Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

RWANDA!

On a side note. . .if America kept her borders on lockdown like Norway and Iceland and made sure everyone was of the same color, I'm guessing its HDI would be a little higher.  We happen to be a melting pot tho and take people of all creeds, colors, etc. and so it isn't surprising that ours is lower.  Oh wait, sorry. . .I forgot.  You can't defend America on these forums because America is the evil Nazi regime who oppresses all its people and tries to take over the world.
Hahahahahahaha You geniuinely think america is the most diverse place, the majority of coloured people in America have been Americans for 50 years but in America lots of whites still refuse to accept them as american.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Turquoise wrote:

Polux wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I use the HDI as my measurement of the quality of a society as well.  Granted, I can't speak Norwegian, so that's why I haven't moved to Norway.
Do you speak luxemburgish ?

Rofl I doubt....
lol...  True, but you know what I mean.  America is one of the highest ranked primary English-speaking countries in the HDI.  Canada is one of the only ones higher than us, and I may perhaps move there someday.
Australia is at number 3....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6640|I smell corners

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Polux wrote:

Rofl I doubt....
lol...  True, but you know what I mean.  America is one of the highest ranked primary English-speaking countries in the HDI.  Canada is one of the only ones higher than us, and I may perhaps move there someday.
Yes...so what ??
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Polux wrote:

Rofl I doubt....
If Maxim magazine is correct about Australian women (most likely to have sex on a first date), then that's a tempting idea.  LOL

But seriously, one random thing about Australia that disturbs me is how part of the ozone hole periodically moves over parts of southern Australia.  I'm sure Sydney is a beautiful place, but I don't want to get skin cancer.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Vilham wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

RWANDA!

On a side note. . .if America kept her borders on lockdown like Norway and Iceland and made sure everyone was of the same color, I'm guessing its HDI would be a little higher.  We happen to be a melting pot tho and take people of all creeds, colors, etc. and so it isn't surprising that ours is lower.  Oh wait, sorry. . .I forgot.  You can't defend America on these forums because America is the evil Nazi regime who oppresses all its people and tries to take over the world.
Hahahahahahaha You geniuinely think america is the most diverse place, the majority of coloured people in America have been Americans for 50 years but in America lots of whites still refuse to accept them as american.
better show a link to back up that one. I dare ya!
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6446|Ontario, Canada
Canada~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
Any country who has legalized Weed and acid id say. This way you Know when to say, " I dont give a shit" and Theres no problems.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Any country who has legalized Weed and acid id say. This way you Know when to say, " I dont give a shit" and Theres no problems.
I highly suggest a visit to Amsterdam... 
doc. josh
+48|6537
Canada Ftw We Have No Wars At All We Just Send Out People To Be Team Killed By The Americans In Afghanistan
DocZ
+13|6680|Belgium
dey US and A
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6693|MoVal So-Cal
ANTARCTICA!!!! because nobody has fucked it up yet!!

Your kids will love: No school, constant ability to have teh snowballz fights AND de Penguins!!!
You will love: The awesome "super tan" system that has so graciously opened up above the land, Penguins AND snowballz!!!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Three way tie : Mali / Somalia / U.S.A
e71jag
+0|6395
The planet i take over!!!! ^_^v
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6693|MoVal So-Cal

CameronPoe wrote:

somalia? eh no. Then again you probably put that in there on purpose to make a quick jab at the US. Good job smartass
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6611|inside the recesses of your...

rob777 wrote:

don't you think that the states spends a little bit to much money on the military i mean their education system is greatly deteriorating affecting its own nations future for the worse
I hate how much we spend on miltary and NASA - and conversely our schools are getting hammered.

(And I'm a conservative!)
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Lol that was good joke actually, a dig at Americans that they probably wont understand. Lucky -karma was removed our you would be on like -1000000.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

rob777 wrote:

Personally i believe that Sweden's model of government and tax distribution i very close to being perfect, primarily funding health and education programs, and hardly spending a small portion on military and defense good standards for other countries to follow

agree/disagree share your comments
Which country in the world is closest to having a utopia?

SOMALIA! Followed closely by North Korea in 2nd place.

Last edited by {HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy (2006-10-21 17:52:03)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA
There is no such thing as a human utopia. . .

I would imagine the closet we came to having a utopia, is when we were nomadic.  As humans we traveled from one place to the other using enough resources that we needed at the time.  We had yet to grasp the concept of farming and hording wealth.  Ultimately this probabley was the most intune humans and the earth were with each other.

Once we became sedentary, we started building walls around ourselves, created the military to guard our belongings, and all hell broke loose.  Now we call ourselves different names to differentiate ourselves from one another.  We have created walled compounds of territory to warn people not to enter.  We accumulate wealth based on our surroundings, and based on that wealth project our will on others.

We are a sick species that will eventually ruin our home (Earth) and each other. . . . not even close to a utopia the way we are going!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

fadedsteve wrote:

I would imagine the closet we came to having a utopia, is when we were nomadic.  As humans we traveled from one place to the other using enough resources that we needed at the time.  We had yet to grasp the concept of farming and hording wealth.  Ultimately this probabley was the most intune humans and the earth were with each other.

Once we became sedentary, we started building walls around ourselves, created the military to guard our belongings, and all hell broke loose.  Now we call ourselves different names to differentiate ourselves from one another.  We have created walled compounds of territory to warn people not to enter.  We accumulate wealth based on our surroundings, and based on that wealth project our will on others.

We are a sick species that will eventually ruin our home (Earth) and each other. . . . not even close to a utopia the way we are going!
Suprisingly deep and strangely out of character for you FS (in terms of how you deride many of the things you espouse in other threads). If I had any karma left to give it would be +1 time.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-21 19:04:13)

JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6433|Canada
Canada...free healthcare!!!!
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Suprisingly deep and strangely out of character for you FS (in terms of how you deride many of the things you espouse in other threads). If I had any karma left to give it would be +1 time.
Well thank you!!

I am glad you enjoyed the post!! I surprise people from time to time. . .maybe I just got a tad smarter?? I did turn 27 today. . lol

+1 for you though hows that!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Time to derail...

Which country in the world is closest to having a dystopia?
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6680|UK
Anyone who says America, is stupid.
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6440|Alice Springs

Turquoise wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If Maxim magazine is correct about Australian women (most likely to have sex on a first date), then that's a tempting idea.  LOL

But seriously, one random thing about Australia that disturbs me is how part of the ozone hole periodically moves over parts of southern Australia.  I'm sure Sydney is a beautiful place, but I don't want to get skin cancer.
spf30+ works well. we even let bloody POMS in. heck we let everyone in. But Tasmania isn't part of Australia - they have 2 heads there. and their overseas.

but hey..... aussie aussie aussie....oi oi oi !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard