I have not yet played it, but look forward to my copy14%14% - 168
I have not played it, and do not intend to22%22% - 258
I have played it, and I plan to continue playing it41%41% - 473
I have played it, but I won't play any more20%20% - 233
Total: 1132
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6520|Istanbul-Turkey
If I want I can buy this game for just 20$.

but I am not going to buy because I am studying a shitty exam this year. mayba after 17 june.
A.HACKER
+0|6751

Cold Fussion wrote:

A.HACKER wrote:

I am so fucken sick of EA, I have had crashes, horrible lag, I lost all of my settings, I am going to reinstall, if I can't get this fucken piece of shit game to work it will be my last time playing and it will be the last time I buy a game from that fucken retarded piece of shit company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your going to have problems buying games in the near future then.
Dude, EA is not the only company on the block, I have alot of choices, Blizzard, valve, ubisoft, and ritual comes to mind, if people are smart, there will be a backlash against EA for their abuse of our past loyalty to their crappy products.

Last edited by A.HACKER (2006-10-28 23:10:42)

EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6551|UK
I've got no interest in Bf2142 whatsoever. I play BF2 because I like contemporary war games, I'll probably drop BF2 and play Armed Assault when it comes out.
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden

BandoIruka wrote:

Dislikes, but can live with it:
-dogtag collecters, both friendly and non-friendly
-gimped points system, trying to force teamplay upon random strangers in public servers

Dislikes and hate with prejudice:
-64 player titan very unplayable
-moving titan issues
     -reviving teammates
     -can't pick up kits on titan
-disconnect issues
The dogtags is pretty neat imo and it makes people wanna knife more.

Also once you know how the point system work you'll love it. All those pins you can get during a round. :3 Lovely and teamwork actually work on servers pretty good. Or at least they way I do it.

Pick some random close combat map like Camp bergiaageg or something and be the squad leader. Just point on a flag and issue and order on it. Ever enemy that your team mates kill within the attack order you will get 1+ point. If they take the flag you get more points for it.

Now what you need to do is get the top 3-4 killers in your team into one team. You'll be bathing in points during those rounds.
I got over 90 Global points on one map and I was mostly ordering around my squad.

EA/Dice have already said that 64 players on Titan is NOT GOOD, because it does not support it. They suggest you pick a server with either 48 or lower. Otherwise you will have problem with it, well more than usuall.

Totally agree with the moving titan issue. There have been times where I gotten a bit to long into the titan of either the enemies or my own. And the thing starts to lag like HELL. It will lag like hell till I'll leave.
Frankly I'll stick to Conquest till they fixed the Titans mode a bit more.

They will also have to work on those disconnect issues to. getting rather anoying because if I can't find a server to join within 3 tries I just need to wait for some time before I even can get up some servers. >.>
JovesApples
+4|6452|USA
i was bored saturday afternoon so i took the plunge and bought 2142,

i couldnt wait for 2142 2 months ago, then after playing the demo i really cooled on the game. i havent played BF2 for more than 6 months so i began to think 2142 was too soon, then all the drama over the alleged spyware... lol.

anyways, after earning around 500 points in game, i can tell you 2142 rocks and is a blast to play.

i read alot of posts saying the guns are inaccurate, or single shot no longer works, etc etc. i use the assualt gun in single shot and pick off the same as the F2000. or that the veterans will run the noobs off with their better equips, i just been picking up kits ala SF.

i had some bad video crashing from the game for a bit, i was using the 6.9 omegas, now i reverted to the 6.7 omegas and the crashes are gone.

and the ads? you see billboards everywhere like in a city, i think its pretty cool actually, it should be good for a laugh to see what goes in there. think Armored Fury, i think there were tons of billboards in there they did not actually use, like the 2142 billboard, the car license plate, and the magazine in the semi. you just dont really notice it unless you are looking for it.

new unlocks and customization adds a RPG inventory flavor
seems like more of a infantry game for the ground pounders, think POE2
squad leader's new gadgets, points for squad play, and field upgrades for ass kicking squads
better balance than BF2

dislikes:
only 10 maps
the way the commander says "go,go,go"
giving up my dogtags...

Last edited by JovesApples (2006-10-29 20:34:16)

JovesApples
+4|6452|USA
err, that should read "i have only been playing BF2 for around 6 months",

meh

Last edited by JovesApples (2006-10-29 21:24:57)

BandoIruka
+1|6493
I feel that the dogtag feature only help to pad up people's overinflated ego. All in good fun maybe, but quit fooling around, otherwise you're only going to get yourself a facefull of bullets. From scalping fallen foes to collecting heads, everyone always seem to love trophies. Such prideful creatures we are.

Its not that I don't like the teamplay points reward. I'd be lying to say I don't like field upgrades, but you will always have those randoms who will go off on their own agenda. Or you get those squadleaders/commanders who will order you to assault the titan, oblivious to the fact that all the silos in the map is under enemy control. So its just a reward for obeying orders, not necessarily for helping win the game. Despite that, it is a step in the right direction, but a rather haphazard one at best.

Offtopic:
The moving titan lag is something I fear that will never be fixed. If you have ever jumped ontop of a tank in bf2 and have it drive you around you would understand what i mean. It is a flaw in their game engine that has been around at the very beginning. For them to properly fix it, they might have to recode their game from scratch (More time and money). Taking a guess at how it works, you have to "enter" the vehicle to "become" the vehicle. The engine doesn't seem to like it when the two entities are put together and moved. The titan is basically a huge vehicle that allows you to move around it on the inside, and it has seats for people to man the titan arnament. Looks like that shortcut that DICE/EA took to make vehicles work in their game has came back to bite them in the ass.
Alleycat1969
+21|6756
I was given the 2142 game as a gift from my wife as was not planning to pay for it,

Well I do note that the game developers have done a good job with the textures and some good  maps , and  Titan mode is fun,  but all the guns are crap and tanks are crap  ... its missing something cant seem to put my finger on it...oohhh wait I know , is not BF2 ......LOL

I so prefer BF2 ...My copy of 2142 will be on Ebay soon...role on Quake wars.
SgtMurphy
+11|6540
Lets talk about HUGE bugs shall we..

ALL admins reporting random crashes.  Our own server crashes 5-10 times daily for no apparent reason.

Large number of latency issues.  Servers over 32 players are lag cities.  Our test for upcoming review
noted at even 20 players noticible lag occured EVEN when playing from the same location as the servers
datacenter.

Stability issues.  Minimize/Maximize/ Alt-Tab or Ctrl Alt Del to desktop causes game to hang.

Account server hangs or times out NUMEROUS times.

Unlocks are not being issued properly. Only half the games played here were the actual earned unlocks
given to the player.  Some kits would have them, some would not.

We also noticed the infamous bf2 problem of red-tag bug affecting this game as well.  On a few occasions
members of your own squad would be tagged with red.

Given EA's history of non-support of their game titles. Sloppy and near non existant actual progress towards
fixing issues.  Its likely MOST of these problems will exist through-out this games history. Just as was the
case in BF2. EA is capable of getting beta products once again to release form, and charging customers for
non completed material.

Personal observation.. once again as I stated before, this game is spam central.   Dont take my word for
it.  Take a look at the scoreboard when the game ends.   Even skilled fps gamers struggle to maintain even
decent tallies during this game.  3 kills to 20 deaths is common in MOST games for many players.  The
vehicles are a step backwards from BF2s other than the fact that they are nearly impossible to destroy
at times eve with squadmates teaming up on them with rocket after rocket. 

Just like in many aspects of BF2, where skill took a backseat to those childish players who decided to
wait and wait for jets or choppers, teamkill for them, use jeeps as taxis to them, and all the other
problems they created..2142 is no differant.   A couple guys in a walker can and do utterly destroy
entire teams and squads by simply spamming their over powered weaponsm, all behind their 1000 armor
points.

The artillery is WORSE than BF2.  It seems like it lasts forever. Starts immediately rather than the
delay in bf2. Annoying, skillless, and a pathetic joke.

The HUD radar is MUCH harder to distinguish where things are at.  The V shaped reticle that shows your
direction is at times nearly invisible as it blends in with the map.  Flag markers also blend in on some maps,
making it hard to see even where they are.  For new players its a definate downfall.

BF2 is a much better game for the fps enthusiast.  Even with all its bugs, exploits, etc. The battlefield is
much fairer, lends itself to a skilled game, rather than a spam one, and the maps are much easier to
read, move on, etc.  The graphics in BF2 are much better and crisp compared to the pathetic haze and
fog of ALL the 2142 maps.

Sales of 2142 are 50% less than BF2 compared to week by week comparison of release dates.  For
those thinking of switching from 2 to 2142 I would definately play the demo for at least a few days
before trying it.   What appears to be a 'upgraded BF2' is really a downgrade, imo.
JovesApples
+4|6452|USA
just takes some getting used to, just like BF2.

scores are rising as people get used to the game and aquire unlocks. squad up and follow orders to bank on squad points. armor and the battlewalker can be killed easily with teamwork, what i am seeing is low amounts of people using the engineer kit on the battlefield, just like BF2. the support class can throw EMP nades at them, and the engineer just needs a good hit in a weak spot, i suppose a recon could C4 them, but he would have to be super careful to not get stomped.

everything is the same and yet different. like arty, it almost acts like a steady gun, it will hit you for 5-10 points of damage constantly so youll need to get some cover. BF2 arty is an instant death usually. it looks alot better in the game as well.

i would not base my review of this game on the demo, i played that and thought it was awful and nearly didnt buy the game. if you are in doubt stick with BF2. if you like scifi like starship troopers or ground control 2 you will enjoy this game as well.

i only need 27,000 points in BF2 to get my last unlocks, right now im having fun unlocking alot more stuff and trying equipment out with a field upgrade for good squad play.
URLORD
+0|6385
I will never buy another game from EA again, and I hope you will not either because that is the only way EA will listen and fix the problems in their games
BandoIruka
+1|6493
StgMurphy, you bring up valid points on the bugs and crashes the games have, but I felt that you've jumped to the conclusion a tad too early in regards to the gameplay differences between bf2 and bf2142.

After all they are different games, set in different eras. The rules have changed so you can't really play it like it is bf2 and expect the same results. A new game for everyone to get used to.

Stating your personal opinion about the vehicles puts you at risk of labeling yourself as a rather poor/underaverage player since I, as well as other players can probably agree on that the vehicles in 2142 are actually much easier to take down. Walkers have the potential to dominate the battlefield and make it one sided, but they still have their weaknesses that can be exploited by experienced players, not the whiny bitchy ones complaining about their 1000 armour points.

Artillery has changed totally and is far from skilless to use. You can't expect to drop it on lots of red dots and expect total anihilation. I think they did a good job at tweaking it to what it is now. This means artillery have to be used properly to achieve results.  It won't kill things, but it will dislodge them out of their dug in positions and allow more freedom for your own troops to maneuver. It confuses me at why you flame at the artillery from your point of view as a ground pounder, that thing can't kill shit. You should be happier that its not as lethal. Or are you one of those solo rambos who drive around maps to cap deserted CPs? Then the sustained artillery barrage would be joke to you then.

Last edited by BandoIruka (2006-11-05 00:32:31)

EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6520
I wasn't looking forward to 2142 all that much but I decided I'd pick it up and give it a go. Since then I haven't once played BF2. 2142 is surprisingly good.

1. The fact that the tanks and walkers have one hit kill locations.
2. The strafing hovertank, it owns plain and simple
3. Rifle rockets, nothing better for clearing campers from a path to a titan console.
4. The ability to pick up your anti-personnel mines
5. The sniper unlock can disable mines and demopacks.
6. TEAMPLAY, Yaaaay!!!!!!

Dislikes
1. That horrible sentry gun
2. Demopacks on the titan, nigh impossible to get through.
3. The TV missle is impossible to control
4. Some of the stock weapons are quite poor
Linus
+53|6652
wow, so far this poll/topic = 42% people who either say they wont buy it, or they played it and
didnt like it.  Pretty much sums it up there doesnt it..

check out what bit-tech.net review had to say in their conclusion page..

"However, one issue I need to devote a paragraph to is the technical problems surrounding BF2142. On more than one occasion when reviewing the game the servers went completely offline, on top of that many of the people I spoke to complained that they lost their stats and unlocks due to server problems. I was hugely disappointed with the state of the game on release and it disgusts me that developers are being forced by publishers to release games when they are blatantly not ready. The problems are now beginning to subside but many gamers patience has been worn thin by the condition of the game upon release."

He couldnt have hit the nail on the head harder, except to say that these problems with EA's acct/stats
servers WILL NEVER go away.  Just like every other game EA released their support and bug fixing is
near NIL. All their time and effort ALWAYS goes into releasing more $10 packs.

But hell, any business person will tell you.. is a newer model of a product comes out with a 42%
negative mark thats BAD.
encoded_evil
+1|6657|Gent

SgtMurphy wrote:

Stability issues.  Minimize/Maximize/ Alt-Tab or Ctrl Alt Del to desktop causes game to hang
never happened to me and I Alt-Tab allot

SgtMurphy wrote:

Unlocks are not being issued properly. Only half the games played here were the actual earned unlocks
given to the player.  Some kits would have them, some would not.
correct I thought that were servers with a no-unlocks option :p

SgtMurphy wrote:

3 kills to 20 deaths is common in MOST games for many players
lmao, hide, take cover, play smart it's not a deathmatch game where u just run around and shoot at eveything u see

SgtMurphy wrote:

A couple guys in a walker can and do utterly destroy
entire teams and squads by simply spamming their over powered weaponsm, all behind their 1000 armor
points.
walkers are not OP at all

SgtMurphy wrote:

The artillery is WORSE than BF2
big nono => I never died from artillery so far (just hide, lay down, take your med pack to heal while under artillery)

SgtMurphy wrote:

The HUD radar is MUCH harder to distinguish where things are at
its proved that too much alcohol causes a blurry sight

SgtMurphy wrote:

BF2 is a much better game for the fps enthusiast
NOT
I play computer games since I'm 7 (C64 ruleD) and now that I'm 26 I can say BF2142 > BF2 by far

======================================================================
I played the beta, demo and now I got the full version

things I like:

* runs 10x better, smoother, faster than bf2
* action is much better, when u are sure u will kill the guy u will kill him (are the target boxes improved or something?)
* more thrilling fights than bf2, actually bf2142 almost gets to the level where I loved sof2 for: FPS at its best, I never got that feeling with bf2. In 2142 when you aim good u can gundown 3 men in CQC and thats hard with one clip but gives huge satisfaction and satisfaction > medals, badges
* the knife, it's awesome

things I don't like:

* dunno about the titan mode, played it in the beta but I only play conquest now (that can change)
* unlock trees (I have all assault unlocks and now it will get hard to get other unlocks, some assault unlocks I never use like the shotgun option, I rarely use the rocket launcher) what I mean is: I wanna choose which unlock I want except maybe gun unlocks
* some maps
* just like in bf2 the ingame VOIP system wont allow me to connect to 90% of the servers (so I disabled it) but I have Xfire/TS for that I could be a port issue that I have to fix but how?
* the pin u get after a killing spree of 5 (boring when u get it more than once in a map)

overall conclusion: I'm happy I bought it and I will rareley play bf2 from now on, the gameplay improved allot!
Some people say: its just another mod but thats BS

greetz

games I look forward too:
c&c3: omfg this will be tha shit
quakewars: looks really good

Last edited by encoded_evil (2006-11-06 09:25:43)

StevenBullen
+1|6793
Liked it.

I think the game is pretty good. Both modes have good and bad points... but overall I think its a great game.
Doktorbob
+26|6487
Since my broadband connect bit the dust and Comcast doesn't give a shit...  I have been playing BF2142 via singleplayer.  I was so freakin bored after 20 minutes....I shut it off. 

Hope the online game is better.  Otherwise I will continue to play BF2.
URLORD
+0|6385
So sick of the bullshit I am now just using this game as a holdover untill UT2007 comes out then bye bye BF2142 and EA forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
encoded_evil
+1|6657|Gent

URLORD wrote:

So sick of the bullshit I am now just using this game as a holdover untill UT2007 comes out then bye bye BF2142 and EA forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye n00b
URLORD
+0|6385

encoded_evil wrote:

URLORD wrote:

So sick of the bullshit I am now just using this game as a holdover until UT2007 comes out then bye bye BF2142 and EA forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye n00b
Obviously a comment from a little boy with a little penis with nothing else to do but insult other people to make up for your lack of stature.
l41e
+677|6647

URLORD wrote:

encoded_evil wrote:

URLORD wrote:

So sick of the bullshit I am now just using this game as a holdover until UT2007 comes out then bye bye BF2142 and EA forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye n00b
Obviously a comment from a little boy with a little penis with nothing else to do but insult other people to make up for your lack of stature.
This might help you.
Blackcats
+17|6577|Germany
I have got my DVD copy of BF2142 last Saturday. Installation went smooth and without any problem.
I had some issues with my internet connection and the login at startup, so i installed FFOLKES Unlock mod and Andy´s Singleplayer Mini-mod- fantastic.
After service with my internet line i went playing online and it is rocking, too. Up to now i am satisfied.

Last edited by Blackcats (2006-11-09 03:20:03)

URLORD
+0|6385

k30dxedle wrote:

URLORD wrote:

encoded_evil wrote:

bye n00b
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony]This might help you[/url].
Huh, how ironic? how about how stupid are you? the wit was obviously lost on you being the grunt of a noob that you are.

Goodbye all, the game is done, the whiners have moved back into their shadows and the winners are basking in the sun. I feel sorry for all of you who still want to play this horrid game, The longer you play the longer EA will suck money from your very veins, pity pity.
Doktorbob
+26|6487
Ok, just an update from me, the King of Noobs.  Got my broadband back after I returned from New Jersey and New York.  Logged in to a Conquest map....was immediately anihilated many many times. Ok, the Rambo style wont work with BF2142.  Try another approach...  HIDE!  ROFL

For now I prefer the Titan mode.  Just seems a little less intense until I get used to all you 1337 dudes pwning my dumb arse.  Yep, still the same old crap with the whores, noobs and idiot commanders!  I will try and get into this game soon like I did with BF2.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6674|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
I Haven't played it yet because I've been away at places I cannon discuss

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard