turkeybacon
+50|6450|Dragon Valley

jmbbf1975 wrote:

I hear you brother!!!  I already made my mind up about NOT getting into BF2142 because I had a similar reaction you you about how fast that game is coming out and more so why?  (i know it's all about the $$ with EA/Dice).  I would really like to see more map packs come out for 10 bucks or even 20 bucks!!  More use of the SU-30 for one!!  Hell, even a option where there is a list of several "more common weapons of the world" Like the SKS, M1 Garand, M-14 (or M-1A if you please), LEVER action weapons... just to mix it up... say you substitue ONE kit of the 6 kits for your "custom" kit.  Even different pistol selections!!!  Hell I'd take a 1911A1 over that M-9 (Baretta 92-FS).  I'm not talking MAJOR changes, just ones that make the game more dynamic in it's weapons!!!
For sure, I was like "wtf??" when I heard 2142 was coming out. "Uh...didnt BF2 come out less than a year ago?"

I would still buy new mods and booster packs if DICE wanted to release them. I dont know what they're thinking. They spent so much time making BF2, now it seems like they're trying to kill it by releasing stupid 2142. I hope all the servers crash, the game sucks and everyone comes back to BF2.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6653|Hong Kong
A majority of parents are raising selfish, need for instant gratification punks for children, don't get me wrong there are still good parents, and good kids being raised.

BUT.....

The downfall all started when parents were not allowed to spank there own kids without having their kids call the cops on them (total b.s) Physical discipline is the basis for a proper polite upbringing there is not way around it.

If they were to "warp" today's kids back to the late seventies when I was growing up, in the 10-15 Years old range I would have seriously punched all the rude bastard punks in the face. And I would not have been sued, AND I would have adjusted their attitude to be polite next time.

Stuff was simpler then:

You behaved yourself, respected your elders, said yes sir, no sir. Yes ma'm no ma'm. And the worst thing of all was if my parents had a "talk" to the kids parents and that kid would be spanked with in a inch of his life... and ya know what?

After that the "kid" didn't do that anymore.

I'm ranting. time to stop typing.
Don't get me wrong, but I already feel sorry for your kids (future or present).

On another note, I have to say that BF2 has a high replay factor and I'm looking forward to 2142.

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2006-10-06 22:22:09)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6677|Colorado
commadore 64 for me in early days.
KX500Racer
+4|6848
Great post!!!  The stuff that bugs me is how people come here to ask a simple question and get totally stomped on and cussed at.  If you think the guy is asking a stupid question, just leave it at that and don't answer.  It kill me how people can attack someone with words so harsh over a question.

I too started out with the original pong and progressed to Attari https://www.abestweb.com/smilies/gamer.gif, then a Fairchild, Amiga 500 and finally through all the PCs.

I didn't play any computer/video games for a long time, then I bought BF1942 and went through all the add-ons plus Forgotten Hope mod.  Now it's BF2 and still the only game I play.

I'm luck if I can get two hours in a day and to be honest, that's about all I can take before I'm burned out for the day.

Still trying to understand how some of these guys can play 10-12 hours a day, every day on Karkand!!!!!https://www.abestweb.com/smilies/box.gif
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6697|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Great post. +1

A great game for the replay factor is World War II Online. The developers of the game have stuck with this game since 2001, despite almost being bankcrupt. The people who play the game, and the the way the game works make it a great game to play over and over, if you can get past the learning curve. To this day, the 'Rats' as we call them, are active with the playerbase and are still developing WWIIOL.
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6498|Maine
Does anyone remember a demo disk with one level for the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the PS1?  That one demo kept me busy for hours each day.  That was a truly ground breaking game.

LT2TANKS
SargeX_au
+29|6757

lt2tanks wrote:

Does anyone remember a demo disk with one level for the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the PS1?  That one demo kept me busy for hours each day.  That was a truly ground breaking game.

LT2TANKS
I do actually, used to love it.
Broke a finger playing it though. Do you know when the 2 minutes runs out, but you can keep doing a trick until u stop after the time....Well one day, my brother decided to walk in front of me while playing and told me to pause it when i couldn't....and deliberately wouldn't get out of the way and i fuked up the high score because of it. I was 15 and i lashed out at him, punching him anywhere - unfortunately hitting his hip. ...broken finger           Learnt to write left handed though
skizzz
+22|6813|Moore, Oklahoma

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

first console for me was NES and i played Contra on it. Anyone remember Contra?
uhhh yeah what was the cheat code for 30 lives down up down up left right B A select start
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6569|Area 51
My first videogame was Super Mario on the Super Nintendo!! That was like FTW!!!!! I also had Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo, together with the Smurfs! w00t and somewhat more games. Then when the Gamecube came out I switched to the Gamecube and I again got Mario! Mario is cool. And about the PC I grew up with UT, allways playing against my dad and loosing, and then having to hear from him ''ONE day you'll be better'' and guess what that day has been crossed a long time ago, cuz he doesn't stand a chance any more against me now
HITNRUNXX
+220|6714|Oklahoma City

skizzz wrote:

>LOD<Dougalachi wrote:

first console for me was NES and i played Contra on it. Anyone remember Contra?
uhhh yeah what was the cheat code for 30 lives down up down up left right B A select start
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start....

Sad I still remember that so clearly...
lt2tanks
meat shield
+18|6498|Maine
1800-422-2602 Nintendo's game hotline when you could call them for free back in the late 80s early 90s.  Very sad that I remember.  SargX, That's veteran that you remember that game, LEET.

Tanks

Last edited by lt2tanks (2006-10-08 14:10:05)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6528|Little blue planet, milky way
I've had a computer (of sorts) in my life since... Well, 1977-78 I would guess. Though the first "PC-like" one was really just a machine that would play "pong", and you HAD to have someone to play against. Computer interaction was UNHEARD of back then. I mean really, microprogramming wasn't even INVENTED at the time (or at least not USED). I remember when the first tax audits were run, the punchcard machines would need to load TONNES of cards for a single audit. And memory was stored on a rectangular board the size of a 15" LCD monitor... But it would only hold about 8 bytes ! I still have one of those lying around somewhere. If you think memory is expensive today, then just think that we payed like $1000 for 8 bytes, you pay $79 for 512MB today.

That being said.... Yeah, I remember when the first "interaction" came around with games like pacman. That was fun. For the "personal computer" a lot of the games were text based, many had little or no graphics to speak of, and sounds were at best a beep.

I have played my way through Doom, the fallout series, Under a killing moon. A lot of the Laser gun games. Stuff like Pool of radiance (the ORIGINAL), eye of the beholder, Bards tale, civilization, mech warrior. A lot of these games required some skills to defeat them, but even more, they were CHALLENGING, and some of them offered almost unlimited replayability.
That being said, I DO enjoy playing BF2, but it DOES get boring, it's the same all over. In fact, the only reason I play it (well, not the only, but the MAIN) is because it is a decent game, and it takes my mind of other things, and I use it to relax. The original poster would call this an "addiction", and to some extent, I think my wife would agree.

But B2 is not the only game I play. I play BF2 when I dont need or want to think, when I just want to send my mind away on vacation. There's no challenge, no ultimate goal that I should not set for myself. And if I want entertainment, I can just as easily go watch a movie, playt a DECENT game, go out with my friends or family.

It IS true that the gaming industry is going downhill. And it' doing so FAST. And yes.. it IS about the money. But they (the game making industry) can think that way because they get away with it. Because people like you and me go BUY the crap they make just beause the graphics are nice. Who gives a SHIT about the graphics ? I want GAMEPLAY, I want ENTERTAINMENT. Not just a brief moment of distraction before the next game arrives to take it's place.
Canticle66
+0|6644|Canada
My first gaming experience was on an old Texas Instruments machine that took cartridges or you programmed your own.  I was 5 or so.  Since then I went both console and PC, as one always offered something the other did not.

Just for kicks I use old Nintendo theme songs as my cellphone ring tones.  There is always someone who smiles in a way you know they are thinking about their youth when they hear it go off in public.  The old games had amazing music when you think about it, catchy tunes that get stuck in your head even if it was midi quality.  To this day I catch myself humming the Bubble Bobble or old Zelda theme songs.

Try to find an emulator and old games to play when you're bored of the new flashy games that have no content or that has a bunch of idiots playing on-line making you upset.   You'll find that you've forgotten all about it really quick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard