[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685
According to the countdown on EA downloader, the game will be released at 12:00 AM Pacific Time. Those who preordered the game on EA downloader should be able to unlock the game and play at that time.

For those of you on the east coast of the US, I'm sorry. 3 AM EST is a crappy time for a game release.

I look forward to seeing you all in the middle of the night on Tuesday.

***EDIT***
The release date magically changed to the 18th @ 10 AM PST!!!

Dirrty

Last edited by [J5]Dirrty.Magic (2006-10-12 13:13:52)

Blindside
+1|6556|Maastricht, Netherlands
I don't get it.
I preordered it (living in Netherlands) and downloaded it over the night.
So now, I'm looking on the uploader, wanting to click "install" but there is no button, it just says: "Time untill release 7 days 15 hrs.....".
But this is also the day, when I can buy it in an usual store, I thought i could play earlier, or did I get something wrong?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

Blindside wrote:

I don't get it.
So now, I'm looking on the uploader, wanting to click "install" but there is no button, it just says: "Time untill release 7 days 15 hrs.....".
But this is also the day, when I can buy it in an usual store, I thought i could play earlier, or did I get something wrong?
What you've got there is a pre-load, for the next week you can download the file, but EA will not issue the release code until that counter gets to 0.

I've tried and failed so far at getting at the file early, I'm sure someone will be smart enough to get into it and install it, but until then you can sit and watch that counter.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
And while the release date for the US is the 17th, here in the UK it's the 20th, and I think the same date applies to the Netherlands, so if you're getting it from EA downloader you're getting it 3 days earlier than the shops.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

And while the release date for the US is the 17th, here in the UK it's the 20th, and I think the same date applies to the Netherlands, so if you're getting it from EA downloader you're getting it 3 days earlier than the shops.
Joy
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

I'm betting it will be on usenet in a day or 2.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
As an aside, if you haven't already downloaded it yet, may I suggest waiting for an appropriate time of day to do it. I tried last night when the countdown hit zero (9.00 p.m. here, 12.00 a.m. PST I think) and at first it said it was gonna take 6 hours and then the servers were full.

Turned off, tried again this morning, when the majority of the US is in bead, 1.5 hour download time. So much for EA's 8 hours at DSL.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685
Does it release at the exact same tie on EA Downloader in the UK and Europe? (1 AM PST here?)
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Not overly sure now. I was posting from work earlier, now I'm at home EA DL says it'll be released in 7 days, 5 hours and 20 mins which if I'm not mistaken makes it 1.00 a.m. on the 19th. So much for a 17th release date.

Bollocks
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685
Well who the hell does EA expect me to play with on the 17th? Its usually me and a bunch of Europe when I play at 4 AM. I wonder how many servers are gonna be up at that time anyways....
Dex Luther
+32|6440|Canukastan
Hasn't EA stated what day it's going to be released yet?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

the 17th US, 20th Europe, 19th in some Western European countries
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685

Dex Luther wrote:

Hasn't EA stated what day it's going to be released yet?
It appears to be different in different countries. The 1AM PST in the US on Tuesday. Looking the 1 AM the 19th for UK?

EDIT:

stryyker wrote:

the 17th US, 20th Europe, 19th in some Western European countries
There you have it. Stryyker pwns again.

Last edited by [J5]Dirrty.Magic (2006-10-11 11:51:01)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
I seem to remember seeing an american store having the release date as 18th, now that would tie in with EA downloader as it being released some time on the 18th afternoon (although that makes about as much sense as a chocolate enema).

Anybody have an official word on this?

Anybody American who's bought it through EA downloader have a countdown to release they could enlighten us on?
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685
It will release in 5 days and 12 hours on EA downloader at this time.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK

[J5]Dirrty.Magic wrote:

It will release in 5 days and 12 hours on EA downloader at this time.
What time does that make it for you? Something totally stupid?
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685

[J5]Dirrty.Magic wrote:

According to the countdown on EA downloader, the game will be released at 12:00 AM Pacific Time.
So 1 AM where I am.
Icleos
+101|6744

Blindside wrote:

I don't get it.
Alright this is for anyone who does not understand and is oblivious as to why they did this...
Electronic Arts released the download early so that it wouldn't be overloaded by downloaders on the official release date.  They never said you could actually play the game before October 17th.  Pay close attention next time.

Last edited by Icleos (2006-10-11 13:23:23)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK

Icleos wrote:

Blindside wrote:

I don't get it.
Alright this is for anyone who does not understand and is oblivious as to why they did this...
Electronic Arts released the download early so that it wouldn't be overloaded by downloaders on the official release date.  They never said you could actually play the game before October 17th.  Pay close attention next time.
Yeah, we all get that bit, what we are trying to establish is when exactly it's going to be available to install. It appears to be dependent on your locale.
MikesonCZ
+3|6569|Czech Republic (Prague)
I suppose it doesn't matter which country you are from when you pre-ordered. I am from Czech Republic (country right next to Germany :-)). October 17th, 2006 12:00 AM PST means October 18th, 2006 09:00 AM CET (Central European Time). Am I right?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
No, not necessarily. My countdown will hit 0 at 1:00 a.m. on the 19th GMT. That's 5:00 p.m. PST on the 18th, not short of 2 days after the US release date.

Like I said, I've downloaded it, I'm not gonna be tying up the servers, why can't I install it at the same time as the US?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6739

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

18th here in the Netherlands.
MikesonCZ

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

No, not necessarily. My countdown will hit 0 at 1:00 a.m. on the 19th GMT. That's 5:00 p.m. PST on the 18th, not short of 2 days after the US release date.

Like I said, I've downloaded it, I'm not gonna be tying up the servers, why can't I install it at the same time as the US?
Damn .... So after I will download it, then I'll be able to see countdown showing release date according to my location (Country)?
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6685
Holy Dogshit, I think we've been duped! My counter on EA downloader magically went back about 36 hours, making my release move form 1AM on the 17th to 11AM on the 18th. I've also noticed EA ads on xfire cahnged the release date to the 18th!

Is this documented anywhere, or did they think we wouldn't notice?
MikesonCZ
I am afraid you are right Dirrty.Magic :-(. You are not the only one who noticed :-(. See http://bf2142fever.com/ and http://www.totalbf2142.com/ for "more" info.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard