Harv
+2|6412
first off this is a cool site,visit here all the time.

is anyone else frustrated with the AA guns being so weak,Im able to shoot down planes,choppers better useing the machine guns on the hummer.
greenhaven
+47|6464
Yep, they are crap. DICE should have used flak guns instead, like the ones in POE2. If you want to use SAM's, then you get an AA vehicle.
Harv
+2|6412
an engineer with a stinger missle is on my wish list,I like the planes and choppers in the game ,I just wish they would be a bit less difficult shooting them down.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6521
who needs aa's when u got a choppa?
Angel.C-sq
+24|6687|Computer Chair
50 cal works better. Shame but true.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
AA sucks, harsh but true. I just wish there was a skilled way for ground targets to be able to take out jets, instead of completely skilless (AA vehicle, just lock on and fire) or flak guns (no way can you predict that movement from so far away).

heh, some sort of guidable TV missle that goes about 1200 KP/h, does 70% damage and is very maneauverable would be great
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
Don't nerf anything again, just leave it the hell alone before they completely ruin it.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6577|Florida
AA isnt spectacular against aircraft....but the cannons rock against infantry , thus defeating the Anti-Aircraft use.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6536|Search Whore killing fields
In poe2 Ive shot down atleast 30 helis with that apc that has a tv missle. Got 1 jet, the euro fighter
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6550|UK
I still reckon they should include stingers that are IR guided.

That way the helo & jet "tarts" will not get any warning that they are about to go bang.

Muahahahaha ;-)
Gen. Payne
+50|6705|USA
I <3 Lineback. The rest other ones pretty much suck.
Harv
+2|6412
how about that Iraqi tv quided missle in Desert combat ,that was fun to use.
remember the mod for bf 1942.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6644|Malibu
I believe that all AA sites should have chain gun and heat seeking missiles.
Its so funny that Planes don't care much about the AA sites because most pilots can bypass them without getting hurt. Putting that chain gun there would force pilots to think otherwise.
However, the chaingun might be a little too powerful against Choppers and Infantry for that matter. Therefore, there should be an angle limit so that the chaingun can only be aimed so low that it is not possible to target low altitude targets.

Even though I have said all this, I really doubt anything is gonna happen since BF 2142 is comming out and all that. Just a wish from a small player who enjoys playing BF2 over most other games out now.
niomosy
+26|6688
It depends.  AA used to really suck in 1.12 and earlier versions.  It's not bad now.  Usually, though, you really have to get choppers that are busy with other things if you want to get kills.  Especially on a map like Sharqi where they know all the turrets and are going to take them out quick.

AA vehicles are actually pretty sweet.  The range is pretty decent and you can rattle off four shots before reload.  I racked up quite a number of kills in them in 1.3, especially on Midnight Sun, when you could give yourself ammo as Support.  I still need 30 or so more kills to break 1000.

With AA turrets, you've got to be really careful.  You know that as soon as the choppers know they're locked on, they're going to pause a bit then drop flares all while getting ready to head towards you and blow you up.  You can either hope that you get a lock and your shots off in time or get out of there and play the cat-and-mouse game some more.  Worst case, maybe you distract them for some .50 cal or AT shots to hit.  I wouldn't mind seeing some better AA re-lock abilities, though.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6808|Marathon, Florida Keys
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH i thought we got rid of AA cryers back in 1.2
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

We need stingers.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

If you suck in mobile AA, then maybe it is you that sucks. My 25hours in AA and a 5.6KD with it says so.
All you gota do is wait for the flares to go away, relock on and stick 4 missiles in their face.
Well, for choppers anyway. It isnt gona work against jets that well - so you either catch them when their flares are reloading, or when they are dive bombing you - fill em full of cannon and put missiles in them. I have yet to come across a pilot who has flared my missiles when hes on a bombing run at me. I often take him out for about half my armour being depleted from the cannon it fires.
Keep an eye on the radar and UAV/spots picking up enemy jets and choppers. Face in their general direction and wait for your lock. If there are none on the radar, keep your turret spinning so you keep a good eye on the skies ready to take the bastards out.
Stinger sites do suck ass, I admit. They are only useful on Ghost Town - its the only map where they really pose a threat.

If you want AA to be ever so dominant, play Road Rage. AA absolutly kicks the shit out of A10's. You can take them out with the cannon and no missiles with a bit of skill and judgement.

What annoys me the most, is that this game is set in the modern battlefield (read the back of the BF2 case in case you hadnt realised this ingame by now). The moden battlefield has SAM sites, AA missiles and lockons.  Choppers and jets have flares/chaff to confuse and divert missiles away from them. You dont see flak cannons shooting down planes in the modern battlefield...thats WW2 era. I suppose you may have a few odd ones here and there, but its mostly SAM missiles.
So why the fuck would a game based on the "modern battlefield" even be designed with flak cannons at all?
Stop whining and learn to use it properly.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6536|Search Whore killing fields

StormEye wrote:

I believe that all AA sites should have chain gun and heat seeking missiles.
Its so funny that Planes don't care much about the AA sites because most pilots can bypass them without getting hurt. Putting that chain gun there would force pilots to think otherwise.
However, the chaingun might be a little too powerful against Choppers and Infantry for that matter. Therefore, there should be an angle limit so that the chaingun can only be aimed so low that it is not possible to target low altitude targets.

Even though I have said all this, I really doubt anything is gonna happen since BF 2142 is comming out and all that. Just a wish from a small player who enjoys playing BF2 over most other games out now.
Just fly low enough to take it out within seconds like I do essex
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

its not great, but it doesn't suck ... it takes a lot of antipation and understanding the enemy's flare dropping habits ... if they improved anything .... maybe the reload time of the emplacement.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6687|UK
I show down a jet with a jeep on wake, granted it was smoking and come straight at me. but i did it
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

who needs aa's when u got a choppa?
Who can get the chopper? There's usually like 6 guys waiting in line and half the time, only one side has a good pilot/gunner, the other side sucks.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6700|Australia
Its whiners like you that ruined this game
slicknic
+145|6625

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Don't nerf anything again, just leave it the hell alone before they completely ruin it.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6709|austria

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Dex Luther
+32|6437|Canukastan

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

The game isn't ruined. It needs balancing work and to fix a couple glitches and exploits, but other than that it's fine.

If you consider it ruined, it's probably miss the bunny hopping and shit.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-10-06 23:34:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard