0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6768|Arizona
Has there been any "Official" word from EA or Dice about this problem?  Would be nice to know specifics to the problem, and what is being done to remedy the situation.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

0ktane wrote:

Has there been any "Official" word from EA or Dice about this problem?  Would be nice to know specifics to the problem, and what is being done to remedy the situation.
Doubt it, they're sitting back with glasses of champagne and bowls of caviar, no time for customer support.

Maybe we'll hear from them tommorrow when they wake up and find their headquaters burning.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-19 21:18:45)

InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6433|Washington State, USA

Towelly wrote:

0ktane wrote:

Doubt it, they're sitting back with glasses of champagne and bowls of caviar, no time for customer support.

Maybe we'll hear from them tommorrow when they wake up and find their headquaters burning.
ive made a few calls, we should hear some "things" soon

Last edited by InfectiousShadow (2006-10-19 21:31:33)

ED3
+3|6774|Canyon Lake, TX
Great, hope to hear something soon. i should be a gold corp by now i think. i got nervous so i just quit playing for the night. also anyone know where we can check our stats elsewhere?

ed3eclipse
Mr.Maverick.MDK
+5|6758
nope not yet, EA has not relased the stat feed in fear of boggin it down, how ironic.  At any rate is there an ETA on when these "things" are to be announced?
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6817|Belgium
I contacted EA CS.. Still waiting for an answer, they said "We 'll get back to you in 24hrs"
.. It's been about 30hrs ago!

And no there hasn't been any official word from EA..
I have been searching every well-known BF2142 site & forum there is..
Guess there's nothing more we can do that wait.. And wait some more..
I do find it odd that that stats aren't working correctly now, while they did in the Beta?
We 'll see how this goes..
Mr.Maverick.MDK
+5|6758

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

I do find it odd that that stats aren't working correctly now, while they did in the Beta?
VERY good point. How did they fuck that up??  Honestly thats just simple database administration, how hard can it be.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
^^ search harder, in the official EA 2142 forums one of the admins posted a message

Towelly in another thread wrote:

The official line from EA is that the stats servers are "overloaded" when and how they're going to fix this has not been stated, though I wouldn't worry. A massive amount of people are having these problems (including myself) and they'll fix it, still, rather disappointing.
That's the basis of it, the support service is taking a battering apparently, so its taking forever to get through each ticket, we might hear something more concrete later today.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
If any of you would remember BF2 on release you would recall that stats took anywhere from a 2-3 days to update because of so many people playing.  Think of it like 5(weekend).
ED3
+3|6774|Canyon Lake, TX
hmmm i don't remember that. but that was a long time ago. ;-).
uberdoc
+3|6417|California
Yep, patience people, patience...
ED3
+3|6774|Canyon Lake, TX
Have they fixed the non ranking/ no points issue yet. I've been at work all day, i was hoping i could play some more tonight, and get my rank and new unlocks. Thanx ahead of time.
Lt.Stink
+1|6407
Mine seems to be working now. I have my ranking and unlocks now.

anyone else?
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6678|Ft. Drum, NY
i got some pins and badges but im missing alot. One round i got like 10 awards but its not showing and i got other pins after that. And yes it was ranked.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6543|Winterpeg, Canada
I hope they've fixed it, me and my neighbor were planning on picking up a couple copies for the weekend. I

also need to buy a dvd rom drive before I can play the game, so if the majority of u guys are experiencing

working stats, i'll buy the stuff.
ED3
+3|6774|Canyon Lake, TX
i'll post here if they work when i get home.
CrimsonRaven79
+0|6643|St Louis
Here is what happened with BF2 stats and what they said at that time.
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_062305

Hopefully this will be the same case with the current stat problems.

Last edited by CrimsonRaven79 (2006-10-20 14:51:33)

Angel.C-sq
+24|6689|Computer Chair
Dont think so but lets hope so.
joker8baller
+68|6668
Still showing 0/40 even though servers have somewhat updated me.
ED3
+3|6774|Canyon Lake, TX
Well my stats and ranks/medals are finally working for me. i hope they work for everyone else. I know how much it sucks with things don't work right. Good Luck fellow BF2142ers.
Chou
+737|6792

CrimsonRaven79 wrote:

Here is what happened with BF2 stats and what they said at that time.
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_062305

Hopefully this will be the same case with the current stat problems.
Let's hope
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

Disscussion thread wrote:

Customer    10/19/2006 02:31 PM
I have palyed online in ranked servers and have recieved several pins, medals, etc. The majority of these rewards have not shown up in my profile though, even though my points and rank have. There's a large number of people who seem to have the same problem, as seen in this thread from the bf2s.com forums.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=49290&p=3
I have screenshots of the awards that I've yet to recieve. Basicly, why arent the stats updating? Are they just backed up, or will we not be recieving them at all. My Solider account name is OmniDeath. I will attach an example screenshot of an unrecieved pin, although there are many more.

Also, dogtags arent showing up either.

Thanks.

Response (Julius A.)    10/20/2006 02:27 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with The Battlefield 2142 game. I understand where you're coming from. I will personally attend to your matter and I assure you that I will do my best to provide you quality service.

First make sure that you have joined an official ranked server. When searching ensure that the ranked server filter is on. You will not be able to gain ranks on an unranked server.

You will also want to try logging out and logging back in to your account. Click the slash ( / ) in the upper left hand corner of the screen to log out. Once you have done this log back into your account and the game will award you the rank.

If you still have not been awarded a rank try logging into a different server and playing through a round. Once the round is over disconnect from the server and your rank will be awarded to you.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://electronicarts.co.uk/support)

Thanks!

Julius A.
EA Tech Support

Customer    10/20/2006 03:07 AM
Ok, you didn't understand me. If you read my original question, I said that my points and rank ARE UPDATING, it is my pins and badges that are not. And I AM playing on ranked servers as I said before in the previous question. I know I am because Im getting my points, just not the medals and pins and such. I have screenshots of almost all of them and I would like to know why my pins, badges, and even dogtags, etc are not updating (EVEN THOUGH MY POINTS ARE) since it IS on a RANKED server and will they?

Response (Julius A.)    10/20/2006 03:11 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with The Battlefield 2142 game. I fully understand that you are frustrated with this issue. Please be assured that I will look into this matter for you.

Although this situation has been improved, some users are still experiencing a delay or stop in the update of their statistics, awards and ranking. This is being looked into by the appropriate teams and when corrected should allow updates to go through without incident

Please provide us with the information listed below so we can forward this to the appropriate department who will look into the issue:

Username
Current rank / expected rank / description of issue
Server played on
Date of potential stats loss

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://electronicarts.co.uk/support)

Thanks!
Julius A.
EA Tech Support
I have sent them the info they requested, but still no word back from them, and my stats have still yet to update.

Last edited by Omnideath (2006-10-20 19:53:11)

InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6433|Washington State, USA
I ranked up finally and got my lambert, but unfortunantly a few of my badges are gone
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
is it up and running now?
joviaaldreetje
+1|6685
I got some badges, pins etc a few hours ago...the medic excellence is the only one showing up from several earned in one round. I was so happy to get a few badges etc, since I did have a hard time getting into this game as it so different from BF2. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that there was only one badge awarded from like 6 earned (I also mean some pins)...dammit..thanks EA, back to bugfest BF2 for me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard