lowkee
+10|6405|Charlotte, NC
I got my retail copy today and signed in using one of my two BF2 logins, played for a few mins, then realized that I was using the non-veteran-reserved login.

I then restarted the game and went to login using my main BF2 login, which failed with a message of:

"This cd-key has already been registered using a different account"

So, beware! UNLIKE BF2, BF2142 only allows a single login to be used.

Make sure you use the correct one or you will be screwed out of your veteran status and your promotions.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
Thanks for the heads up!

I wonder why I still have to wait 19 more hours on EA downloader...
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

It's a bigggg file.
DoNER90
+14|6518|South Africa
dam Smurf accounts will be rare
Preatorion
+2|6492|St. Louis, MO.
I am wondering the same thing.

I actuallyu have the game downloaded, but EA downloader says I have to wait 19 more hours to install it.

Last edited by Preatorion (2006-10-17 14:52:32)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas

Miller wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

It's a bigggg file.
I already have it D/Led... It says 19 more hours till the release date. It's really pissing me off...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Thanking you my friend, +1 for ur help and trouble
Chaos81
+5|6690
Wait, so if we can only use one name per cd key, what's the point of the "Create new soldier" button?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6417|Norway | Unkown

Chaos81 wrote:

Wait, so if we can only use one name per cd key, what's the point of the "Create new soldier" button?
Its the account.. You can only use the one account per CD-Key.. Then you can create soldiers for you, friends.. what ever...
Chaos81
+5|6690
DOH! My fault, just didn't read what he posted clearly enough. Thanks for clarifying.
major
+14|6482
So if you login without your veterans account but then try it again it wont let you? that sucks but you can make more than one account right?
PhaxeNor
not sure, and aint going to test it.. I got my vet. status, and im not going to mess it up..
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6646|Malibu
I have the game now in DVD, and I'm installing it.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

I think a lot of you are confusing the EA account with a bf2142 account name, it's not the same.
Preatorion
+2|6492|St. Louis, MO.

StormEye wrote:

You suck
lowkee
+10|6405|Charlotte, NC
You can have multiple (up to 4) soldiers with a single account.
You cannot, however, have multiple accounts. 

So if you used more than one account login using BF2, make sure you use the correct one when initially logging into the EA master server (the login when the game loads).
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6433|Washington State, USA

StormEye wrote:

gamestop better have it for me...
Blindside
+1|6555|Maastricht, Netherlands
So do I have in the first screen to log with my EA-Account and then in the second (create soldier) with my BF2 nick to get veteran status or do I have to use my reserved BF2 nick in the first screen?
PhaxeNor

Blindside wrote:

So do I have in the first screen to log with my EA-Account and then in the second (create soldier) with my BF2 nick to get veteran status or do I have to use my reserved BF2 nick in the first screen?
Yes, but you have to use the nick you wanted to have.. Not just any nick i think..
Daniel_Malloy
+0|6619|Mars
Question: Will I be able to log in to another account that has been registered to another cd-key already after I have previously logged into my account? The reason I ask this is to find out if my friends and I will be screwed when we want to play our accounts (which we would have already registered to a cd-key) on another computer.
jnick
+22|6783

lowkee wrote:

I got my retail copy today and signed in using one of my two BF2 logins, played for a few mins, then realized that I was using the non-veteran-reserved login.

I then restarted the game and went to login using my main BF2 login, which failed with a message of:

"This cd-key has already been registered using a different account"

So, beware! UNLIKE BF2, BF2142 only allows a single login to be used.

Make sure you use the correct one or you will be screwed out of your veteran status and your promotions.
No it does't. You're allowed up to four account names on one e-mail address. Most likely it's one CD-Key per e-mail address.

Last edited by jnick (2006-10-17 21:06:46)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I'm not even sure if I want my veterans status, I mean, one unlock/rank hardly matters, and that big "2" is just annoying. I reserved "Tyferra" anyway, but meh, I'm kinda tired of that name anyways.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
.|microphage
+4|6634|Vancouver, BC
so wait...i use the same account name i use for EA downloader?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Wow, wouldnt this fuck ICafes over?
DreaD_ShoT
+0|6403
ermm...wasa just d/ling the demo was wondering in order to get the veterans stats do i login using my bf2 login or my new nick ?
even if it is using my bf2 login, when i create a new player will i get the upgrades?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard