GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

I'd like to point out a habit that people seem to have when rushing an enemy flag, particularly in infantry only servers.

You and 5-6 teammates are approaching a flag to cap it. The flag looks empty and we are a few meters from the cap zone. Naturally, the OBVIOUS thing to do is to start nade spamming the cap radius to kill all those invisible troops. No one seems to decide to stop running towards the flag though, so a couple troops end up getting TK'ed (we're down to 4 now). And then enemies start to spawn, we're out of useful nades, and the snipers decided to place some claymores right in the cap area so when an enemy moves in, or when one of us dies, the claymore takes out everyone around. And now we're back to the nearest flag to try and rush a flag that is now packed with enemies.

Solution: Make sure that your grenades won't stop our advancing. I understand you are trying to clear an area, but having to wait for all those grenades to clear means we lose precious seconds and give the enemy chance to regroup. If we're that close, you should be using your guns anyway. Also, claymores are useless if you place them right where we are all standing. They are triggered by a falling dead body which means if one of us dies, there's a high chance that clay will go off and take the rest of us out.

I figure it'd be too much to ask to cut out the grenade spamming that is rampant on infantry only servers, so I'll just limit it to "Don't nade spam our path or where there are teammates". I'm sure most of you can abide by that request.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6502
Amen.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

GotMex? wrote:

I'll just limit it to "Don't nade spam our path or where there are teammates". I'm sure most of you can abide by that request.
see instead of writing all that.. you could quite easily have just posted the highlighted bit
GotMex?
+193|6733

spawnofthemist wrote:

see instead of writing all that.. you could quite easily have just posted the highlighted bit
Instead of writing all that... you could've just posted the highlighted bit as well ;-)

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-10-19 18:20:51)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
i didnt write it.

you did.
GotMex?
+193|6733

GotMex? wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

Instead of writing all that... you could've just posted the highlighted bit as well ;-)
As you can see I didn't highlight any of your text. In other words, there was no need for you to post at all. And dammit why can't I get the winking smiley right.
The_Jester
+52|6462|Italy
That's why I don't play IO.
Too many nades-obsessed muppets.
BlackCow
+2|6368
Thats the problem with infentry only servers, nade spam GALOR! There needs to be a way to limit the nades to 1 per person on infentry only. Its really annoying seeing people bunny hopping and chucking nades all over the place.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6577|Parainen, Finland
IO would be super if there was a "no grenades" option....Or let´s say 1 grenade/soldier.
DisasterMaster
+5|6374|(0,0,0)
The noob-tube is better then frag grenades anyway... More skill (since patch), and it feels better to kill someone with a GL then with a frag grenade.

Solution 2 - Make the grenades have longer fuses to help allow people to run away from them.
eagles1106
+269|6554|Marlton, New Jersey.

DisasterMaster wrote:

The noob-tube is better then frag grenades anyway... More skill (since patch), and it feels better to kill someone with a GL then with a frag grenade.

Solution 2 - Make the grenades have longer fuses to help allow people to run away from them.
They're already too easy to run away from as it is.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6717|Mexico City
Easy,
wait for the corporals (cannon fodder) to get to flag first, they will trigger all clays, after that, you advance. Let them waist their nades first too.

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2006-11-15 13:08:41)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
I agree whole heartly on nade..

I may just play to much sniper....but how about just not standing next to claymores?
Ive never been blown up by a team claymore when an enemy tripped it(Ive stayed close enough to my own once or twice though).

People just need to pay attention to claymores, Most the time they only hurt you for not paying them the proper attention.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6501|Boston, MA
Wait, people still play IO?
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6555|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Easy,
wait for the corporals (cannon fodder) to get to flag first, they will trigger all clays, after that, you advance. Let them waist their nades first too.
Easy, wait for Bennet (Cannon Fodder) to rush the flag first, he will trigger all clays, then you advance.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

ToXiC888 wrote:

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Easy,
Easy, wait for Bennet (Cannon Fodder) to rush the flag first, he will trigger all clays, then you advance.
lol, he wud have a purpose in life at least sayin that, hes been pretty good recently

edit-im in a mean mood. not having cigarettes does that to me

Last edited by fatherted13 (2006-11-15 15:54:00)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard