Poll

Paintball? Airsoft?

Paintball65%65% - 124
Airsoft34%34% - 64
Total: 188
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6647
well, with paintball, you have soo much more fun IMHO and it can be as tatical or as gung-ho as you want to it be.

with airsoft you get cool looking guns but thats about it. the shots dont even hurt when they hit ya.

soooooooooo would u rather play paintball or airsoft?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
Either. All I have are SuperSoakers.
.|microphage
+4|6630|Vancouver, BC
well...airsoft is ALOT cheaper than paintballing...but paintballing is more fun because you can see where you hit and it actually hurts when you get hit - even with soft armour on.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

BigmacK wrote:

Either. All I have are SuperSoakers.
Same here, plus a crappy airsoft G36C.  Thing doesn't even shoot through paper.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
00joe
+16|6644|UK
Paintball.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6484|Melbourne

Have you heard of a similar game called Laser Skirmish?  we use guns that shoot lasers and hit sensers attached to your body.  I use a ghillie suit of it great fun.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6655|Australia
Paintball. Cause airsoft isnt very legal in Australia.
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647

.|microphage wrote:

well...airsoft is ALOT cheaper than paintballing...but paintballing is more fun because you can see where you hit and it actually hurts when you get hit - even with soft armour on.
paintballing DOES hurt. i had a low CO2 tank that barley fired the paintballs out so i shot my friend from about 5 feet away. it didnt hurt him at all, but he started freaking out and my two other friends actually thought i shot him, so they started shooting their paintball guns at me point blank and i took off running like a mad man. luckily they only had 20 bullets in the hopper and they ceased fire to let me explain. damn that hurt.
hurridave
Banned
+8|6399
i went paintball for my stag party. i had to wear a bright yellow chicken suit all day while the rest of our group got camo gear. i can say that this day was the worst pain ive ever felt in my life.
joker8baller
+68|6664
Airsoft - A lot more tactics is involved than paintball. It's not simply you must get in a position to shoot another guy, not to mention that you have tubberware on top of your gun... And way to many cheaters...

Airsoft - Usually real military strategy, a lot more thought is involved, and people use cover and other things effectively as in a real war. Airsoft does not apply to the people who just want to go out and shoot people easily without tactics at all...

Not to mention all the idiots who buy cheap guns and say the shots don't hurt. I advise you guys to go airsoft at a field where the fps limits are a tad higher... Like 400fps with .2's.

When you have BB's stuck in your skin, it tends to travel a lot faster.

--- Buy good guns. Cheap one's are worthless...

Paintbal is WAY to expensive. $1000 for a gun... $80 for a hopper. $50 for a rig.
$80 for paint + admission

well, with paintball, you have soo much more fun IMHO and it can be as tatical or as gung-ho as you want to it be.
Disagree. VERY few tactics or "GUNG-HO" involved. No need to form squads, communication, hand signals and various other tactics most airsoft teams use. How do you Gung-ho with a paintball marker? It doesn't look like a real gun, nor does it reload with a real gun. Nothing beats the feeling of changing out mags under fire, or wearing that sniper suit for hours for that perfect shot. Or hiding in the bushes for the VIP to pass.  Not to mention that airsoft attract better people because airsoft relies on integrity,
Thanks I'll do mine mil-sim.
Trigger_Happy_92
+394|6647

joker8baller wrote:

Airsoft - A lot more tactics is involved than paintball. It's not simply you must get in a position to shoot another guy, not to mention that you have tubberware on top of your gun... And way to many cheaters...

Airsoft - Usually real military strategy, a lot more thought is involved, and people use cover and other things effectively as in a real war. Airsoft does not apply to the people who just want to go out and shoot people easily without tactics at all...

Not to mention all the idiots who buy cheap guns and say the shots don't hurt. I advise you guys to go airsoft at a field where the fps limits are a tad higher... Like 400fps with .2's.

Paintbal is WAY to expensive. $1000 for a gun... $80 for a hopper. $50 for a rig.

Disagree. VERY few tactics or "GUNG-HO" involved. No need to form squads, communication, hand signals and various other tactics most airsoft teams use. How do you Gung-ho with a paintball marker? It doesn't look like a real gun, nor does it reload with a real gun. Nothing beats the feeling of changing out mags under fire, or wearing that sniper suit for hours for that perfect shot. Or hiding in the bushes for the VIP to pass.  Not to mention that airsoft attract better people because airsoft relies on integrity,
are u kidding me? all you need is a freaking 400 buck tippman and 6 buck CO2 refill at GI joes. we play on my friends acre property so admission is free.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6651|USA

joker8baller wrote:

no paintball gun looks or reloads like a real gun???  Hmmm...    www.rap4.com   ???
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6477|Kentucky
paintball more consequence for getting hit    i did loose half my front tooth to airsoft
R0lyP0ly
+161|6651|USA
^^^ lemme make this even easier ::

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-mar … 58_82.html
00joe
+16|6644|UK

joker8baller wrote:

Nothing beats the feeling of changing out mags under fire
Except the feeling of shooting some punk peeping out from cover in the face and watching him scramble about, dazed from the hit and blind from the paint.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6593
Paintball.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6522|dunno
PAINTBALL FTW!!!. I have a impulse and a angel.
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6529
Airsoft I got an R8
l41e
+677|6646

Airsoft = you can have M249 SAW with a 2500 round box. Me, I have a SIG 552 with a 43 round magazine.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6558|Australia, NSW
im going paintballing in lik 5 weeks.  cant wait
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.

joker8baller wrote:

Paintball people use cover.  Thats what the damn inflatables are for.  And in scenarios like in wooded places, you can use trees and wooden structures or anything else that can be built to be put up. Paintball has all the same strategies as airsoft in a way..
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6558|Australia, NSW
the paintball place im going to has like a built up street wth bomb cars n stuff in one part. and u also play in thick bush with all ditches and stuff.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6467
im a paintball ref. paintball is way more fun and it hurts for beginners.  but i barely even feel it now.
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.
lmao jack you said 1000 dollars for a paintball gun?   You can buy a 90 dollar gun, take it to places, and still have fun with the other players
specops10-4
+108|6740|In the hills
They are equal, with airsoft, you can have very realistic firefights and generally better tactics.  Most of the GOOD guns can be fitted with real scopes, flashhiders and extra pieces.  Yet paintball is more popular and there is a much bigger risk to getting shot (unless there are high FPS guns, i can tell you it hurts like hell to get shot by a .3 sniper BB in the cheek from 10 yards at 500 FPS!)  It is also easier to pick up because you can rent guns from places to see if you like it.

BTW, the guy who shot me got banned from the place after he shot me.  The max BB size was .25 and FPS was at 450.  I dont know why they didnt know what the specs of his gun were.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard