I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6690|Melbourne, Australia
how can you honestly say THE U.S   dat is the most pathetic answer ever.. you guys are killing eachother like no tommorow.. keep it up an there mighten be
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

I.M.I Militant wrote:

how can you honestly say THE U.S   dat is the most pathetic answer ever.. you guys are killing eachother like no tommorow.. keep it up an there mighten be
Not to mention the crumbling education system, health system and high levels of obesity.

Hmm, I want to gauge what Americans are being taught compared to what I'm being taught.

Can anyone provide me a link to some USA syllabi for High School subjects? I don't care what state they are from, I just want to know what you guys learn in American Schools...

Here are the syllabi for New South Wales, Australia

Mcminty.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Don't turn this into a US bash-thread. Stating the reasons why your choice is correct will be infinitely more effective than trading yet more insults.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia
Mcminty, The NSW education system - apparently - craps on the American equivalent.

Advanced English and 2Unit Maths are the equivalent to Honours Subjects in the USA, and if you are relatively familiar with the NSW system, those are preety basic subjects. Those are the only two i know of in terms of comparison but based on that can you imagine something like Chemistry or Economics being compared?

Oh and yeah - i think the closest thing to a Utopia we have on this Earth would have to be Switzerland or Dubai in the UAE. Not based on anything specific, just my opinion

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-10-11 02:51:10)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6756

MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!
long rolling frozen beaches, hot russian babes, ex-soviet russian speaking crazy people... and just look at their statues!

https://www.cromwell-intl.com/travel/pictures/russia-lenin.jpg
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

Masques wrote:

Sweden or Finland
Norway shouldn't be too shabby either
commissargizz
+123|6434| Heaven
iraq   as all the muslims will go to heaven quicker when they kill each other
IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California
Tonga.
Korpen
+6|6390
No country...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Holland.
rob777
It's sexy time!!
+11|6478|toronto canada
mhhmm i see a lot of people agree with me with northern European countries
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Lego Island
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
I can't count any countries, Sweden, Switzerland etc......... or any other neutral country as qualified for a "utopia" label. Although I am sure these place are beautiful, it is not fair to enjoy the peace and freedoms that others have to defend while you sit back and watch. Or bow to whoever is more threatening to you at the time.

http://www.adl.org/Braun/dim_14_1_neutrality_europe.asp

Last edited by lowing (2006-10-12 19:45:16)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
Iraq!!!
https://www.mkgallery.com/artists/fairey/images/2005/large/greetings_from_iraq_lg.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

sergeriver wrote:

Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Holland.
QTF
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6603|USA
Antarctica bitches
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6414|California
Africa all of it!!!!!!!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Having everything legal, and having a Utopia are two very different ideas.

But history proves that all Utopian-modeled societies fail after a few years.
so my vote goes to the Larmba Chicken Planet of Argon-9
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

I can't count any countries, Sweden, Switzerland etc......... or any other neutral country as qualified for a "utopia" label. Although I am sure these place are beautiful, it is not fair to enjoy the peace and freedoms that others have to defend while you sit back and watch. Or bow to whoever is more threatening to you at the time.

I agree.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA

mcminty wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Not to mention the crumbling education system, health system and high levels of obesity.

Hmm, I want to gauge what Americans are being taught compared to what I'm being taught.

Can anyone provide me a link to some USA syllabi for High School subjects? I don't care what state they are from, I just want to know what you guys learn in American Schools...

Mcminty.
i'm a junior at one of the top 500 schools in america

i am taking

AP chemistry (college chemistry)
Physics
Spanish III (third year)
Pre-Calc.
Vietnam in the 60s
English

next year (senior year) i plan on taking

AP physics (college level physics)
Calc. AB (first year level college calc)
Spainish IV
AP english (college level english)
and AP Euro history (college level history class)

i have a 4.1 gpa... american schools arent as shitty as you may think
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mcminty wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Mcminty.

i am taking

Physics
Spanish III (third year)
Pre-Calc.
Vietnam in the 60s
English

Spainish IV

And how much you weight?
dquinner
+4|6465|Ireland
Its definitely a country in Europe probably Holland or Sweden.

Last edited by dquinner (2006-10-12 20:03:06)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Yaocelotl wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Mcminty.

i am taking

Physics
Spanish III (third year)
Pre-Calc.
Vietnam in the 60s
English

Spainish IV

And how much you weight?
LOL, now there is a relevant question.
Don't worry though, after you get your answer, I am sure YOUR dad can still beat up HIS dad..
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

I agree.
Ut ohhhh Spearhead, that is 2 or 3 times we have agreed on something, are you getting as nervous about that as I am??

rob777 wrote:

don't you think that the states spends a little bit to much money on the military i mean their education system is greatly deteriorating affecting its own nations future for the worse
You could be glad that your friend America has to spend this money to pretect itself from emerging enemies meanwhile your Country Canada and Sweeden Ireland and elsewhere in Europe can go ahead and spend absolutely no tax money on a defense budget. I would think it would be nice to know that ther other larger powers in the world spend thier money to defend them and therefore you being under thier sphere of influence and protection get a free pass.

America is far from perfect and the education system certainly has room for improvement but that said it definately isnt shit and ranks somewhere amongst the best in the world. That and out Universities are the best in the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard