass hats, griefers, bunny hoppers, and newb tubers" go and play the new game.  I honestly don't know why they are in this game when Unreal 2004, Half-Life 2, Quake 4, and Halo are more their style.

I guess for me, the first round was disappointment,

FIN

-----------------
My 1.75 cents worth,

Daggoth
Madiz
is back
+26|6766
I palyed Karkand first time i tank whored the whole round dont remember mutch about the fist time.
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard