liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
This is a patch for 'Battlefield 2142' not the demo or the beta.
Hallvard
+262|6521|North Norway

max wrote:

do you have bf2142 installed?
no he don't... stop fooling around knight
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6805|Orlando, FL - Age 43

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Jesus Christ! It's happening again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you expect something different??
Chou
+737|6789

liquidat0r wrote:

I just downloaded that patch, run the game and guess what, 2 times in a row: Your connection to the Master Server has been lost !!

Please don't say this is going to be the way to play...
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6668|The Netherlands

Choumichel wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

I just downloaded that patch, run the game and guess what, 2 times in a row: Your connection to the Master Server has been lost !!

At least for now, it is... I can't play for 5 minutes right now without disconnecting.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6617|Cork, Ireland

Darth_Fleder wrote:

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Jesus Christ! It's happening again! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you expect something different??
Well...no
Chou
+737|6789

Nessie09 wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

At least for now, it is... I can't play for 5 minutes right now without disconnecting.
Marvelous, aint it?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6547|UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I thought you were from the UK Knightnifer? How have you got the game to try this on?
Either he is trying to be funny and failed horribly

OR

He tried to patch the demo
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

On one hand it's good that they have this. On the other hand, it meant they didnt catch a bug like this (and probably tons more) well before going gold. This reminds me of when EA released 1.12 the day SF came out, which patched BF2 to 1.1. LOL GG.

Let's hope this isn't like the BF2 1.01 patch which made servers get memory leaks. lawl.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6515
its bf2 all over again
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6668|The Netherlands

oldgoat wrote:

its bf2 all over again
thats a good thing, bf2 was fun
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

I seriously thought this was a joke...
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

This game sucks/BF2 is better/Quake wars FTW/This game is just a BF2 mod/The unlocks suck/Ea sucks/Dice sucks/its so unrealistic/the walkers are overpowered/the weapons are overpowered/all the players are hackers/recon kit is unbalanced/EMP spamming is so noobish.....

Did I forget any?

I consistently cry myself to sleep....

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-10-17 14:27:14)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
You guys are retarded..

You complain when they Fix something before you even get to play it..

And you also complain when they dont fix something for a month when you are playing it..

what do you people want?!?
Riddick51PB
+21|6506|Lincoln.ne.us
can someone paste in here the default directory for BF2142, because i put my BF2142 in a custom directory and the BF2142 v1.01 patch isn't smart enough to let me specify the directory.

thx a mil
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Riddick51PB wrote:

can someone paste in here the default directory for BF2142, because i put my BF2142 in a custom directory and the BF2142 v1.01 patch isn't smart enough to let me specify the directory.

thx a mil
Why the hell would you do that?

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142

either that or \EA GAMES\
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6615|UCF

kmjnhb wrote:

max wrote:

do you have bf2142 installed?
no he don't... stop fooling around knight
Its a joke, you would get that error as soon as you start to install. And if you do get that, it is a registry error, I had that error once before, but it was "Can't find Black And White 2 on your system"
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6653|Teesside, UK

Hurricane wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

i put my BF2142 in a custom directory
Why not?  If your given an option to choose what directory you want to save games in then your perfectly entitled to choose where to install them.  they can't then assume everyone will leave the default choice.

I never save games in to the default folder and instead prefer to keep them together in a custom directory.  Helps remind me what i have installed instead of hunting around for scattered shortcuts.
Riddick51PB
+21|6506|Lincoln.ne.us

Hurricane wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

thx a mil

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142

either that or \EA GAMES\
hrm, i think i can't install the patch because technically, bf2142 isn't installed yet?  that's probably the issue.

i dl'd the preload and i dl'd the patch.  but i don't think the bf2142 retail preload is installed, correct?
Chaos81
+5|6687

Hurricane wrote:

The better question would be, why wouldn't you?
Zukabazuka
+23|6684
People if you are just gonna complain do us a favor get of this forum, we dont need you people to point this stuff out.
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden
People, seriously, look at how BF2 was in the start. Horrible buggy and damn unbalanced if you knew how to abuse the things in it.

BF2142 is gonna go through the same state but at least it's not THAT buggy and not THAT unbalanced. Even if the red name bug is still here it's like gonna happen 1/1000 or maybe even 1/10000, I havn't seen it once after the 1.4 patch to BF2.

And seriously did you guys belive this game WASN'T gonna get any patches?   Please, stop living in your little fantasy world then.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6617|Manitowoc, WI
Well, I suppose to put a positive spin on it, instead of delaying the release of the game, the sold it, and had a patch that fixed any problems.
DIEHARDBULLDOG
+0|6659
One day on the market and patched already...............Hmmmmmm.  Paradox for things to come? 

Okay, first dibs on how far a patch will go for 2142, any takers for 1.5 before 2142 loses its fizzle???????Maybe by then they will have released "Battlefield: Hell Freezes Over."
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6693|The Ville
I think I might make a trip out to walmart tonight around 12:30 they normally put it out ealry since there 24/7 I'll post if I get my hands on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard