<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

jonsimon wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

This is a great way to debunk the republican economic policy about tax cuts. If we assume money that is saved is then invested in the economy and strengthens the economy, well, we give the perfect justification for theft of all sorts.

"Sorry officer, I was just saving money on this big screen TV so I could strengthen the economy."

As for downloading, no one should feel sorry for depriving the recording companies of a few pennies. After all, the artists don't see any of it anyway.
Oh believe me dude I have my fair share of things, But for purposes of this sites TOS im not going to condone Anything, Know what i mean? Oh BTW Nice try with the rubuttle LOL I got a chuckle out of that zinger lol. I need one lately.
Well it wasn't really a rebuttal, closer to agreement really.
In a way LOL.
MorbidFetus
+76|6551|Ohio
You deserve to be sued if you listen to bands who signed to labels who are members of the RIAA.

Why would nayone wanna download shit anyway?
samfink
+31|6555
it's not the big companies that lose out the most with illegaldownloads what about the people who makethe songs?not all of them are celebs. as maybe the artists don't see much of it, but what they do see of it can be vital for the,m.plus, many criminal gangs *cough* terrorists*cough* use pirated music and games to earn money. that si where the moneyis going to if you uy pirated music, not just any old guy on the street, but CRIMINALS. if not terrorists. you know the 9/11 attacks? how do you think they got their money? fromillegal activiyt, probably including piracy. thr 7/7 attacks on britain, they almost cettainly gottheir money fromn piracy.

Last edited by samfink (2006-10-22 03:38:50)

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6731|Michigan
I don't download music. This is why:
It's illegal.

I would download it if people didn't abuse it.
I used to Download full games instead of demos so I could get a good feel for it. If I didn't like it... I'd uninstall and delete the download. If I liked the game... I'd delete the download and buy it.
I'd do the same with music.
Since there are so many irresponsible kids out there abusing it... I just stay away.
MorbidFetus
+76|6551|Ohio

spacebandit72 wrote:

It's illegal.

???
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

MorbidFetus wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

It's illegal.

???
Yah double ????  Abuse it yet its illegal? yet you would do it? HUH? Ok Now im even at a loss for words. LOL
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
Use IRC.  You can't get sued for using it...  yet.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6702|New York

Turquoise wrote:

Use IRC.  You can't get sued for using it...  yet.
You can only get sued(for now) if they catch you Shareing. Also, If your activly engaged in this activity(and im not saying anyone here is mind you), invest in software that Wipes your files clean off the HD, Not just some panzy deleter, get something like evidence eliminator. Even CSI cant put it back together and it has a one key stroke hit to fry the drive LOL.

Plus, to the poster above someplace, who ever said buy pirated copys, Thats insane, we all know where they come from and where the money goes. Your right in one respect, youd be crazy to BUY pirated material.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6743|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
I was just watching the money Program there now and they had the Quo on (I know I know not exactly a major stadium world wide band) however their financial breakdown is pretty much 70% of revenue comes from touring 10% merchandise, 10% sponsorship 10% recording sales - now i'm pretty sure that this is similar for any other band -  the financial stream from recordable media is only 10% of the revenue that a band creates it's not where the money is at any more.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-10-25 06:04:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard