Twinn
+3|6549|Milwaukee, WI
Is it just me or is the gameplay completely lackluster without the unlock system. I've played maybe 5 rounds and I'm completely bored, ready to toss it aside like its another bad mod. The gameplay is even more monotonous than the maps enviroment design  Yes I did play the beta so maybe I was spoiled by all the gadgets I unlocked, but honestly I dont think a new player will see it any differently. It doesn't leave you wanting more at all.

What they should have done was set up a trial period. Cap it at something like 5 unlocks, and than have the option to port the account over to retail. I guess its just easier to go apeshit with advertising and hope people are dumb enough to get sucked into their cheesy gimmicks. "Don't forget to pre-order kids... you wouldn't want your family to unexpectedly die would you? Plus you get a really cool alternate skin for your gun!!! Send this to 20 of your closest friends or you'll have bad luck for 5 years."

Last edited by Twinn (2006-10-06 21:23:32)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica
lol I agree, they should have enabled the tier1 and maybe tier2 unlocks to spice things up.  Inf is very bland compared to the beta.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6581|British Columbia, Canada
Thats the reason i'm not even gonna download the Demo..

I played the BETA, wasn't all that great..
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

Boooooriiiiiinnngg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6635|UCF
That, the point system, and the darkness. Am I the only one thinking the map is too dark?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6581|British Columbia, Canada
God dammit.. I hope all the maps on BF2142 aren't all foggy and dark..

I want Clear Open skys like wake and Oman..
saber66
+12|6474
agreed.....i have played 4 rounds and now have a headache becuase its the same boring thing,,,,,having crappy guns....and boring gameplay......

im stickin with bf2 till bf 2142 comes out

and the graphics on the demo arent even as good as bf2...wats up with taht?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6738|California

Turin Harbor is where the CQB action is at
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

It is like walking around in someones incomplete thoughts
ilyandor
+31|6707|Phoenix, AZ

jsnipy wrote:

It is like walking around in someones incomplete thoughts
lol exactly..
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6692|Houston, Texas
Demo sucks. Beta sucked. They were/are boring because the maps suck ass. Welp thats 2 maps down that are lame. I think i'll wait until i see screenshots of *every* map before i even consider buying 2142 now.
Twinn
+3|6549|Milwaukee, WI

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Demo sucks. Beta sucked. They were/are boring because the maps suck ass. Welp thats 2 maps down that are lame. I think i'll wait until i see screenshots of *every* map before i even consider buying 2142 now.
oh you can be sure to get that, as they make you sit through a 1-2 minute long advertisement everytime the map reloads which shows screenshots from the maps, and all the ranking bs... its almost as irritating as having to sit through that stupid training video on initial launch.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6740|Oregon
oh come on, the demo is awesome...its just much more of a team-oriented game then bf2 was...played it a while this afternoon by myself, then went to the football game, but when i came back, everyone in my clan had it, and it was so-o-o fun. get some tactics, spread out classes, etc.

o, and try the recon kit, even if you hate sniping (i do)...its ownage...45k-7d, not camping on a conquest server...what now?
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6702

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

oh come on, the demo is awesome...its just much more of a team-oriented game then bf2 was...played it a while this afternoon by myself, then went to the football game, but when i came back, everyone in my clan had it, and it was so-o-o fun. get some tactics, spread out classes, etc.

o, and try the recon kit, even if you hate sniping (i do)...its ownage...45k-7d, not camping on a conquest server...what now?
Word.

Not having fun? Make it fun! Knife the whole round! Still not having fun? Wait for the retail version so you can get all the fun toys. Still not having fun? Go play Doom 2 and leave us alone!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6640|Gold coast, Aus.

[J5]Dirrty.Magic wrote:

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

Word.

Not having fun? Make it fun! Knife the whole round! Still not having fun? Wait for the retail version so you can get all the fun toys. Still not having fun? Go play Doom 2 and leave us alone!
Yes. You just all be haters yo.
MECtallica
+73|6523|jalalabad
meh, 2142 runs horribly on my computer, I really dont like it
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6751|Oslo, Norway
lol, good thing I can not download the mod demo.
oberst_enzian
+234|6761|melb.au

Twinn wrote:

It doesn't leave you wanting more at all.
mongrel
+1|6432
I'm digging the new toys but the map does suck. Anyone else been driving along and find themselves in a puddle they couldn't even see? I dunno, I guess it's "realistic" that you can't make out crap on the battlefield, considering everything IS camo'd after all, but there's something to be said for fun.

Also, what's up with scoring? I'm consistently getting one point for a kill, no points for a kill assist. Is that how it is now?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6751|Oslo, Norway

mongrel wrote:

I'm digging the new toys but the map does suck. Anyone else been driving along and find themselves in a puddle they couldn't even see? I dunno, I guess it's "realistic" that you can't make out crap on the battlefield, considering everything IS camo'd after all, but there's something to be said for fun.

Also, what's up with scoring? I'm consistently getting one point for a kill, no points for a kill assist. Is that how it is now?
yeah. but you do get a "titan attack bonus" (+1) for every kill within a certain range of the titan.
[AZEG]PhxBravo
Moved to "Phxbravo" account
+10|6469|phoenix, az

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

lol I agree, they should have enabled the tier1 and maybe tier2 unlocks to spice things up.  Inf is very bland compared to the beta.
DrJAV
+1|6587
I wouldn't mind unlocks, but if you play for a while and get a squad going it's actually a fair bit of fun. I really enjoyed it. Give it a chances and play with some friends and I think it has a load of potential
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6751|Oslo, Norway
Can't wait for the POE mod (with modern not starwars weapons etc!)
mr.degman
+10|6445
^^exactly
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6751|Oslo, Norway

mr.degman wrote:

^^exactly

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard