Impaqt
+37|6646|Chicago, Il
Really folks..   Using a Game engine for multiple game sis nothing new..... How many games has ID released?  How many game engines do they have? 

2142 hasnt excited me all that much.....   Personally, I'll stick with BF2 and DDO for the time being..  Maybe if I get bored waiting for Qwake Wars I'll pick it up..  But not on the short list right now.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6653|Malibu

Maximus[be] wrote:

I have been thingking quite a lot about this lately and i guess i finally got out of it

Because they realised that bf2 was their biggest mistake (2 meany bugs etc) ever so now there is bf2 n°2 bf2142

it's just a futuristic bf2.
they are a lot alike check it our urselves   ( more then you think)

and still now there are some bugs on the 1.4 patch. i agree they are not enoying but still there are some bugs left. ( im to tired to come up with some but last week end i found 1 or 2)
Dude the BF2 isn't the only thing that has so many bugs in it.
Apparently your spelling is quite bugged.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Wojo97civic wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Because of like............money............and stuff.
No becasue Ea found out about quake wars and said oh shit what are we going to do. lets make new maps take away all the kits no one likes, airplanes, hrmm maybe we should change the ranking system so we can compete with quake wars.   Perfect
So..........like...........money.
Wojo97civic
+5|6459

usmarine2005 wrote:

Wojo97civic wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Because of like............money............and stuff.
No becasue Ea found out about quake wars and said oh shit what are we going to do. lets make new maps take away all the kits no one likes, airplanes, hrmm maybe we should change the ranking system so we can compete with quake wars.   Perfect
So..........like...........money.
Sigh... i guess
Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden
Because they wanna attract those who DID NOT like BF2 but more of a Futuristic type of game.
GM_Sniper
One Shot Kill!
+4|6620
I don't know ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6760|Leipzig/Germany
EA fears enemy territory - i saw some trailers - this game could really rock da house
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

|60|Cobalt wrote:

EA fears enemy territory - i saw some trailers - this game could really rock da house
No, they dont. QW will never bring to the house what 1942/BF2/2142 are offering. Someone from DICE even said that its not logical to compare the two, because they are different games.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6742|Singapore
Btw can i ask if vietnam has the same engine has 1942? I played viet but never touched 1942.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica

greenhaven wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
lendll
+16|6441

Zefar wrote:

Because they wanna attract those who DID NOT like BF2 but more of a Futuristic type of game.
I've been playing all sorts of futuristic video games over the last decade+. BF2142 does NOT capture that "of the future" feeling, at ALL. I can probably attribute this to Dice wanting to keep us "pleased" by making the guns shoot bullets like contemporary weapons, yet still be nice sci-fi looking weaponry with pretty flashes and all. The result? Half-assness in both respects.

MuseSeeker wrote:

Its been a year - its reasonable.
It would of have been reasonable if Dice put in 2-3 years work into a 1 year period. THAT woulda been reasonable! We would have gotten a quality game that would no doubt win the crowds over(and pay Dice back). Hell, woulda been reasonable if dice put in a YEAR AND A HALF into the game, the extra half just to simply get rid of the bugs. Buttttttttttttttt noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, "MONEY IS TIME AND WE'LL LOSE MONEY THE LONGER WE WAIT YALL LAWL:D" Why does a demo of a supposedly cream-of-the-crop game give the amount of people it has trouble? Wtf is a missing dx_whatever.dll bug?!!?!

And if I'm correct, it hasn't been a year and a half since bf2 was released, cuz it was released last year June.

"Money over Quality. They won't know the difference anyway LAWL."
JovesApples
+4|6461|USA
dunno why you are surprised, how long was it from BF2 launch until SF came out, and how much did that cost?

look at EA's sports titles, a new version every year that is not much different than the previous years. they are pooping out PC games like a console game where there are no patches or mods to help a games longevity.

2142 seems ok, im not a hater at all but i dont think im gonna bother. i was most disappointed in the orbital bombardment, i mean wtf is it? i wanted to see low yield nukes and ionspheric weapons, maybe a microwave beam or sonic ball busters. i think if they cooked this game a little longer it could have been amazing.

i think QW is gonna bomb too, just dont seem likely.

i think im gonna grab NWN2, and maybe the new Total War game, and keep playing BF2.
lendll
+16|6441

JovesApples wrote:

dunno why you are surprised, how long was it from BF2 launch until SF came out, and how much did that cost?

look at EA's sports titles, a new version every year that is not much different than the previous years. they are pooping out PC games like a console game where there are no patches or mods to help a games longevity.

2142 seems ok, im not a hater at all but i dont think im gonna bother. i was most disappointed in the orbital bombardment, i mean wtf is it? i wanted to see low yield nukes and ionspheric weapons, maybe a microwave beam or sonic ball busters. i think if they cooked this game a little longer it could have been amazing.

i think QW is gonna bomb too, just dont seem likely.

i think im gonna grab NWN2, and maybe the new Total War game, and keep playing BF2.
I too think bf2142 woulda been good if they developed it for a longer while. Thought is needed to make a game exceptional, and thought(and seeing it come to life) takes time:/ And the bugs of course:p
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

I reckon it was because they realised they fucked BF2 beyond repair and wanted to make a clean start.

That and what usmarine2005 wrote.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dex Luther
+32|6446|Canukastan
games will always have bugs, it's a fact of life. It's called human error.

There will always be patches because people will always figure out how to use things in ways that ever never intended/thought of and that sometimes unbalances the game, so that needs fixing.

So if you think a game having bugs/patches is a bad thing, then go make your own game see how that turns out. At least EA is TRYING to fix everything they can. I know a lot of devs that don't even try.

If you think EA is bad, then you sure weren't playing Halo 2 a while ago. Bungie made people PAY for maps that they didn't bother to encode a protection into, so people would mod the maps and go play online. The people with modded maps would force host, and would be able to have advantages like running super fast, jumping really high, shooting 3 guns at the same time (even guns that you were only able to hold one of, like the rocket launcher, shotgun, etc), they even had flying jeeps and other crap. The worse part is they didn't fix it for atleast 5-6 months (when the maps became free for anyone who hadn't bought them before), and even then the patch hardly worked at all. People who just didn't log out of the game never had to download the patch and therefor weren't affected.

Now compaired to that EA's doing an awesome job IMO. BF2 is fine the way it is now.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-10-09 23:46:53)

lendll
+16|6441

Dex Luther wrote:

games will always have bugs, it's a fact of life. It's called human error.

There will always be patches because people will always figure out how to use things in ways that ever never intended/thought of and that sometimes unbalances the game, so that needs fixing.

So if you think a game having bugs/patches is a bad thing, then go make your own game see how that turns out. At least EA is TRYING to fix everything they can. I know a lot of devs that don't even try.

If you think EA is bad, then you sure weren't playing Halo 2 a while ago. Bungie made people PAY for maps that they didn't bother to encode a protection into, so people would mod the maps and go play online. The people with modded maps would force host, and would be able to have advantages like running super fast, jumping really high, shooting 3 guns at the same time (even guns that you were only able to hold one of, like the rocket launcher, shotgun, etc), they even had flying jeeps and other crap. The worse part is they didn't fix it for atleast 5-6 months (when the maps became free for anyone who hadn't bought them before), and even then the patch hardly worked at all. People who just didn't log out of the game never had to download the patch and therefor weren't affected.

Now compaired to that EA's doing an awesome job IMO. BF2 is fine the way it is now.
Games will always have bugs--of course--but why should we be seeing so many people having the problems they have with bf2142's demo? Not ONCE did I crash while playing the bf2 demo. It was flawless by all means. In the bf2142 demo, I crash every other round or so. You may have heard this but a demo is supposed to DEMONSTRATE what to expect in the full game. Of course I can be patient and expect a patch for the retail as soon as the retail comes out, but damn, aren't I paying $50 to play without these show-stopping bugs?

Yes, people make mistakes, even in coding, but then give yourself TIME to correct the mistakes, not just one year. Don't ship the game out with bugs*, tainting the game's already young reputation, and expect us to wait for some patches to fix it up, especially since "we all know" how wonderful EA is at fixing bugs.

And while some of you would compare EA's support to that of other lesser companies, I'll just go right ahead and compare their support to that of REAL support I've experienced over the years, in games that I love.

*I'll give EA/Dice respect if they fix the retail to acceptable levels when it comes out. IF they even do that.
n00b.Worx
+44|6735|West Berlin!

RyansRangers wrote:

because a bunch of idiots like u will buy it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard