FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

pace51 wrote:

I've heard Alien Swarm by Valve is pretty awesome. Also, if you're interested in topdown shooters, download counterstrike 2d. It's good for lulz.
cs2d sux
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Alien Swarm is fun with friends. Play on the hardest difficulty and use voice chat for epic lulz.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

If anyone wants to PM me with additions, I'll add them to the OP along with the submitter's name(s).
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

pace51 wrote:

I've heard Alien Swarm by Valve is pretty awesome. Also, if you're interested in topdown shooters, download counterstrike 2d. It's good for lulz.
cs2d sux
NO U.

It's actually decent.
iceman785
+93|6674|Alaska, mother fucker.
You should add Trackmania: United Nations to the list.  It's free on steam and the game has thousands of tracks and people playing the game.  It's pretty freakin' sweet.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5011|Ontario, Canada
May we reccomend flash games if they're especially good?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Sure. I'll split the OP into flash and non-flash if the list gets too big.
FloppY_
­
League of Legends needs to be added
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5011|Ontario, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sure. I'll split the OP into flash and non-flash if the list gets too big.
I'll provide links later if people want but since these are flash games all you have to do is google and download, though some games come in different versions and not all sites have the same updated version of a game.

Strategy: The below are TBS, RTS, or other tactical game types where strategy is the dominant element. Many of the below have RPG or shooter features too though. These are strategy, not defence. Some involve attacking and defending but none ar focussed purely on defence.

Feudalism: Excellent conquest game. Part RPG and part TPS. Set in medeival times with a visually pleasing environment. Start in a small town and build your way up. Tons of variety, weapons and armour and even troops differ between every city. Can be completed in 3-4 hours. Not to short or long, very addicting if you like this type of game. Has a rating of over 4 on Kongregate. Very well done, attacking a town of a foreign nation results in all towns of that nation waging war with you if you try to enter their cities unless you conquest them.
Feudalism 2 Same as the first except with less glitches, bigger map, new style of special weapons, upgradeable weapons, more races, bigger environment, more characters for more styles of play, tons of new unique weapons, and when you conquer towns you get a champion that you can keep trumping to make money. At least twice as long as the first, though.
Hex Empire Strategy game with a plaaying style that's incredibly easy to pick up. Large randomly generated maps. All about tactics and strategy,try to makesureyou have lots of cities, men, land, and morale. Very simple to learn, hours of fun. You start on a large map and have to defeat 4 opponents,difficulty varies on where you choose to put your capital city.
Modern tactics 2/3 Very similar in style. TBS with a great system, including overhead maps. You can make a squad and customize each type of soldier. You can choose what equips you and your men get. Tons of weapons, upgrades, etc. Lunch break sized campaign with tons of replay value. 3 is basically an easier to handle version of 2, with pistols and some new weapons. Map making and sharing enabled. Kongregate rating is just under 4.
Sonny/Sonny 2 Each has the exact same play styles. Extremely high rated strategy games.Turn base, except instead of an overhead tactical style,you get a few characters,your team gets a few, you take turns and it's an RPG. Addicting storyline with good music. Rated about 4.5 on kongregate respectively.
Infectonator: World Dominator Huge map, stage, etc. WORKING ON WILL FINISH DESCRIPTION SOON

If you need any advice, I've played the crap out of all these games, ask me if you need play tips. Or a guide.

Will keep updating
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Desticking for now.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547
There is a F2P MMO using the Source engine out.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/

Looks decent from gameplay videos. Haven't tried it yet, but just thought I would throw it out there.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
FloppY_
­

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

There is a F2P MMO using the Source engine out.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/

Looks decent from gameplay videos. Haven't tried it yet, but just thought I would throw it out there.
>Source engine
>MMO

soundsbadman

EDIT: *click link*
>Nexon (the same people who made Combat Arms
Soundsevenworseman

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-12-05 10:04:30)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Vindictus is fine, but kind of linear and overly Japanized. I'd probably rather play WoW, even if it meant having to shell out a monthly fee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard