I have not yet played it, but look forward to my copy14%14% - 168
I have not played it, and do not intend to22%22% - 258
I have played it, and I plan to continue playing it41%41% - 473
I have played it, but I won't play any more20%20% - 233
Total: 1132
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6686|Hell's prison
Like: 1:The simple yet futuristic look, dosent look like an extreme future, just like today with a few modifications and improved technology.
2:Design, someone went all out designing the weapons, body armor, vehicles.
3:Sound effects, ok so not the best part of the game, but it still sounds pretty damn good in X-fi.

Dislikes:  1: The hover tank, just a little weird to drive, maybe I will get used to it.
2: The hit detection seems to suffer a bit, still needs to be tweaked.
3: Titan revives...just...oh look above.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6619
LIKE- walkers
       -hover tanks
       -GOOD titan battles

DISLIKE- LAGGG
            - random connection problems (never been kicked but come on i had the backs of 2 guys and i had my knife ready..)
            - LAGGG
ThrashingFury
+1|6437|Vermont
3 favorite things so far:
Squad leader spawn beacon, motion mines, anti-vehicle rifle, so far I have almost only been engineer.
There is a fourth too, not being able to jump when out of sprint, everytime I have seen a bunnyhopper I just let them jump a few times and then pepper them when they can't jump anymore.

3 least favorite things:
Accuracy does still not seem to be affected when in the middle of going prone, I was hoping this would change, doesn't make sense to be able to shoot straight as you are falling to the ground.
A lot of my awards/dogtags don't seem to be updating. EDIT: I seem to get all my points but most of my stats haven't updated since yesterday.
People ramming with aircraft although a lot of servers are good about kicking them.

Last edited by ThrashingFury (2006-10-19 17:22:26)

znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6545|Sverige (SWE)
Now when i played it i can honestly say that i donĀ“t like it !!! it got no real filing to it... It will haw to com a long why to be as good as BF2
T0rr3nt
+54|6577|Michigan
i want to be able to kill something with the heli/jet hybrid. i shoot all 10 rockets at a walker or a tank and it doesnt even flinch.
wombo
+2|6404
I like it...if only I could play it. I get kicked by punkbuster for no freakin reason within 30 seconds
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

Bernadictus wrote:

Godhatch wrote:

can't use the name Godhatch as it has disallowed text (whats that about?)
God is not allowed, same as Jezus, and all other biblical crap.
that's the most ridiculouse piece of crap i've ever hear of.  It's just a fucking name

I mean, i'd find it rather entertaining to be killed by "God" or "Jesus"

wtf man?

oh: i haven't played it yet, but i can't wait too.  Mech's FTW!

Last edited by genius_man16 (2006-10-19 15:30:44)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6481|Purdue
Glad to see that "I have played it, and I plan to continue playing it" is winning. I'm picking my copy up friday afternoon when my mom gets paid.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

T0rr3nt wrote:

i want to be able to kill something with the heli/jet hybrid. i shoot all 10 rockets at a walker or a tank and it doesnt even flinch.
Ahahahaha!  No more whoring the chopper  . . . infantry rules!  But I've seen plenty of walkers exploding from chopper missiles, maybe takes some time to adjust.  I've only flown transport choppers so far.
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
Ok, played almost all day from the very first hours I installed it. :3 Lovely game, though I have seen some bugs.

Like the Gun turret that you can deploy, can shoot through walls yet make no damage to the enemies. And it generally sucks to, only killed ONE guy for me so far and I have throwed it out a lot.
Hallvard
+262|6523|North Norway

bought it today, love it!

only thing I don't like is that my game freeze from time to time when loading a new map and a lot of my awards doesn't show up on my stats...
HM1{N}
+86|6644|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
My saga with 2142

Try to connect 8 times to a server with room:

Your connection to the server has been lost

On 9th try I get in server and choose a kit:

Try 4 more times:

Get in again:

Try twice:

3rd time your connection to the server...you get the picture

Fucking EA/DICE

You suck big donkey dicks and don't give a shit about the people who play them...

Oh, connecting to BF2, no PROBLEM.

Fuck EA/DICE

Edit:  This was put here because Ty closed the other thread...not sure if this is the place but....

After 2 hours of trying to get the game to play I have given up.

70% of the time I cannot join a server because of the "connection to server has been lost" message.

The other 30% of the time i can get on a server, only to get the "connection to server has been lost" message within 15 seconds of joining the game.

I have tried all the usual steps, including opening ports, updating PB, uninstalling/reinstalling.  Nothing works.

Let me say, EA/DICE, I know you read these forums.  Your company is a piece of shit, your coders are worse than high-schooler's on crack, your customer support is the worst in the industry, and you're ripping off the world's consumers.

Go EAT A DICK.

I can honestly say you've lost a customer for life.  I will never buy another EA game for ANY PLATFORM.

Last edited by HM1{N} (2006-10-19 16:34:14)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
I haven't played it.
and I'm not sure if I intend to.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA

Cougar wrote:

I might play it if someone bought it for me, but otherwise EA is dead to me.  I'm not paying $50 for a mod of a game that is still broken.
Couldnt agree with you more!
rgraze
+6|6672
           Mechanized infantry is pretty differnet
          Still same general play as BF2
Dislikes:  Equipment unlocks shouldnt be unlocks they should be standard gear
              The basic weapons are horrible
              The weapons on the vehicles are horrible and the tank should have an mg as sec weap.
              Whenever I exit a vehicle or anything it gives me some crappy object or weapon in my hand and not the one I had when I got in. 
              Weapon switching is very slow.

Last edited by rgraze (2006-10-19 16:57:49)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Yeah, I have it.

3 favorite:

1) Addition of customizing. Makes it really great.

2) The mortar/grenade launcher from the APC. It fucking OWNS. I got 30 kills with it; my best round in any BF ever.

3) Dogtags. It just gives you that great joy of slicing up a person's chest.

Dislikes:

1) Tanks. They just suck and have horrible aiming.

2) The spyware.

3) The knifing's a bit messed up. Very slow.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
2. The sniper rifles. i love them and the sway doesnt bother me at all. im used to it because of every other game i've played.
3. Cloaking around and getting some dog tags

dislikes:
1. No enemy boats to spot
2. retarded teammates that go far out of the way to shoot you thinking you're an enemy.
3. when a squad mate spawns on you and instantly starts shooting when there are no enemies and kill you.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Like:
-Good titan battles
-Seen more team work in the first five minutes of playing that in most of my Bf2 career
-Drop pods as anti-air weapons
Dislike:
-Why did they have to include spyware
-Fighting on the titan gets laggy when it's moving
-Hover tanks on anything but flat ground.  Good luck aiming when the entire tank is sliding and shaking.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6658|San Francisco, CA
I like...

how there's more unlocks
the maps are pretty interesting
how fun it is!

I don't like...

how half the kill list are nothing but teamkills
it's hard to tell who the hell is who if you're looking really quickly
the planes.
cableguy619
+1|6415|San Diego
game was meant to be different I like it, force team play to really be successfull
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6554
1. Better point/rank system than BF2(you really can't point whore)
2. APCs are APCS, and there are Mechs (fun but when they tip over it sucks)
3. Better Stability than BF2
Dislikes:
1. Infantry weapons are inaccurate
2. Bodies move when titan moves
3. Deployable machine guns in titan corridors
rocksrhot
+8|6400
What an absolute load of $hite EA & Dice have come up with in this latest installment. Graphics are worse than BF2 & if I want mech war,I'll freaking go & buy mechwarrior. 100% crap for $49.99. pooo n scutter.

Bring on Enemy territory Quake Wars for some real $hit hot gamming.

Last edited by rocksrhot (2006-10-19 18:59:17)

Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6478|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I love this game:

Favorites:
1) Variety of Unlocks makes squads more varied.
2) Gunships, Battlewalkers, and Tanks all feel and perform awesome.
3) Better Squadplay, and Titan mode kicks ass!

Disadvantages:
1) Lagging when your inside the Titan and it moves.
2) Teammates too intent on Attacking Titan to defend your own.
3) Weapons are the top level in the Unlock trees.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6630|Mexifornia, USA
Why does everyone keep calling it a mod? It isn't a mod! Yeah, the gameplay is similar, but what do you expect? It's the next INSTALLMENT of the game series. And what would it be labeled as? A stand-alone mod? That's a full game. A mod is, for example, played through the original game or using pre-installed files from the original. It's not a mod. And if you don't like the game - don't play it. It's that simple.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6658|Australia
Havnt played it yet, but looking forward to it. Judging from the demo...

I really want to play Belgrade and Tunis Harbour.
I want to earn all those shiny medals and unlocks
Titan mode is kick ass
The vehicles are all super sweet

Im not looking forward to the comparitvely slow infantry movement, and also, once people get their unlocks, the titan is going to be a floating coffin, what with all those deployable turrets, shields, shotguns and APMs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard