Vartan
+10|6732|Belgium
Holland isn't even a country, get your facts straight. And NO.."Holland" is FAR from being perfect, hands down, Sweden is by far the country that has reached the utmost high level of perfection.
rob777
It's sexy time!!
+11|6496|toronto canada
hey hey hey, if we are talking about WW2 here the us was in isolation and America first, neutrality up until the pearl harbor attacks and whether or not they would have intervened in Europe if pearl harbor had not happened is still a question that can't really be answered
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6429|canada
canada.....cause i said so   or jamaica!

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2006-10-12 20:23:15)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6560|USA

rob777 wrote:

don't you think that the states spends a little bit to much money on the military i mean their education system is greatly deteriorating affecting its own nations future for the worse
its not that we spend too much on military, but that we have retards in office who are out for themselves. these days it seems like 90% of the things that come thru congress have to do with government payment and benefits, and then you get retards like bush and his no child left behind act.

although the NCLB has merit and is good in theory, it just doesnt work the way its set up. it needs to encourage higher standards, and extra schooling for those who just aren't smart enough.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6429|canada

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

I can't count any countries, Sweden, Switzerland etc......... or any other neutral country as qualified for a "utopia" label. Although I am sure these place are beautiful, it is not fair to enjoy the peace and freedoms that others have to defend while you sit back and watch. Or bow to whoever is more threatening to you at the time.

http://www.adl.org/Braun/dim_14_1_neutrality_europe.asp
I agree.
the only reason they dont have to fight is cause they dont piss any other country off
plus the definition of utopia is a place of ideal perfection
war=inperfection
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

rob777 wrote:

hey hey hey, if we are talking about WW2 here the us was in isolation and America first, neutrality up until the pearl harbor attacks and whether or not they would have intervened in Europe if pearl harbor had not happened is still a question that can't really be answered
America was contributing to the war effort before Pearl Harbor. Try a search for the US Merchant Marines of the time period.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6560|USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mcminty wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

how can you honestly say THE U.S   dat is the most pathetic answer ever.. you guys are killing eachother like no tommorow.. keep it up an there mighten be
Not to mention the crumbling education system, health system and high levels of obesity.

Hmm, I want to gauge what Americans are being taught compared to what I'm being taught.

Can anyone provide me a link to some USA syllabi for High School subjects? I don't care what state they are from, I just want to know what you guys learn in American Schools...

Here are the syllabi for New South Wales, Australia

Mcminty.
i have a 4.1 gpa... american schools arent as shitty as you may think
same for me, but

AP english comp
pre calc (adv. math here)
AP us history
AP chem
french III (big mistake, but at least i can fuck with those pussies in french)
journalism

next year:

AP lit
AP calc AB
AP gov/econ
photo
journalism
AP Physics or biology or enviromental science, i havent decided yet. ES is a joke though
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

INFERNO552 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

I can't count any countries, Sweden, Switzerland etc......... or any other neutral country as qualified for a "utopia" label. Although I am sure these place are beautiful, it is not fair to enjoy the peace and freedoms that others have to defend while you sit back and watch. Or bow to whoever is more threatening to you at the time.

http://www.adl.org/Braun/dim_14_1_neutrality_europe.asp
I agree.
the only reason they dont have to fight is cause they dont piss any other country off
plus the definition of utopia is a place of ideal perfection
war=inperfection
Of course they don't "piss anyone off" they have a history of collaborating with anyone that threatens them. Not exactly a fact of which to be proud.

If countries like these are "utopian", it is because someone else paid the price for it. That is why they don't qualify in my opinion, they didn't "earn" it.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6498|Minnesota eh

Ender2309 wrote:

same for me, but

AP english comp
AP us history
AP chem
journalism

next year:

AP lit
AP calc AB
AP gov/econ
photo
journalism
AP Physics or biology or enviromental science, i havent decided yet. ES is a joke though
and u still have time for bf2!?!?!?!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6709|California

Ender2309 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Not to mention the crumbling education system, health system and high levels of obesity.

Hmm, I want to gauge what Americans are being taught compared to what I'm being taught.

Can anyone provide me a link to some USA syllabi for High School subjects? I don't care what state they are from, I just want to know what you guys learn in American Schools...

Mcminty.
same for me, but

AP english comp
AP us history
AP chem
journalism

next year:

AP lit
AP calc AB
AP gov/econ
photo
journalism
you are a slave to the system, my friend.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6560|USA

stryyker wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

same for me, but

AP english comp
AP us history
AP chem
journalism

next year:

AP lit
AP calc AB
AP gov/econ
photo
journalism
not really, i have an "exceptional" memory and i spend no more time for these classes that an average kid would spend on average classes.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6531|Winterpeg, Canada

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

rob777 wrote:

don't you think that the states spends a little bit to much money on the military i mean their education system is greatly deteriorating affecting its own nations future for the worse
You could be glad that your friend America has to spend this money to protect itself from emerging enemies meanwhile your Country Canada and Sweeden Ireland and elsewhere in Europe can go ahead and spend absolutely no tax money on a defense budget. I would think it would be nice to know that there are other larger powers in the world spend thier money to defend them and therefore you being under thier sphere of influence and protection get a free pass.
True, but you can't blame the countries who "get a free pass" for not spending money on protecting themselves. For example, theoretically, if you had 2 bordering countries with a militiary power equivalent to the U.S.'s, it could widely influence the people of that country, good and bad. Also, the population of Canada for example is tiny, which means the government is getting less tax money (what I would thing), therefore they have less to spend on such militiary technology and such.

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

America is far from perfect and the education system certainly has room for improvement but that said it definately isnt shit and ranks somewhere amongst the best in the world. That and out Universities are the best in the world.
Totally agree on this part as no country could ever be anywhere near perfect.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

rob777 wrote:

Personally i believe that Sweden's model of government and tax distribution i very close to being perfect, primarily funding health and education programs, and hardly spending a small portion on military and defense good standards for other countries to follow

agree/disagree share your comments
Sure, only it's too bad not all countries are comfortably surrounded by a hornet's nest of foreign military spending.

Jbrar wrote:

...but you can't blame the countries who "get a free pass" for not spending money on protecting themselves.
Nor do I have to kick back and regard their snobbery because of it with a deaf ear and blind eye.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-12 21:00:00)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6559|Portland, OR, USA

Yaocelotl wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Mcminty.
i'm a junior at one of the top 500 schools in america

i am taking

AP chemistry (college chemistry)
Physics
Spanish III (third year)
Pre-Calc.
Vietnam in the 60s
English

next year (senior year) i plan on taking

AP physics (college level physics)
Calc. AB (first year level college calc)
Spainish IV
AP english (college level english)
and AP Euro history (college level history class)

And how much you weight?
"AP" classes are weighted out of 5.0 instead of 4.0
CommieChipmunk
+488|6559|Portland, OR, USA

Ender2309 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

same for me, but

AP english comp
AP us history
AP chem
journalism

next year:

AP lit
AP calc AB
AP gov/econ
photo
journalism
not really, i have an "exceptional" memory and i spend no more time for these classes that an average kid would spend on average classes.
AP US is tight i took that last year.  It so much info in a short time though
rob777
It's sexy time!!
+11|6496|toronto canada

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

rob777 wrote:

You could be glad that your friend America has to spend this money to protect itself from emerging enemies meanwhile your Country Canada and Sweden Ireland and elsewhere in Europe can go ahead and spend absolutely no tax money on a defense budget. I would think it would be nice to know that their other larger powers in the world spend their money to defend them and therefore you being under their sphere of influence and protection get a free pass.

America is far from perfect and the education system certainly has room for improvement but that said it definitely isn't shit and ranks somewhere amongst the best in the world. That and out Universities are the best in the world.
i think the reason many terrorist organizations target the u.s is because of two reasons 1. yes the u.s is a world super power and two the u.s as one of the most threatening armies in the world and who to people usually target, those who are the biggest threat to them
beerface702
+65|6682|las vegas
Japan is awesome

dunno if it's a utopia. i spent 5 years there. and i must say i would move back in a minute.

i was younger..left when i was 16..but still i remeber it being just really awesome, very friendly people. good economy, great education system, no overspending on military, crime levels that are some of the lowtest in the world, including 80% of European countries..

plus they have great toy and hobby brands..
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6757

Bubbalo wrote:

BN wrote:

For me, Australia is Utopia...for the refugees and aboriginals...thats another story.
A Utopian society means a perfect world in which everyone is happy, and everything is fair and equal.
He said Uptopia not utopian society
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6670|Disaster Free Zone

CommieChipmunk wrote:

i'm a junior at one of the top 500 schools in america

i am taking

AP chemistry (college chemistry)
Physics
Spanish III (third year)
Pre-Calc.
Vietnam in the 60s
English

next year (senior year) i plan on taking

AP physics (college level physics)
Calc. AB (first year level college calc)
Spainish IV
AP english (college level english)
and AP Euro history (college level history class)

Hooray you have listed some subjects. Doesn't tell us shit about what you learn. And your at school, why are you doing college level anything? Unless the standard subjects are so bad (or college level is so low).
I did:
Advanced English, Advanced maths, Extension 1 maths, Economics, Business studies, Chemistry & Physics

But that tells you nothing about what I learnt or the standard of the education. What I can tell you is we watched videos of American College lectures in year 10 Science.

Bubbalo wrote:

Oh, yes.  Australia is such a utopia.  What with our treatment of refugees, lingering Aboriginal problems, and anti-Middle Eastern government.  Total utopia.
I think your getting refugees and Illegal immigrants mixed up. Legal refugees are treated as such and taken care of, its only those trying to cheat the system and get into Australia (Because its the best country on earth) Illegally that get locked up (as prisoner because they are breaking the law).

The only Aboriginal problems are their inability to adapt and mix culturally with the community. They are given plenty of welfare, land rights and education, its them who spend it on alcohol and turn to crime.

Anti-middle Eastern government. Sure, our government supports the removal of dictators who commit genocide and those suspected of 'terrorist' attacks. Man thats something to be ashamed of, freeing a race of people from Dictatorship.

As for the most Utopian country. I know theres problems with Australia, but there are with every country and you can never escape that. The top countries IMO are Scandinavian, Australia & NZ.

But they rank counties using the HDI.

wiki wrote:

Top thirty countries (HDI range from 0.963 down to 0.878)
   1. Flag of Norway Norway (
   2. Flag of Iceland Iceland (↑ 5)
   3. Flag of Australia Australia (
   4. Flag of Luxembourg Luxembourg (↑ 11)
   5. Flag of Canada Canada (↑ 1)
   6. Flag of Sweden Sweden (↓ 4)
   7. Flag of Switzerland Switzerland (↑ 4)
   8. Flag of Republic of Ireland Ireland (↑ 2)
   9. Flag of Belgium Belgium (↓ 3)
  10. Flag of the United States United States (↓ 2)
  11. Flag of Japan Japan (↓ 2)
  12. Flag of Netherlands Netherlands (↓ 7)
  13. Flag of Finland Finland (
  14. Flag of Denmark Denmark (↑ 3)
  15. Flag of United Kingdom United Kingdom (↓ 3)
  16. Flag of France France (
  17. Flag of Austria Austria (↓ 3)
  18. Flag of Italy Italy (↑ 3)
  19. Flag of New Zealand New Zealand (↓ 1)
  20. Flag of Germany Germany (↓ 1)
  21. Flag of Spain Spain (↓ 1)
  22. Flag of Hong Kong Hong Kong (SAR of People's Republic of China P.R.C.) (↑ 1)
  23. Flag of Israel Israel (↓ 1)
  24. Flag of Greece Greece (
  25. Flag of Singapore Singapore (↑3)
  26. Flag of Slovenia Slovenia (↑ 1)
  27. Flag of Portugal Portugal (↓ 1)
  28. Flag of South Korea South Korea (↑ 5)
  29. Flag of Cyprus Cyprus (↑ 1)
  30. Flag of Barbados Barbados (↓ 1)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6818
Of the place I've been to I'd say Sweeden was the best, followed closely by Denmark and Canada.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
According to FOX News it's a close call between Iraq and Afghanistan.
BVC
+325|6684

Bubbalo wrote:

Oh, yes.  Australia is such a utopia.  What with our treatment of refugees, lingering Aboriginal problems, and anti-Middle Eastern government.  Total utopia.

IMHO, no one is close.  If I had to make a call though...........I dunno, maybe New Zealand or Canada or something?  Then again, if I lived in either of those countries I might know a lot more about their problems.  South Korea, perhaps.  I hear over there cars are left unlocked with the keys inside in case someone needs it in an emergency, or needs to move it.  Supposedly crime is just that low.
Australia is like NZ, but bigger and warmer.  My reason for picking Australia is its a free country with good living standards and an abundance of natural resources.

OT a bit: Did you know its often cheaper to buy a Holden in Australia and ship it to NZ than it is to buy one in NZ?

Last edited by Pubic (2006-10-13 04:05:20)

buttersIRL
+17|6586

CameronPoe wrote:

Of the places I have seen with my own two eyes I'd have to say that Sweden is up there. Smallest gap between rich and poor that I've seen whilst still maintaining all of the freedoms of a non-communist society, affording them all of the most modern luxuries available and keeping enough of an incentive there to better yourself and to contribute to society as a whole. Wintertime there might be a bit of a drag however.
does sweden not have 1 of the highest suicide rates in the world ?
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6537|USA bitches!

rob777 wrote:

Personally i believe that Sweden's model of government and tax distribution i very close to being perfect, primarily funding health and education programs, and hardly spending a small portion on military and defense good standards for other countries to follow.

agree/disagree share your comments
Yes, spendy barely any money to protect yourselves. That makes sense. What do you think would happen to America if we did that? We'd be blown away in a freaking minute. When you're a country nobody really cares about, then you can do that. But, when you're THE superpower, you have to worry about everyone.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
Ethiopia - there's only four letters of a difference...

Unfortunate however that 14 year olds in said country go through mid-life crises...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-10-13 07:17:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard