Sgt.Pain24
+1|6431
Alright, this is to all of the guys out their with girlfriends.  Hopefully, you'll be able to help me out with this one too.  I've been with my girl for a considerable amount of time now.  When we first got together, I didn't play computer games at all.  Then, with the arrival of BF2, I formulated an addicition.  Now, with 2142 on the horizon, it's only going to worsen.  Here is my dilemma.  How do I get my girlfriend to co-exist with my gaming addiction?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6493|Melbourne

Buy her a pc and get her in on the action!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

Tell her that she has cooties and you dont want her poonnanner
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6656
YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!?!?! OMFG111!!!!!!! omgomg!!
R3v4n
+433|6493|Melbourne

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

lol i was waiting for some one to post that.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

LIKE OMG POST NAKED PICTURES!1111!!!!

ok, anyways.. I'd say just try and sit her down at the computer and let her play BF2..

I would advise getting a second computer, because if she gets addicted, then your fucked whenever you wanna play...
jimbo21
+11|6658
Tell her "it is what it is", she'll get over it. And if not------hey more time to play bf2
R3v4n
+433|6493|Melbourne

LT.Victim wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

ok, anyways.. I'd say just try and sit her down at the computer and let her play BF2..

I would advise getting a second computer, because if she gets addicted, then your fucked whenever you wanna play...
lol, yeah getting her in on the action would be the best way to go man.  or give her somthing to do while u play.
arson
+99|6643|New York
set her up with a comp, her own bf2 game and tell her  how much fun she would have being  your personal medic....
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

R3v4n wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

lol, yeah getting her in on the action would be the best way to go man.  or give her somthing to do while u play.
There's one thing she could do, but wont.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6598|Australia
Yeah. When we moved in together my girlfriend started to resent my time spent playing BF2 (and on the computer in general). So I let her play a few rounds... then she started nagging me for "her turn". She still says stupid things like "that's sick" when you shoot someone, and refuses to admit she thinks it's pretty cool. But she definitely does like to play, and hates that she sucks.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6630|Camp XRay

just ignore her. thats what i do with my fiance. also buy her all those tv series on dvd and she will watch those while you play.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6678

R3v4n wrote:

Buy her a pc and get her in on the action!
Yup, or, you need to do a lot of special things for her.  Gifts, special dates, flowers, etc.  That way you will be telling her she is special, making her very happy, and in turn, she will return the favor and let you enjoy what makes you happy (Other then her).

Yin and yang.  I'm married, trust me.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6683|Ft. Drum, NY
HA my gf hates me playing but i sat her down and made her play single player on easy. She LOVES the SRAW. Now i just say "Bitch, Get my red bull and diGornio!!" Now she just watches tv while i play. Dont buy her shit, thats expensive. Ive been with my girlfriend for 5 years now.

Last edited by yuckfou09 (2006-10-04 21:52:49)

slicknic
+145|6632
sry but imo a relationship is more important than bf2... and if it is truly a serious relationship and she were to leave for it ... youd only have yourself to blame... cuz well you dont know what you have till its gone... and id know cuz this recently happened to me =/  only it wasnt because of bf2 thankfully.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6645|Calgary,AB,Canada

slicknic wrote:

sry but imo a relationship is more important than bf2... and if it is truly a serious relationship and she were to leave for it ... youd only have yourself to blame... cuz well you dont know what you have till its gone... and id know cuz this recently happened to me =/  only it wasnt because of bf2 thankfully.
I agree with that
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6653|Peoria
yknow, you could try to cut back a bit. You don't have to STOP playing, but learn some moderation. After all

girl>video game.
hitman5050
+4|6429
can i recommend something? uninstall the game....get a life.....spend time with ur girlfriend
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6645|Calgary,AB,Canada
If you have a g/f and you lose her cause of bf2, i'd feel bad. You can still play, but as someone else said, do it not as often. Spend time with her, don't leave her just to go play bf2, then she'll feel like you don't care about her and shes doing something wrong.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6755|Mark it zero.
i would suggest to just play when shes not around. if she is out doing other things without you then its bf2 time.
Jim_Bred
+15|6508

Marlboroman82 wrote:

also buy her all those tv series on dvd and she will watch those while you play.
Smart play right there.
KevMunro
Bring a Towel
+8|6438|Brisbane

Marlboroman82 wrote:

also buy her all those tv series on dvd and she will watch those while you play.
That's how I do it
manitobapaintballa
+32|6625
ask her for a hummer while your playing so you can spend time with her and give her the attention she needs and give in to your addiction
.|microphage
+4|6639|Vancouver, BC
desperate housewives solve's everything
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6452|Australia.
Buy, install, and play World of Warcraft, I hear chicks love Paladins.

But then again, it never worked for me...maybe because I went a warlock..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard