*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6754|Malaga, EspaƱa
well i think it would be handy if the Engineers got this Feat to use for Controle Post defense.

* 1x Deployable Defense Gun.

and u can choose between a

-Light Machine gun on an Standard (400 Bullets)
-TOW with 5 rockets
-Stinger with 5x 2 rockets

so what do you think about that?

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2005-11-18 06:15:31)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6779|Human Meat Shield
More TK's for the Engy, great. 

Seriously I like it, esp like a mortar thingy. You can't do much with engy unless you are in a BH/Tank. CCQ --- whatever.
arizona91
+2|6760|Kansas City
Sounds fun to me.......the only thing I ever use the Engy for is if I'm going to get into a tank or if I'm trying to get a darned badge for repairs (which I've still yet to get those darned 10 repairs - 8 is the most).
bait
+0|6746|Louisville, KY
That would be awesome, but would nullify the support and anti-tank classes. I do however think there needs to be a reasonable way for infantry to defend against air threats, especially choppers, and the engineer is the perfrect class for that.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

bait wrote:

That would be awesome, but would nullify the support and anti-tank classes. I do however think there needs to be a reasonable way for infantry to defend against air threats, especially choppers, and the engineer is the perfrect class for that.
it wouldnt nullify it because the engineer if he had those gun emplacements he would be much more prone to fire than if u were support or anti tank. anti tank would also be much more effective if against a tank because the tank would be able to see the gun emplacement (its not like u can fold it up and carry it away in less than 5secs.) amazing idea though id love to see that in-game.
Mad dawg
+0|6779
That sounds like an awsome idea. I think the engis now kinda suck pretty bad. i like the whole air diffence thing. Cause for some maps its like those planes dont die. It gets anoying.
RadeonII
+1|6785
its sounds alot my Enemy Territory to me .. that game SUCKED , as for realism I`ve never seen 1 man be able to carry enough materials in a backpack to build something like that.. maybe if the commander dropped it and he had to put it together.
Galen1066
+1|6770|Colo. Springs
I'd also like to see an Engineer use his/ thier favorite tool Concertina Wire (yeah) for blocking pathways or small alleyways. Course they could always put in Razor Wire for the engineers as well deployed from a vehicle.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

i dont understand though, the mec engineeer is sooo much better than  the two others coz the shotie is automatic which makes it easier to kill. thats how i got my basic engineer combat badge.
Sud
+0|6758
Yes, engineers as-is are really bad. Their support points and opportunities are insignificant compared to those of a medic. Their weaponry is sub-standard, and their class weapon (AT mines) are laughable at best.

Now a deployable defensive gun sounds nice. Not so much for stingers, since all they like to do is TK, but the gun and the rocket launcher would definitely be nice. Maybe though a bit of a nerf on the rocket launcher. While it is valid that anti-tanks are a lot more useful and versatile due to their ability to move around and hide, the current stationary turret tank rockets appear to do much more damage than a standard anti-tank rocket. Usually those turrets are out in the open where they can be blown up by the tank, but I shudder to think what would happen when engineer can put them in safely entrenched areas
=DS=Unit92
+0|6751
Good idea, it would also help if using these counted towards your ground/air defense because 90% of the map objects (especially ground defense) are not very strategically placed, I don't know if it was intentional or not but getting kills from most of the mounted guns are impractical at best.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6762
if you think they S2K is the best shotgun because its automatic, your insane. who cares if your automatic, when you can get single-shot kills with the regular shotguns. look up the info on these guns on UBAR.

and please, never call a shotgun a shotie. no really. never.

the engineer is the weakest class in combat. even their main weapon (shotgun) is underpowered in non-urban maps. in urban maps, well, it gets a little different.

you could almost call the class "pilots". ive seen other similar games have that class, with similar abilities. but then, pilots dont carry around anti-tank mines. but anti-tank class could.

but i agree, something should be done about the engineer class, its pretty weak as is.
Bravery
+-1|6780
Since when did Battlefield 2, turn into Team Fortress Classic.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6763

Bravery wrote:

Since when was anything wrong with TFC? We already got the bunny hoppers playing here already....

Oh and A+ I like this idea. Give engineers buildable stuff. half the time I find a gun emplacement will be slightly off from where I would like it to be, either TOW, machine gun or anti-air.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-11-21 12:26:32)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

if you think they S2K is the best shotgun because its automatic, your insane. who cares if your automatic, when you can get single-shot kills with the regular shotguns. look up the info on these guns on UBAR.

and please, never call a shotgun a shotie. no really. never.

the engineer is the weakest class in combat. even their main weapon (shotgun) is underpowered in non-urban maps. in urban maps, well, it gets a little different.

you could almost call the class "pilots". ive seen other similar games have that class, with similar abilities. but then, pilots dont carry around anti-tank mines. but anti-tank class could.

but i agree, something should be done about the engineer class, its pretty weak as is.
i know that pump action shotties are better, but if ure facing a guy but not very very close i think people would prefer the auto shotie. then you have a better chance of killing the enemy
randomfire1977
+1|6743|Florida
I said in another post if they made buildings destroyable it would be great to have an engineer be able to repair the buildings as well. 

Now one thing I find funny is some peopel try to use air vehicles as engineers which serves them no purpose. They would be better off as a medic or supply.  Especially in blackhawks. 

I was in an efficent blackhawk crew once.  Pilot was medic, one gunner was supply another gunner was a medic.  The rest were engineers with one spawning as a anti-tank or spec ops every now and then.  Got lots of points enjoyed the ride and we even used voip *it would be great if they sold a headset with the game automatically cause so few people use them. 

wow I just rambled on...
sorry
Sud
+0|6758
How is this comparable? He's suggesting a manual turret you get into and aim, not an automated sentry gun.

They're already in the game, you just have no control over their placement.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

Team Fortress, yeah, THATS what it was from. I was trying to remember a game my mate played where you could do that type of thing. It's an okay idea. What happens to it when it runs out of ammo? Does it just sit there? Can a support guy re-load it? Does it just dissapear?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=DS=Unit92
+0|6751
I would say it disappears and the support guy and renew the engineers ability to build another one. That way you don't get some ammo guy sitting beside the thing while the other guy launches a thousand TOEs. Rather the kit takes a while to setup and has limited ammo, when out of ammo the engineer would have to set up another one after resupplying.
frvwfr2
+0|6742
I think they should add something like in 1942 or Vietnam. It was the Blow Torch which could just dismantle vehicles...
frvwfr2
+0|6742
one prob. w/ the mounted guns is if u had a whole group of engis set up in one area, they would dominate. They would win always
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

True. It'd be like Engineer, along with Shotguns, got a huge bloody machine-gun.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-22 16:27:20)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=DS=Unit92
+0|6751
They could limit the amount of buildable units to an area or map.

The other thing I would like to see is being able to hit people with your wrench... also be able to to not dismantle vehicles but dismantle/sabotage the arty/uav/radar.
Sud
+0|6758
one prob. w/ the mounted guns is if u had a whole group of engis set up in one area, they would dominate. They would win always
Not really. 1 anti tank rocket > 1 engineer mounting. Tanks would make short work of it too. As would artillery. And snipers.

Being motionless is a really big disadvantage.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard